For those of you who can’t grind

For those who can’t seem to break into a rank and feel like it’s your teammates , smurfs , throwers , leavers ,

I say my name is War and I have climbed from 1600 Silver to 3000 Diamond :gem:

It took playing BACK TO BACK GAMES all day and kept trying to win even if the score said “ your expected to lose “ it took me saying “I don’t care what the score says I’m here to win , I didn’t wait 5 minutes in Q just to take an L “

It took watching YouTube day till night on how to improve on different hero’s

It took actually GETTING IN CHAT AND MAKING CALL OUTS

It took staying positive even tho getting rolled the whole 1st point and looking at 6 minutes to hold defense on the clock

It took ACTUALLY SWITCHING TO COUNTER the enemy hero’s

You can grind ! You can do it ! But you need to sit down my darling and actually realize it’s not just your teammates , you have to realize you need to improve and adapt to win

You need to grind death match in those Qs to learn the matchups

YOU CAN GRIND and you will take many Ls , sometimes I took 10 Ls in a row and lost ranks but I kept pushing

My name is war and this is my testament

War

24 Likes

sadly there are many who just outright refuse to acknowledge this mechanic.

14 Likes

That’s why they are stuck in their elo and don’t climb , don’t worry you will pass them in rank

facts but this is merely the start getting through masters is gonna be tough

For 5 years I have done everything tc has suggested and more, yet I have never risen higher than a low gold, and that was only for a week.

EDIT: Except voice chat, because I am mute.

1 Like

This should be linked to every “matchmaking is rigged” thread. Well said op

3 Likes

Voice chat is a critical component , I understand not everyone wants to talk , and I understand but you saying something like “ genji low “ just that phrase can be the difference between you winning the fight or losing . And I strongly recommend warming up before a match like AIM TRAINING and death match those helped me a lot ! In 1 v 1

1 Like

Did you not read my post? I’m MUTE. Do you have any idea what that would sound like if I did try to say it?

3 Likes

Ohh I’m so sorry I completely misunderstood I can’t tell you how sorry I am !

1 Like

I can’t tell you how much I would love to be able to warn my team over things like Flankers. Especially when I am running support. I see it happening, and try to use the wheel signaling that I need help, but it never helps.

2 Likes

That’s great you were able to do that, unfortunately many people don’t have the time in their lives for that. The ladder system in OW is far too grindy, especially with role queue times added. A person with a few hours to game a night is going to advance no where.

8 Likes

Hm I would recommend personally when someone is not in chat just as a substitute is to message your team something like “ hey the tracer keeps flanking please watch out “ or something after the round ends , it might not be as good as chat but it’s at least the best substitute we have

Yeah this basically sums it all up. Stop blaming your team mates and do everything you can to improve YOUR play.

2 Likes

Yeah and just change how you play , the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different! I think Albert Einstein said that if I’m not mistaken

Adding in my experience too. Started in low silver in Season 4, peaked at 4155 in Season 17, and now sit at 3500+ in all roles. It can be done. It just takes a lot of focused effort. You need to be willing to put in the work to improve, which sometimes means sacrificing fun for practice.

3 Likes

Agreed brother agreed , when I 1st started for some strange reason Iv always wanted to go to diamond , top 10 percent was good enough to prove to myself , I never bothered going higher I just felt my journey end at diamond , I know I can become masters but I don’t wanna put the effort

I was 100 percent happy with diamond and proving you can climb to an elite rank starting from something low

1 Like

Bless you, one in a million sattisfying forum topics. I made it to gm with that mindset. Sadge, that 99% of playerbase can not apply it, seems that’s why they can’t understand why in-game ballance rounds around 1% of playerbase and many other stupid statements they’ve made.

2 Likes

For someone named War, you seem oddly… accepting, and positive which doesn’t really encapsulate War
Ironic

Agreed brother many people can’t use that mindset witch is odd to me , it’s like YOUR GOING TO LOSE and your going to go on lose streak don’t let that dissuade you ,

Many people think getting to Gm is like a streamer wrecking everyone and winning 99 percent of your games but it’s so much more

It’s analyzing , studying , understanding the hero’s and how they interact it’s ALOT ! And many just think it’s “ click the head and climb “ so yes this mentality is needed to get to any rank above plat in my opinion

1 Like

Yeah you don’t have to do any of this to climb.

Know the game and what your supposed to do (get objective)
Pick Soldier, NEVER switch across 5 accounts.

Take the highest 3 accounts after placements and and play on those.

I KNOW that the older the account, the harder it is to climb, so if you are stuck on your main account with crazy high border, make a new account and do placements and try again from there.

I do not listen to team mates, I DO NOT EVER make call outs these idiots won’t listen to, there is no point.

You, yes, i mean YOU have to hard carry every single game. If you can’t watch the healers, kill flankers trying to be sneaky, and make those head shots, you will lose.

It if YOUR job to babysit your team till you are high enough that these people can take care of themselves and yes (gasp) ACTUALLY CARRY YOU instead of everything being on your shoulders.

Good luck reality.

1 Like