Forced 2-2-2 Will Set This Game On Fire

Dps will switch roles and become more flexible. Jeff said himself that these stats don’t take that kind of shift into consideration

Also it works in other games, but blizzards Problem is that we are used to a minute q time only, however the game does need something to put people with actual main tanks and main healers in the game.

Feelsbad to loose just because your rein is a genji main usually who wants to be nice and swaps, but the enemy rein who is an actual main stomps him and our team.

If people would stop locking in 5 DPS in comp & then complaining we have no tank or healer this wouldnt be an issue

I’ve been supposedly reported for not picking a healer when the other 5 have locked in DPS

Personally i reckon it should be locked into 1 Tank 1 Healer 2 DPS 2 Flex or even 1 Tank 2 Healers 2 DPS 1Flex, at least make every team have a healer & tank

I dont mind 6 DPS in QP but in comp it ridiculous as the very people instalocking damage hearoes are the ones complaining there not getting heals or there is no tank

2 Likes

To be honest if you are refusing to play anything else but DPS then you are part of the problem.
I’d prefer a system where you select choose what you would prefer.
Say:
1: Damage
2: Tank
3: Support

You will be put into a game based on how quickly the matchmaker can match you with your number 1 choice, if it can’t find anything in a decent amount of time (5min?) it will automatically put you in the number 2 choice (tank in this instance) which would pretty much instantly get you a game.

Or just let the selfish DPS suffer long que times.
I don’t mind that :yum:
If they want short que times they will start to pick up tanks/support like they should.

At least then the game can be balanced around a 2v2v2 comp which according to Jeff would be much easier to do.

3 Likes

It will simply never be ‘role select’ enough.

The moment someone gets put with 2 off-tanks, they’ll want off-tank and main-tank queues, and off-healer and main-healer queues, and hitscan and projectile DPS queues, flex-DPS queues, flex-Support queues.

It won’t ever end. People asking for this just need to get on LFG, let it be known they want a Rein, Zarya, Lucio and Ana; and some DPS that covers what their pick won’t do. They could probably put that together in less than 25 minutes.

8 Likes

If the role queue is different from the normal one but queues people together, sure … because that would be a “lite” version of the LFG.

Do you want role queue? Fine, use that and then the game will make a 6 stack that will ONLY play against other 6 stack from normal queue and role queue. Leave the rest of us alone to play with only duos or 3 stacks max.

If people claim that it will be popular, cool, your queues will be low … if they are super long … guess what, people will have spoken.

PS: My bet is barely 20% of the players actually want forced 222

5 Likes

Yeah i thought about that too. In league you can select primary and secondary role. If you get filled for your secondary role you will be guaranteed to get your primary in the next 3 matches. Or you can choose “fill” to get any role. I dont know if that would help with queue times in OW though.

1 Like

Hidden profile, tough to accept anything ya might hint at as far as your roles being played. As of the last time it was being tracked, 7 of your top 8 played heroes were all DPS. Sooooo unless you reformed, little tough to believe you’re now this big time flex player.

Most of the anti-2-2-2 vibe comes from people pitching how it would crush all these fun and innovative comps everyone is on board with, even when we know that is NOT what is going on in game. It’s more like +1 more DPS or +3 sniper etc forced into a team. Then your solo support can’t keep up with DMG or your solo tank can’t hold a front line.

Lets not forget we also have a LFG system now. So that’s a rather quick way to duck being #308 in line for a DPS slot. Just load into a team and go.
I still doubt any of this is going to happen of course. At this point the only system we have is to hope the balance team can dial in game play a bit tighter and players keep getting better at playing more correct roles the team needs in both hero and class of hero.

2 Likes

I pick Wrecking Ball, you cry because you want me to play Reinahardt.

I know because it already happens. You’re going to cry even harder because you just waited 30 minutes for me to not play Reinhardt for you.

11 Likes

I think at this point players are sick of not having decent tank and support play in their games and DPS player are very tired of being forced to flex into the tank or support role. They wanted to play DPS. They launched Overwatch to play DPS but at their core they are still decent team first sort of players. So they constantly fail at the game of “switch or we lose” chicken with the more selfish DPS players, who of course never swap. So they end up on support or tank, but hate it.

