For those who dont believe in forced loss streaks

Prove it. Im Challenging you to find evidence to disprove the existence of forced loss streaks. Because how does 1/3rd of the player base experience this, why has blizzard not stated it doesn’t exist, and most importantly, why do players state this is happening and everyone who says they don’t always say lol get better 4head. Real helpful community

5 Likes

They exist for people with bad stats.

How tf do you think the mmr moves you up when your mmr > sr?

2 Likes

The problem is it takes a high IQ to recognize that the matchmaker is forcing loss streaks. The other types of people who don’t recognize it are people who don’t play very often or have relatively little experience with competitive matchmaking, in either way you can’t really get mad at them because neither are their fault. Point being very few people are going to recognize it even though it’s right in front of their face every time they play.

The positive side of this rigged matchmaking that every person playing is being matched by the same matchmaker, so in that way the matchmaking is fair, nobody has an advantage or disadvantage - however it’s just not enjoyable, and on top of that it does a very poor job of estimating peoples skill, the people who designed it clearly are not good a computer games and do not understand what it takes to be good at competitive gaming.

5 Likes

Did the top 500s and GMs get “forced losing streaks” or were they just lucky?

This is the dumbest thing ive ever seen on the forums

16 Likes

My winrates
There you go. Theres my proof. If forced losses were a thing, I’d not have 60%+ on Lucio, Mercy, Zen and Ana

Also. Literally anyone who is in GM. They’re all 60%+ bc you need 60%+ to stay in GM.

8 Likes

Whose to say the matchmaker isn’t different for those in Diamond and GM than for Plat and below?

1 Like

I’m in 2800 rn
With 60%+

So no, its not. You’re delusional.

7 Likes

First of all, how can you reach GM and say im not as good as those players and drop 1500 points. Without gaining any back and secondly you can obviously climb but forced loss streaks are designed to keep you in your SR Range when your MMR is too high. Come back after a week of playing and tell me your thoughts because that much of a spike and saying you aren’t good enough when CLEARLY you are is BS

2 Likes

I never claimed to be in GM?
My peak is 3250. Diamond.
I fell down playing roles im not comfortable on, now im playing my roles and steadily climbing.

What is it you don’t understand here.

8 Likes

I misread it as 4250. And again if you can play at that level how does one get worse?

1 Like

I play supports at diamond level, not tanks or dps.
I didn’t get worse at support, I just played my gold level dps in diamond and , yknow , lost bc i was bad lmao

5 Likes

The further down the ladder you go, the less people are able to work with your hero pool.

Play tanks or start shot calling. Your loss streak is due to mostly playing precision DPS.
Not every team comp has Mei or w/e else will help your preferred heroes excel.

1 Like

Pretty much this
Getting good at Main tank is the easiest way to carry tbh, a good main tank wins games.
you can be amazing at dps and lose if your tank doesnt make space
and i say this as a support main :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would i “disprove” something you claim? Jesus, thats not how it works

6 Likes

Can we get a definition so we are all on the same page?

Define “Win streaks” and “Loss streaks”.
Is it consecutively 3 games with the same result? W+W+W, or L+L+L ?

How can a streak be forced? What factors go into it? And you’re saying it affects all 6 players on the team by forcing it?

How does that benefit game design in any way?

Is there any reason this phenomenon is statistically significant? or just outlier cases?

6 Likes

You don’t get worse once you’re at that point. You’re just too damn good lmao.

double checks profile. Are you experiencing a loss streak on XBL or PC? Because on XBL all the good people are either smurfing or in the diamond games because majority of playerbase is asleep rn.

Lmao i have no life. I play probably 4+ hours a day. No forced matchmaking isn’t a thing.

Well, considering that when i play on high masters accounts, i have an around 55% winrate, and whenever i go on accounts diamond and below, i win like 80% of my games, i think its safe to say the matchmaker works the same way, but i’m just a better player than most of those in my diamond games, so i kinda carry them.

2 Likes

I can hit diamond on every account and I originally started in Bronze in S2. Proof enough?

2 Likes

so heres how the game works, if you’re good enough to climb you will, if you have the necessary game sense/mechanical skills you will rank up until you get to the point where your personal game play is the equivalent of those around you. Its why accounts that get boosted by better players always rank back down and why smurfs always rank back up and are forced to derank via throwing. The reason you experienced you’re 1500 loss streak is because you aren’t good enough to be competing at the rank you were at and subsequently you lost games.

1 Like

So forced lose streaks is a thing, while SMURFS and alt’s are also a thing. If forced loss was a thing why can a t500 consistently make a new account and get it back up to at least Master/GM?

Or maybe; you’re having ‘forced losses’ because you’ve simply reached your natural skill cap and is getting matched with people better than you, thus getting pushed back down until you can actually get better. It’s more ridiculous that people rely on arbitrary things like forced losses and being totally clueless and unable to identify why they lose at all.

6 Likes