Forced losses ruin ranked

So I lost two in a row and knew it was coming so I said let’s see how many games I am forced to lose.

8 in a row.

The is the worst match maker ever. Getting rolled in the losses too.

Pros don’t need a match maker and every thing is designed around owl.

Fix the game for the people that all paid $60 that went to supporting owl.

This is not a good experience. Nobody likes this at any rank. That’s a major problem.

43 Likes

Pros don’t need a match maker because they create their own teams.
A team based game with a system that creates random teams is of course weird.
Especially when teams are penalized when forming their own teams/6 stacks(not fair for the casual player, who dont want to deal with teams or team members)
A system that is made for the casual players, to increase their experience, in a competitive mode is of course a big failure.

Comp mode should not for players who say stuff like:

• It is just a game, lets just have fun.
  • I paid x$ i decide how and what i play, not my team members or meta etc…
  • I only play hero X because it is the hero i like.
  • I dont like playing hero X, so i will not. Even if that means that we will loose
  • I dont like my team telling me how to play, who to shoot at etc… that is why i mute them

All the above would be fixed when comp would have been clan based only. Where a clan decides who their members are. And members who they dont like/or dont want to play like they want, will get kicked.
So no more room in comp for the casual players. No more 50% win rating needed.

So more like OWL. Where even very good players, high in top 500 rank will not find teams who want to have them, when they dont want to play as a team.

14 Likes

Imo this is the only correct attitude to have.
It IS just a game, it’s not your job - you are not getting paid for it and no1 else cares what your SR is.

The fact that a lot of you care so much about your precious winrate and SR is the cause of most of the games toxicity.

31 Likes

Its why there is a competitive mode.
To play competitive.
This means to take it serious.
Some players like that. And others don’t
Still they are playing in the same game mode somehow.
Ruining each other games.

Why none competitive players are playing in a competitive mode?
Just to get the golden guns? I dont know what it is.
But blizzard should remove those and add that in another mode like QP or a new mode. Or create a real comp mode.
But the current comp mode isn’t competitive almost from the start.
Mostly because it was changed so casual players could play it too.

8 Likes

And to me, my longest losing streak has been 30 in a row before role pick, it seems as if there is a winner lane and a loser lane. And after a few losses, you are in the loser lane with frustrated players. Seems forced to me…just saying

9 Likes

Horrible
imgur. com/q9YE42g

Ahhh… The daily “forced loss streaks” thread with absolutely 0 evidence but “i lost so it must be because outer sources, because, you know, im a god and cant lose unless im forced to lose”

23 Likes

If you’re upset enough to post this kind of thing, that’s probably why you lost so many games… take a break and play when you’re not tilted.

11 Likes

So you got tilted and, instead of taking a break, decided to lose 8 more games and blame the matchmaker?

13 Likes

8 in a row? double that and come back to me.

5 Likes

The fact that there are so many “forced loss streak” posts suggests that there is some kind of problem that at least looks like a forced loss streak. I insist that at least part – maybe all – of the problem is a side-effect of wintrading and boosting. I ran into two 2-stacks of DPS last night (may have been the same jerks on different accounts) who told everyone that they were deranking to Bronze. While waiting in the support queue between matches, I reported 4 or 5 derank groups, and two boost groups in LFG.

6 Likes

The only fact that it represents is that there is a lot of egoistic people on these forums. It doesent matter what it looks like. And looking like something is not a indication of a problem. For example: for a noob good aim looks like a aimbot. Yet its not.

Oh yeah and a lot of people who like crafts with tinfoil.

6 Likes

You may believe people are not able to tell when something is wrong, but there is clearly something going on when a player is performing well, and the next session they suddenly have players who play and behave NOTHING like what they run into normally mulitple games in a row.

Your guess with no evidence is just as valid as theirs, and players like you only seek to derail these threads discussing this phenomenon because YOUR ego wants to believe the matchmaker is flawless and is always correct about where people should be.

3 Likes

Yes. They are unable to spot what is wrong. That is why they are in “elo hell”, they tilt, they focus on wrong things, they go on a small loss streak, they tilt more and they lose even more.

I dont even have evidence so yes, its equal.

I have never said or thought the matchmaker is flawless, actually in a game like this I dont think we even have enough computing power to make a flawless system, maybe when the quantum computers comes out, but there is still the problem of making such system. But yes, it is a working one and people are where they should be (you should understand here that the system is not even intending for people to be exactly on a correct rank, for example 2578, because that would mean that they need to draw every single game after that)

4 Likes

I had great placement matches. Probably 50-50.

