Forced losses ~3.2

I pointed out multiple mistakes. Not that I expect anything more from you though, you’ve already shown yourself up too many times.

1 Like

I posted much much more than just five games.

Initially I posted only the first video because the second one was still uploading.

There are also more recent videos that I can link you if you wish.

I’m probably right though given that eventually I did climb.

Wrong advice should be ignored.

There is a lot of incorrect advice on this forum.

I improved but not by taking the advice from this forum.

Then it would have actually been because most players are casual and struggle to adapt to different kinds of compositions.

Although it was added for a number of other reasons as well.

Yes you do.

I already went to the leaderboard and checked. I saw a roughly 250 SR difference which is… “nothing”.

That difference can also be explained by other factors such as a person being flexible.

Still not sure how this is relevant to the initial conversation.

Okay then so is 250. Or what qualifies as “something” in your mind?

Arithmetics. 10 + 3 + 1 equals 14.

I would use it as a response to someone who called me bad.

But then it would be expected that overall those bad plays aren’t relatively that bad.

Another person called me bad and you jumped into the conversation:

My response was:

It’s true that you didn’t explicitly call me bad but you also suggested it with further comments.

Your OP has 5 games, anything else in this thread was related to a different comment.

But I thought it was rigged against you? You might have played well in other games but in the ones you showed me I don’t think you did.

And we’re back to square 1, who are you to call it wrong advice? That’s the exact same thing as just refusing to consider their feedback.

Not usually from those at a higher SR.

No, because the biggest complaint of old competitive was getting put on a team with 5 DPS one tricks etc.

I really don’t need to. Just look at it. There are diamond players in the top 500 in OQ. I don’t understand why you refuse to accept this.

Because Diamond players now think they are top 500? Because you’re arguing OQ is harder than RQ?

Most people have a 100-120 SR gap between different roles, so a 120 SR gap between RQ and OQ is nothing, especially when in your case you’re playing the same role.

But where are the stats Blizzard has given out and when?

Calling your gameplay bad is not calling you bad. I don’t think I ever said that.

They can still win after those bad plays, however you didn’t.

Yes, your gameplay you showed was bad or “terrible”. If you were bad you wouldn’t be Diamond, I never called you bad in general.

2 Likes

Therefore adding platinum at 25% that means plat is 39% because people think because it says 25% that it means they are top 25% but they don’t add on the % from the other ranks too

2 Likes

That is incorrect.

There is 3 hours of gameplay footage there.

You also thought it was open queue. I highly doubt you even watched the videos.

Yes indeed.

It took an incredible amount of grind.

To get me from platinum to Diamond on this account required me to queue up with another person in order to combat the extremely aggressive algorithmic handicapping.

Someone who has improved and climbed by specifically ignoring or doing the opposite of that advice.

Someone with a lot of experience on the hero which he can also show.

If they don’t play the hero then yes they are likely to give a lot of wrong advice.

An example of really bad advice would be “you shouldn’t one trick”.

Due to the reason I have mentioned. Lack of adaptability.

Why does that matter?

Who has claimed to be top 500?

Like you said:

“I can’t do all of the work for you.”

You can do the research.

Isn’t that implied?

Doesn’t mean those bad plays were all that significant.

So I’m a good player. Thank you.

Yeah. Self-explanatory.

I’d like to see a more updated version though, but I assume it’s still pretty similar though I’d suspect more people are in platinum than gold now since the new 2-2-2 placements stuff, it’s a lot easier to place into plat as there is only 5 placement matches now compared to the previous 10 unless you’re OQ

2 Likes

Your OP had 5 games, before you added the second video you literally just admitted to 5 seconds ago.

I don’t remember saying you were in open queue or ranked queue, I said your OQ rank does not correlate with your skill level if it is largely different from your RQ rank.

That is competitive for you.

Yet you still come to the forums about almost every loss? Which is it, are you falling or climbing?

Experience doesn’t mean ignorance. If you make an obvious missplay at least accept it and don’t get defensive.

