Forced losses ruin ranked

1. You don’t seem to understand historical perspective. Flat earthers weren’t always in the minority or considered tin-foil hat types, like the rigged matchmaking types are now.
  2. You don’t seem to comprehend that you’re using the exact same flawed methods of arguing that the historical flat earthers used.

You: “Lots of people on these forums (including me on my at least 2 separate accounts which further skews the definition of “popular”) say that something happens!”
The small number of rational people who stick around these forums: “Confirmation bias.”
You: “Your input is under-represented on these forums and unpopular among people who refuse to get good, therefore wrong!”

3 Likes
  • everyone makes trheads proving forced loses exists *
  • comes to the forum to say they dont exist *
1 Like

Ive yet to see one good proof. I wonder why.

3 Likes

Again…

Everything else is tinfoil, but this is the truth. Also, this is what a matchmaker is supposed to do.

One more time: What do you think a matchmaker IS???
It is programmed to “force” even matches. That is why it exists. It is on purpose. As intended. Working as it should. Etc.

You lot makes it sound like you genuinely do not understand the purpose of matchmaking. You make it sound like there is a great conspiracy that makes you being correctly matched.

Let’s try this one last time:
A matchmaker forces even matches. That is it’s only purpose.

2 Likes

if a lot of people experience this is a big proof ( well at least in my opinion) how can they prove it? recording 10 hours of playing the game that nobody is going to watch is useless

1 Like

So far its only stories. I even created topic for that(link below), nobody posted anything, there is no proof of forced loss streaks or rigged matchmaking. Why 10 hours? Loss streak of 6 games would be like 2 hours max and I will watch it , dont worry.

Also a lot of people is talking how they were abducted by aliens. Is that big proof? Not really.

2 Likes

“Forced losses” is not something that exists. You are placed on a team versus another team with as close to the same MMR as possible.

You will have lose streaks. You will have win streaks. You will occassionally be put in a next tier game after you have been winning for a while to see if you are skilled enough to play in a higher tier.

Nothing is “forced”.

3 Likes

There is no such thing.

With long-term patterns, systematically categorized and analyzed, you’re supposed to be removing the confirmation bias. I’ve done it, people have done it. Forced loss streaks are real.

Exactly. I have spreadsheets of my matches, updated with screenshots, etc. I keep score because I’m trying to improve. Would I go through that kind of trouble to throw/lose at 700sr? Of course not. But I’m banned rn for losing as a bad ana in the literal bottom 1%, after several replay screens FULL of red (forced) losses.

The main reason this happens is simply enough because the matchmaker is bad. BUT, it isn’t for the reason you think. The matchmaker isn’t perfect and so it first accidentally puts you with people that are better than you. Your team carries you, wether you acknowledge it or not, and you think that you carried your team. Then, after that the matchmaker puts you with people that are about as good as you and you are at a rank with people better than you. You get tilted after the first game or two and think that the matchmaker is to blame. Then you go on a lose streak back to where you belong. This sounds harsh but it is the truth. You can’t realize that sometimes your team carries you and so you ignore your mistakes. Then the next game, which is more equal, your mistakes show but you still think that, because you won a few games when your team carried you, you’re not to blame when you are. Again, I’m sorry that this sounds harsh but it is the truth. Nobody is held back by the matchmaker. Ask anyone who has done unranked to gm playthroughs. ML7, Samito, Cyx, Kabaji, chronodata, or dafran will all say that same thing. You aren’t realizing your own mistakes and fixing them. Instead, you’re always blaming your team. Stop blaming the matchmaker or your own team and start focusing on yourself.

I just checked, they’re still not real. As soon as you work on improving yourself and stop blaming external factors (especially the imaginary ones that don’t exist) you’ll climb.

I just checked, they’re real. As soon as you work on accepting data science which isolates the relevant factors (especially the recurring ones which have been documented) you’ll accept.

Edit: I’ll post the evidence later tonight after another forced loss streak hits.

It’s adorable that you think anecdotal evidence qualifies as “data science”. Good job editing out the personal attack, I’m afraid it already got flagged though.

The only attack here is from you and its on science.

If you say so. *it’s

it’s.

You forgot the ‘.’.

Nah, it wasn’t a sentence, just a tacked-on correction for you. For science!

If you’re going to correct peoples (*) punctuation. At least do so properly. For science!

*people’s [it’s possessive]

You took the bait, for science.