Forced 2-2-2 Will Set This Game On Fire

And, not in a good way. It will set this game on fire, like an arsonist setting fire to their failed business, for the insurance money.

Force 2-2-2 will not fix this game. What it will do is:

1. Create unbearable queue times
  2. Create scenarios where you have a Hanzo main on Mercy so they can game faster
  3. Will screw over Flex players trying to counter.

In regards to number 1, this is what I see happening for me, I either: queue as Tank and Support to play faster. (so, I’m forced into that role, if i don’t want to wait 9 hrs for a match) Or, I actually take a break, go DPS, and have to wait forever, if I want to play as, say, Ashe. So, in Forced 2-2-2, I will be punished for not being a Tank or Support Main (which is something I never wanted to be) (I should mention I consider myself a Flex Player that prefers DPS)

In regards to Number 2, this will be Hell for everyone. You really want that 100hr Hanzo main on Mercy when they’ve only played her for 2 minutes, overall? Yeah, that’s going to be a train wreck. Having another DPS is better than having someone who has no idea what they’re doing on the role you “need”.

In regard to Number 3, if say, I’m playing Rein and the Pharah is giving us Hell, I can’t Switch to Solider to take care of her. And, if our DPS players are set on not switching heroes, I guess you’re just SOL

I mean, I know this game isn’t perfect, but at least it gives you freedom. Yeah, sometimes 5 DPS and one Healer suck, but at least you can play what you want. And, if it bothers you to be solo healer, maybe just grab a DPS too and just try and have fun. Or, make a group with others who want a 2-2-2 Comp. Don’t force the rest of us to play a game we don’t want, just so you can have the experience you want. Its not right.

Now, I will say if 2-2-2 is only an option, like a selection screen in QP or whatever, then fine. As long as you aren’t forcing me to play it, I’m all for having what you want as well.

But, make no mistake, Forced 2-2-2, across all of OW, will help kill this game. Because, a lot of people will leave and never come back. And, honestly, I wouldn’t blame them.

Edit (for clarification):

I’m all for the option of 2-2-2 and things of the nature

What I am NOT okay with is OW going Forced 2-2-2 as the only way to play. I am NOT okay with the “deal with it or leave” mentality that some of these Forced role people have.

I’m all for the option of role queuing. I’m not for it being the only way to play OW.

I hope that makes my stance on this quite clear. Thanks :slight_smile:

Edit 2:

Thank you to Posters like PezLex and MoonShock for replying to certain people about what I said in the OP. I made those same points in other comments, but it’s a pain digging through 200+ comments to find mine, quote what I said, and reply them to each commenter.

So, thank you for just paraphrasing what I already have said a few times in this thread. I appreciate it.

42 Likes

The dev team knows this

2 Likes

I can’t imagine they would force any comp in qp.

And I doubt they’re ready to force 2-2-2 in competitive either. They’d like it to be the ideal sure, but I’m not sure that even if a role queue comes, they’d force 2-2-2.

3 Likes

Support and Tanks will have 5 - 10 secs waiting times and DPS will have 3 minutes nothing “unbareable”. Also this will provide more QUALITY matches.

Most of the people are against 2/2/2 are people with lots of smurfs accounts, trolls enjoy make rage their entire team instant locking Widow etc.

Since day one OW should be 2/2/2 and one hero limit they wait almost 3 years to a basic thing

25 Likes

In a perfect world, perhaps. But, this would require a huge overhaul to the Match Making system.

I mean, as it stands right now, it can take me 5 minutes to just find a regular match without 2-2-2 being forced. I can’t imagine our current system with it. It would be a nightmare.

For the record, I do none of those things. Most I do is get in a mood to play, say Hanzo, and will Insta lock him. But I do that in Arcade. On like No Limits or something. Never in QP or Comp (especially).

I always Flex to what is needed in “proper”/“serious” matches.

But, in QP, if 5 people pick DPS, I’ll probably grab one too and have fun with it, because, hey, why not? Haha.

2 Likes

Wow the opening analogy was really something.

I almost sat down in front of a fire place with a bottle of red to read the rest of it.

All jokes aside your points are extremely valid, l couldn’t agree more.

5 Likes

They didn’t have a role queue in hots and you couldn’t hero switch

do they use a system like this on dota or lol?

You are NEGATING the reality defending your arguments with FAKE believes.