Yeah force 2-2-2 opens the door for other team issues.
Your DPS queue is a SYM main or the tank player is a Hog one trick etc. It’s going to happen.
So is that better or worse than what we have now?
DPS player who don’t get to play DPS, DPS players forced into support, teams with 4 mercy mains who can’t play any other heroes. Teams with NO main tank vs two 500+ hour main tank players who move together like they share a brain.

Also, could balance be better if the dev team knew there would only be two tanks, only be two DPS etc?
No one is saying 2-2-2 force is perfect, it clearly comes with issues too.

2 Likes

Also it doesnt really help if they do switch but they only played projectile heroes. I can aim good with projectiles and can make some wonder shots but when it comes to hitscan im as accurate as roadhog from 40 meters away.

3 Likes

You sound like the exact kind of reason 2-2-2 is a great idea…first off that 100 hour hanzo that went mercy…hes gonna be a beast mercy…why you ask? Because in those 100 hours of playing hanzo he not once thought of others and let others have a go at dps as hes only played what 2 minutes as mercy right? As for dps not wanting to wait well guess what i dont want as a tank main… 4 dps…5 dps… Hell im not really a fan of 3 dps as im usually solo tanking at that point as well…but lets sit back and think for a moment… What if your right…what if that hanzo playing mercy is trash…well then he gets a chance to realise the struggles of a healer who is forced to watch the dps do everything other than what they are supposed to while being screamed at for not pocketing the bastion (who hasnt repositioned in the last 12 games) or pharoah (which i hear isnt a big issue on pc due to mnk being easier to aim)

* chest puffing * come at me bro ?
3 Likes

And if nothing is done this game is certainly going to end up with less and less players over time because of frustration with issues like getting matched with five ‘damage’ mains. Queue times have already been getting longer, no doubt as a result of less players playing Overwatch.

1 Like

I am against the 2-2-2 lock, although I originally supported it, but if role queue will really bring the above scenario into effect, I am all for it just for the laughs, not in competitive, though.

Well if there would be forced 2-2-2 I would actually play again.

This is absolutely NOT a guarantee, especially when you consider the impact that a forced meta will have on the game overall.

1 Like

The Devs already know this and will be designing for it. Likely no way for DPS que to not increase by some margin, but welcome to online role-based games. This is nothing new. Want faster que times? Expand your hero pool and learn to play another role.

Won’t matter. It will be role based MMR.

The amount of actual countering that goes on in “Competitive” Mode is laughable. Particularly at he potato ranks. 2-2-2 will likely greatly improve the quality of matches in Plat and below.

All of that being said, I hope they keep 2-2-2 out of QP. It should only be implemented in Comp Mode, where it’s needed the most.

3 Likes

From my experience it happens all the time, you have 4 DPS, they don’t want to switch to counters or they are not able to play the hero on the needed level (If you only play junkrat until diamond, you aren’t going to challenge that widow into a widow vs widow, knowing he probably played her the last 5 seasons)

But it also happens that I’m faced with a 4 Tank 2DPS comps.
You can do nothing with 4 Tanks and 0 Support outside of feeding ult charge to the enemies.

And the worst is when you play like a 4 Support comp, and die because of bad heal prioriy or just no heal at all.

increasing the size of teams to 7 or 8 would be far better

if they really want to have some kind of pick before you play system then a hero q, where you pick a some heros you want to play beforehand, would be far better than a roll q

3 Likes

People switch up a lot, especially between rounds, even in Gold.

2 Likes

I’m just go over the three points you listed.

Que times for gm and top 500 and maybe a bit of masters, sure I’m bet their times for DPS will go up. But everyone diamond and below, I doubt it will be much of a difference in wait. A couple mins sure but rather that then getting a team that’s nobody can tank or a team with four support mains.

As for the Hanzo main playing Mercy, that’s what role Sr will be for. Everyone gets a role at for tanks, support, and DPS. You could be mid masters DPS but a high plat tank. You would put where you would belong for that role. Honestly will make for even more fair and even matches imo.

As for flex which I do as well, while it might limit your choices, guess what? There are heroes in every role that can deal with something on the other team. Enemies got Pharah, you picked tank, go Dva. They got a Genji and you support go Moria or Brig.

Add on top they will be able to balance all heroes for a 222 comp meaning, all those Brig nerfs can be turned into buffs. They can make more changes to Bastion and Sym to make them more viable more easily. Balance will be easier to come by.