For those who dont believe in forced loss streaks

Yesterday I got intresting and unusual lose…
Ended in competitive game with 3 guys with Silver Portaits and stars to be near gold… I was like " OMG each of those guys played more than rest of our and enemy team together It must be a Win, those guys will display some mega skills when those gates opens" …
…Then gate opens and circus started, clown parade of sub-paar skills, enemy team outclassed us 10/10, one of most humiliating loses ever, we was not even threat to enemy team.
Enforced or not but this lose was intresting right? :stuck_out_tongue: Im still wondering how someone who spend half of his youth in OW can lose like that :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re not carrying anyone in diamond as a reinhardt or winston main. I would actually guess that you do a lot of your comp in a group which has given you a false sense of how the game works and of your own skill. You are only as good as where you can get while playing solo queue only on a fresh account.

1 Like

I sure am lmfao. I have multiple 3700+ DPS accounts where i solo queue. Nice try tho. Not really a Rein/Winston main, kinda just play them on my tryhard account. Quick question though, what was the point of that Rein/winston main comment? i don’t get it.

Again, not really. Mainly solo/duo. Only time i go above two people is when im on like, low ranked accounts. Anything 3300 or below. I understand how the game works quite well, and i understand my own skill.

Again, have gotten multiple accounts to 3800+ solo queueing, both fresh accounts and old accounts, so thanks man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess in a sense they can be perceived as “forced” loss streaks, if you’re not paying attention to what the enemy team is bringing to the table.

Here’s mine, the day Baptiste released in comp i played him for 14 games. i won 10, lost 4, got three new season highs, gained about 150 SR.
Played in groups of something like, 3-1, 4-2, 3-1, and went on a 4 game winstreak right as i hit my season high.

The next day, the MMR adapted, put me against players who were better than me, and they made better decisions, adapted to my Baptiste play in a way that made me either make better choices or outright lose.
i lost 6 games in a row before stabilizing at my previous SR before Baptiste was released, roughly 2650.

Basically, the matchmaker is good at its job. You might not like it, but lose streaks aren’t forced, they’re just better than you.

1 Like

I don’t have a theory on this, but did want to chime in that that is NOT how proving things works.

We begin with the assumption that nothing is true, you’re asserting a positive, that a thing exists. The burden is on you to back that up as part of your claim, then we look at what you’ve presented and refute it if possible.

Why? You can’t prove a negative to begin with, you can only refute a positive.

Example-- Prove to me that hitscans don’t counter Roadhog. Go on, show me that they don’t.

2 Likes

Your profile shows you main Rein and Winston, these are generally hero’s that are chosen by people who play with others who help them to get to higher ranks they couldn’t get by themselves.

Right, you mainly solo/duo, probably translates to you typically only play with your duo and then occasionally solo queue. The other person you are playing with is doing more than you think they are.

Cool post from those accounts let’s see what hero’s you’re using, you said you have a bunch where you dps.

Main tank is a role people pick to get carried? Huh? Never heard that one before lmfaoo.

Whats to assume the other person im playing with is doing more than me, and not the other way around? Kinda random, but alright. Most of the time i duo with Off-Tanks / Supports, so yeah im getting carried by anas and dvas every game brother.

Alright, gotta log into em brb. Most aren’t placed this season cuz i dont play on em all, so i don’t think they’ll show my SR

1 Like

Here’s one of em. Currently 3628, had a bad morning play session. Was 3720ish yesterday. Want any more, or is just one good enough

1 Like

This one is fine and clearly helps prove that you are a real high tier player. 95% of the people on here bragging about being at high tiers, offering coaching, acting like they know what they are talking about etc are mercy or moira mains, winston mains, brig mains etc who group with other people who have carried them. You’re one of the very few exceptions and I wish we would see more posting from people like you.

I am confused why you would offer coaching from an account that shows that you are a winston/rein main that is currently not ranked rather than your Masters account that shows you using respectable hitscan/skill/aim hero’s.

Because youre switching heroes during game, winrate alone is not reliable. One guy yesterday was crying about elo hell etc
He had Ana with 4 hours gameplay, 22 matches and 60% winrate and was crying about not be able to rank up. Find whats wrong in here.

1 Like

I usually only play one support per match, unless the other swaps to one I have no synergy with

Because this is my main account. The one i’ve been logged onto since i swapped from console.

Meh. A lot of people are carried by good aim. Showing those heroes wouldn’t really prove anything. If anything, getting coaching from a main tank player seems nearly ideal, since they control the flow of the battlefield.

Word i recently been having some job stuff going on, so i havent been confident enough to place my main account.

Yeah, posting here doesn’t really get me anywhere. Posts where i try to give tips get completely ignored. I much prefer the Overwatch University subreddit for gameplay stuff. This forums a fun place to see low ranked players complain about nonsense

2 Likes

I looked at your profile,
Mercy 4 hours, 70% winrate, 30 matches
Lucio 8 hours, 60% winrate, 43 matches

While I have on this acc (Its not my main)
Hanzo 14 hours, 57% Winrate, 71 matches.

Your Mercy in 4 hours has almost half of my 14 hour gameplay

P.S. My bad, I missread nicknames lol, I thought you were the other guy ha

Why don’t you prove that they exist? If they really did, then how did I and many others climb so high, my main started in low gold and climbed all the way to 3450. The reason these streak “exist” is because people get to a rank they can’t carry themselves in, then lose a few games and ride the tilt into a losing streak instead of just taking a break.

To imply that a company that benefits from people enjoying and playing their game would hold people in their ranks for no reason at all is not only, idiotic, but also completely irrational and narcissistic.

Hey now, don’t jump on that “no-brain winston main” hate train. Hes actually the hardest main tank to play properly.

2 Likes

I really hate this whole “MaIn TaNkS dOnT mAtTeR” mindset when they are probably the most important role, as they directly dictate every other roles ability to do their job.

But I guess if your kit doesn’t rely 100% on aim then you don’t contribute right?

3 Likes

Yeah i dont know, homeboys post/opinions seem a little wrong, but oh well, he means well lol. Apparently to be an effective coach, you have to play aim dependent heroes lmfaoo

1 Like

No love for the space-makers :sob:

1 Like

Support, 116 games, 68% winrate.

There is no poll that indicates how many people think the game is rigged, but if you look on any other Overwatch forum, there are almost no posts like this.

" We’re always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you’re playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I’ve seen comments like “I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate”. It doesn’t do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it’ll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That’s not so you lose, it’s to keep your matches fair." – Scott Mercer Overwatch Forums

I’ve never said that the solution to bad logic is to get good at the game. They are orthogonal skills. I’ve made posts like the above.

3 Likes