Coaches are coaches for a reason.

Or because few people found it fun.

Because that is the argument I’ve been trying to make? 3200 is considered ‘Top 500’ in Open queue.

It is in response to you thinking OQ is harder than RQ.

Pro players make bad plays, doesn’t make them bad?

Well they all play their own part, but it doesn’t help when you then go on to argue your team is the problem.

Anyone at Diamond or above is a good player but can still make terrible mistakes.

I was searching for what Diamond specifically is within the top % of players and was shown these numbers assuming they were the ones I searched for. I just misread the title.

2 Likes

I added the second video on the same day that I made the post. The last edit was on 10th August.

The video was just uploading as I mentioned originally.

Maybe be more patient next time or if you need clarification about what the videos were intended to show then seek clarification.

Again nothing to do with the original conversation of this thread.

You randomly brought up open queue when I said I was in the top %.

I won’t respond further about that here as it is unrelated.

Then the phrase that “you are in the rank that you belong” cannot be true for a huge amount of the player base that simply does not have the time to grind for so many hours.

I do not complain about “almost every loss”.

Climbing but extremely slowly due to algorithmic handicapping.

Sure if you prove it’s a significant missplay.

Money.

Because they refused to adapt. It was more “comfortable” for them not to do so.

Other players like me enjoy such challenges.

Relative to you and me no they don’t.

Every play they make is a well-considered decision.

My team in combination with the enemy team being drastically better.

What are mine?

So you concede that you were wrong. Always best to do the research before you accuse somebody of not telling the truth or telling them to “tone down their ego.”:

The problem isn’t that he is proud of it, the problem is that he is trying to justify his toxicity by saying that he is Top 14% (When that is barely above average rank)

2 Likes

Because a TON of people and a coach already did, but he ignored it all. So trying to help Hulk is a waste of time

2 Likes

To be honest you deserve your sr, i played against you yesterday and you were not the best.

2 Likes

Can’t/won’t speak for Hanqz or others Moira, but generally the point a lot of us take issue with is that they excessively blame their teammates for lost games as well as the match maker as opposed to taking any self accountability.

When lower ranked players come to the forums for answers and endure people such as that, aside from providing confirmation bias, which isn’t scientific in any stretch, it also perpetuates toxicity towards teammates in-game rather than self-accountability.

Yes, we all know that sometimes, there’s just nothing that can be done to save the game. But to blame your team or the match maker is just not acceptable.

I know you don’t accept the rigged match maker crowd and I’ve seen you shut people down for blaming their teammates so I guess I’m confused why this situation is so different?

2 Likes

Your Mei was doing a lot of the work, walling me off etc…

Yes, you need to work with your team more. From what i notice is that you are always doing your own thing, if you just call out when to wall and where to tp etc you will climb in no time. Because most of the time players in diamond are not the best and need a person telling them what to do lol

2 Likes

Then adapt, as simple as that. Rein doesn’t work on every map and composition

Not surprised that you mentioned that, he never uses VC and does his weird Rein “flanks” and solo play, then when his teammates are left alone with no shield and die or when they can’t somehow read his mind, he just blames them

2 Likes

Are you guys the OQ gang?

1 Like

Maybe you are right.

I’m not completely sure what I should have done on that game.

I tried to bait the Mei wall once I figured out that strategy and told my team to do this.

Was my pick the problem? Doubtful.

Your team had a Reinhardt as well and won.

So IDK…

EECFFD code

Because as the games get harder your stats get worse and indicate you don’t belong at that rank. Increase your mechanics and APM and the matchmaker will give you games designed to raise your SR.

3 Likes

I fear we have long passed the moment when the only variables that determine the outcome of a match and the position of our rank were determined by our ability and performance. The game is in a state of abandonment due to the logic of MARKETING and ECONOMICS.

1 Like

So I need to land more fire strikes? Get more charge kills? More damage blocked?

What if I don’t want my games to be “designed“ for specific outcomes?