For those of you who can’t grind

And some idiots who think its “cheap”

Lol while climbing I remember getting flamed for so many things and teams blaming each other , but now I don’t bother to listen I just think “ this is why I climbed but your still in the exact rank “ and yes switching is a REALLY big part , if tracer isn’t working , as much as I love her I need to switch

Cuz that switch can prevent the steamroll and counter the whole team and that be the different between a win and a loss

Placed gold when I first got the game. Even dipped to silver at one point. Never thought I’d do it, but I reached Diamond. Have felt satisfied there for a while. Hovering high plat low diamond… not trying terribly hard to progress, sort of just enjoying the spot and taking the rank in, building my muscle memory/knowledge of other picks… taking my time. Might make a push for M soon. Pretty sure I can do it. Have used like 50% of resources available to me.

1 Like

I have already climbed from low bronze to mid plat within 2 years. Yes, I know that Platinum isn’t a rank that most people would be proud of, but I always keep this in the back of my head: I climbed out of 3 ranks to get here, I am sure I can win just this one game if I try hard enough. Inspirational post!

1 Like

Yesterday I had 25 games, with 22 losses. This can’t happen by chance.

Sadly there are many who just outright refuse to acknowledge this mechanic.

im the other side of the coin where i would tell people to grind but dont let it consume you
ive accepted that ill never be a gm player unless i really analyze my gameplay, play different heroes and dont play exclusively solo.
ive peaked 4056 on my main back in season 19 and it never made me feel any better. i wasnt able to play much after that season and i had a pretty bad winrate ontop of decay in 3 roles made me kinda jaded.
number go up and confidence go up but beyond that nothing changes
i wouldnt fret about it too much if i were anyone.
i wasted too much of my life chasing dragons and i wish i could warn 18 year old me in 2016
it got to the point of neglecting things that i really regret.
if you care a lot about your rank, dont unless you have grand prospects.
you dont become cooler when you hit gm, i missed out on a great relationship that im certain wouldve made me happier if i didnt isolate myself to play overwatch.
nothing has made me more frustrated in life than losing my GM games because of someone on my team that was making very questionable plays or me choking.
its just my personal experiences but never let a videogame control your sense of self worth
ESPECIALLY A TEAM GAME WHERE YOU CANT CONTROL THOSE AROUND YOU

2 Likes

Whoah a lot of forum andys should take a lot of notes from you. Stuff like actually switching and making callouts are super underrated and players who feel like they’re entitled to not do these things while they should still actively climb up the ranks are very naive and wrong.

What a lot of players also don’t realize is that if you’re let’s say a 3000SR player, you’re not going to probably climb up to there fast. The closer you get to the rank where you belong the more you shift into 50% chances to win so when you’re at 2800SR your chances to win are probably usually around 60% which means that it takes one anomaly to even out the score. The only way to avoid this situation is to become a better player than 3000SR so you can actually reach that rank

same bro i started at like 600-700 sr lol. i got within 2 games of masters a couple days ago :smiley: feels good.
also would just like to echo the sentiment of never giving up even when it looks unwinnable.
how’s this for fair matchmaking lmao
https:// media discordapp net/attachments/516345050058457120/770455451661631507/ElRDF5wVkAIrGUv.png (remove spaces add . )
we won this game

2 Likes

… I mean… you had a chance to make that not happen I believe. The idea that the game itself is working against you is a mental bias.

1 Like

Yes grinding and studying your own game play is the key to climbing.

yes you can. The question is: is it really worth it?

1 Like

On what account? Your console or PC one?

Plat is already above average brother , the average player is like 2300 gold if I remember you have every right to be proud because not everyone sees platinum even tho a lot of streamers meme on plat but in reality it is definitely “ above average “ so some players will never reach platinum believe it or not

1 Like

I’m playing tank, so if my DPS are useless I can’t do much. I actually won 1 game on support and 2 games on DPS.

So yep, the game absolutely has enforced win and loss streaks. I’m not suddenly playing THAT much worse, and the chances of a random 20-loss streak are about 1 in million.

Mind you, I had similar win streaks before (not quite dramatic, but 8-10 games won in a row).

I wouldn’t say it’s critical but that’s just my experience, aslong as you have a good read of the game yourself you’ll be fine, coming from someone who climbed from 2500-4250 peaking as a zen onetrick

1 Like

They were your fault, unless you were stacking you would have been the common factor in those, you were simply just not playing well. Sorry.

You can make your own teams if you don’t want to leave comp up to random chance.

None of what you’ve said proves this. You have one sample, YOU.

And statistically you should.

For me, it was acknowledging I suck at everything but Symmetra ^^ Got me from 2100 to 3500. Was pre-rework though, I doubt it’s even possible to reach 3500 with Sym’s current state xD
I guess many roads lead to masters.

And for people who say theres never anyone in chat, get in chat and still make callouts. Build good habits so when theres a time for said habits you’ll be there to win.

2 Likes

None of my friends plays OW.

10 win streak can occur about every 1024 games. It’s not impossible, but unlikely. 20 win/loss streak can occur randomly every million games (2^20).