Had a guy mocking the other DPS but the other one would banter back.

Had one 16 yo that we kinda “strongarmed” to staying even though he dc’d immediately at the end to catch his bus that was coming down his street.

One angry Mid-Diamond tank player that left VC once the rest of the team started talking and having fun.

2 games where my team carried my noob DPS play.

One tank player ragequit leaving me as a solo tank but we actually ended up playing better as a 5.

A lot of the matches were people that aren’t snowflakes, so playful banter was dealt with appropriately rather than people getting all defensive. Just keep the team happy, say sorry when mistakes are made, and don’t get mad yourself. It’s just a game, you don’t have anything on the line.

3 Likes

This is only true of forum trolls whose only tactic is “you just suck at the game.”

False. Problems are defined by symptoms; symptoms of problems are defined as a pattern of undesired, unexpected, and/or illogical results.

A “forced loss streak,” therefore, is not the problem, it’s a symptom of whatever the problem is. Matchmaking? Wintrading / boosting / cheating? Something else? Yes, it could be purely a matter of perception – it’s possible for 10 coin-flips to come up tails 10 times – but the opacity of the entire ranking system makes it easy to come up with a wide variety of potential causes.

False. Noobs don’t know aimbots even exist. You have to be pretty involved in PC gaming to be aware that cheating is even possible. Or you have to be a habitual cheater / psychopath who is constantly looking for unfair advantages in all situations. Honest people aren’t aware of cheating until it’s made blatantly obvious to them.

3 Likes

Actually it was the opposite. I wanted to see how many games in a row would this happen. I was just in the other forced thread so I once I lost I said let me keep an accurate count so I can report back.

I played as usual. I try not to ask people to switch or direct our team comp cause any team comp can work

I know how to compete unlike most people. I was a very high ranked junior player in tennis, played college tennis, itf (low level pro tennis).

I coach every day (every single player I coach gets full ride scholarships), i can still compete with players even though I am older. Being able to stay relaxed while someone is blasting 130mph serves at your face is what I do. Basically I know how to take losses and learn better than most people it’s the nature of my job.

This forced streak is not random is happens way too much to too many people. You get maybe 1 of 20 games that’s not a stomp on either direction. Something is wrong with that.

Clan system will fix a lot of the issue with people that quit (they will get booted off of teams).

It will also make sure people play their roles and teammates feel competent in each others ability. So that leads to less fighting than in random teammate mode.

Comp will forever suffer until this is added. I don’t think any mmr crap they can come up with can fix ranked.

Most of these games are lost in the first team fight so for 10 + mins you are fighting an uphill battle against both your team and the other one.

Honestly I think overwatch can be one of the best games around just make changes please!!!

6 Likes

Yes the only and the only reason why you cant climb is that you are not good enough. Can you lose a game or two even if you are good enough to climb? Yes ofc. Does it prevent you from climbing? No, it doesent.

You know the pattern thing right? How humans try to find patterns so much that they find patterns even when they dont exists? So yes, its normal people find patterns when they dont even exists, so no, people finding patterns is no evidence.

Yes, but a game of overwatch is not a coin flip. Unless everyone is equal. But if someone deserved a higher rank the game is not equal anymore and the one who is above everyone else makes the odds to shift for the benefit of the team that has that player, thus making the player win more, or in other words ranking up.

Lol… I would disagree, but then again I dont think its even worth at this point if you think noobs dont know the existence of aimbots. You can be involved with PC gaming and be a noob. That is like… Are you even using your brain, what?

No, only the most gullible people, ie some 3 year olds are not aware of cheating. Honesty doesent have anything to do with it, gullibility has.

2 Likes

I just always find it weird that I have multiple games in a row where I am winning (maybe 10 or so) and suddenly I start losing again. I really feel like I am playing like I did when I climbed, but now it is going down South again^^

But OW is just at a very bad state in total^^ The balance is trash, I cannot wait for the new PTR Patch to go live…
Wish they wouldn’t focus on OW2 with OW1 still having so many Issues and Problems…

8 Likes

Well I don’t have “forced” losing streaks. Except when I’m drunk, that’s quite literally the only time I have lost huge numbers of games in a row.

Omg…that’s it isn’t it? you been drinking? Don’t drink and play OW, you will lose a lot.

I also don’t have a ton of stomp games. Also I know what people tend to call “stomp” games.

2-3 where enemy almost got through the second point? Stomp!
2-1 on KOTH? Stomp!
Draw? Stomp!

I play in Diamond as a tank, Plat as a support, Diamond on my Mei one-trick account, and gold on most other dps.

Have not seen anything you claim