Support and Tanks are roles on DEMAND cuz nobody want play them. So this roles will have INSTANT ticket to the matches for the same they are ON-DEMAND roles

DPS will take 3 to 5 minutes but i dont care for the DPS mains to be honest. in WoW, ff14, Tera, and add 100 games where the trinity exist DPS always need to wait x3 or x4 times more than the other roles

2 Likes

I completely agree with all your points, I’m desperate for forced 222 to not be a thing, not to mention it ruins the point of being creative and creating a team comp.
We also won’t have those meme strats that actually work sometimes (6 support, 5 tank 1 support, etc etc.)

4 Likes

Well, what about someone like me? I Flex/play every hero. So, if I want to be the “good guy” and play Rein for 20 matches straight, then good on me? But, after those 20 matches, if I want to take a “break” and go play Ashe, then, guess I better settle in for that long wait? How is that right? Like I said, Forced 2-2-2 will punish me for not being a Tank and/or Support main, and I don’t like that.

Plus, what about my Hanzo point? You really want a DPS main queuing on a Support they’ve never touched, because it will get them in a game faster? It will happen, and do you really want someone like that on your team? I doubt it.

And what about my Counters point? That’s a realistic problem as well. If you, say, your DPS players refuse to switch to the DPS counter, and you’re a Tank or Support, I guess you’re just SOL. You really want that?

All three of these will be realities under Forced 2-2-2, so I’m against it. Plain and simple.

4 Likes

I post this in every topic, but I think the best option is to force 3-2-2.

The only issue with 2-2-2 is queue times for DPS. There is really no way to solve this at current, because like 50% of the playerbase plays DPS, yet they compete for 33% of the slots. By increasing the team size to 7 and adding another DPS slot, they’re now competing for 43% of the slots. Also, it would shake the bejeezus of the meta, which might make the game interesting again to people who feel it’s gotten stale.

This will probably require substantial rebalancing across the board but I think it would create the best game in the long run.

2 Likes

To quote Junkrat:

“Thanks, mate.”

1. Queue times are a product of too many DPS players; they’re currently ruining all games by going 4-5 dps. No solution to this unless the game is balanced to have 4-5 dps in it.
  2. Role Based SR fixes this
  3. These players don’t exist in any of my games
1 Like

i’d rather wait a few minutes to get dps then have a 5 dps team and get rolled lol

I’m one of these players, but the extent of my flexing is “if we already have 2 supports, I will play tank”.

Note that switching roles after the game starts is never a viable option. If I’m supporting in a 3-1-2 comp, and I know we desperately need another tank, there’s no point even considering the swap because the second you drop to mono healer you lose. Maybe if you had a 3-2-1 comp and you have a tank switch to healer, but you should have known better than to start the game with that comp anyway.

(Let’s not pretend that any DPS players will ever switch to tank or healer, this legitimately doesn’t exist).

2 Likes

Playing to counter is mostly for 1 vs 1 on teams with 4 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank. Everyone is spreaded and the team-fights are not existent

2/2/2 will enforce a lot more the team-fight vs team-fight in the way OW is supposed to be played and in the way the pros play that. In this scenario play to counter is a lot less effective cuz all them are stacked

Not really. Queue times won’t shorten for anyone, they can only get longer unless the overall player base grows. The ones who’ll suffer the most are DPS, and in less populated servers I would not be surprised if we reached 1 hr long queues for them.

No. I like being able to make decisions on the fly and change strategies when necessary instead of being stuck 5 minutes hitting a wall because having 2 off tanks or 2 main healers is way worse than having 4 dps. I also like to play certain roles in specific maps.

4 Likes

Listen i see you are kinda NEW with the “Trinity system”

World of warcraft Tanks and healers have 1 to 3 mins queue timers and dps have over 10 mins waiting timing sadly

On FF14 Tanks and healers have 2 to 4 mins average waiting times while DPS can have as high 12 to 15 mins

On Tera tanks and healers get 5 mins waiting timers and DPS nearly of 20 mins sometimes

On ovewartch i repeat tanks and healers are roles on demand and they will get instant on a match where the dps are the ones will have to wait 3 minutes cuz they are not roles on demand. You need to understand that only the dps will suffer the waiting timers not the supports.

Also if you hit master man in this ranks the waiting time will be HIGH for everyone something like 5 minutes for tank-healer and nearly 8 - 9 minutes for dps but you play vs the same 50 people on master, gm and top500

1 Like

I’ve had 30 min queues already without the role system with SR variances of over 1.5k late at night in SA. It can’t get better with a role system unless the system becomes way more lenient when it comes to SR balance and ping.

1 Like

:joy:

Seriously though, I’d love two comp modes. The one we know right now, and a 2-3-2. It’d be pretty awesome.