For the love of God nerf Tracer already

nerf blink or something

1 Like

Devs: “let’s let the slow hero has worse range than the fastest hero in the game”

Tracer balance doesn’t make any sense

4 Likes

She doesnt exist for balance, she exists for OWL.

Recall is one of the strongest non ultimate skills in the game, it is a defense mechanism, it is a self sustain, it is a mobility skill, and it even reloads her pistols, i mean come on, Recall by itself has more than some heroes with their whole kits put together.

1 Like

I noticed you were a soldier main. Well with a helix and a melee you can kill her faster than she can kill you all you have to do is get as good as her. The number of things that have to go down perfectly for a tracer to one clip you is insane. And if you’re getting one clipped by tracers in platinum chances are that’s a problem with your movement and positioning. Her win rate is 49%. She is not overpowered. Try actually playing her and doing well. It’s not easy. She’s no more broken than widowmaker. Just a high skill ceiling (arguably the highest in the game wich is why the best players play her - more value).

I’m not a soldier main.

That is your opinion and i respect it but i politely disagree. It is in my opinion not that hard for Tracer to flank people and do her thing due to her high mobility, also one clipping people is not really one of the arguments i often use, its about the overall power of the character, i do however believe that her damage is too much for a character with such capabilities, she can do what others do and much more.

Statistics don’t tell the whole story, there are many things that you would or wouldn’t infer by looking at the numbers and you would be wrong or ill informed. I am not dismissing the numbers entirely because they do matter, but making the entire argument based on them is narrowminded as data is interpreted and also fallible.

Another flawed argument, most of the characters in the game require as much skill as Tracer and some even more, and they are not nearly as dominant as her. Skill and power have nothing to do with each other, if that were the case other heroes would be as dominant as she is, just as heroes who don’t require that much skill wouldn’t be as dominant as they are.

A nerf would ruin her. I have played vs some of the best tracer players in the world and she is very killable. I think you should try to play her for a while and you’ll understand. I think it’s hard to call for a character to be nerfed if you don’t play her enough to understand her.

1 Like

again I don’t think you can really have an educated opinion on this if you don’t play her.

ok but what exactly. If more games are lost than one while they have her what makes her overpowered.

That is your opinion which again i respect, but it’s not a fact, a lot of people don’t agree with that, and it fundamentally doesn’t make sense.

Some of the most skilled players in the world believe that she is broken and needs a nerf, so, different people have differen opinions.

I have played her plenty, specially on my main account, i actually find her fun to play as a matter of fact, the only reason i don’t play her much, yet, is because i like other heroes more, that’s it. I do understand how she works and just playing her a little i can see that she is quiet powerful and if i played her and practiced more with her im pretty sure i would be able to do more than what i do with the heroes that i actually play due to how powerful she is, but i base my playtime on the heroes i like not their power.

1 Like

Tracer is very killable only if your team is ahead. Good Tracer can’t be constantly outplayed by any other hero in most of “fair” matches. Try to kill “some of the best” Tracer and don’t lose teamfight to other 5 players in her team after wasting time dealing with her blinks, recalls and other stuff.

Tracer’s winrate means that Tracer as a hero is a quite popular pick (2nd after D.VA on Grandmaster), that’s why Tracer does not mean a free win. A better Tracer means a free win. And i’m talking only about top tracer players.

1 Like

I agree. If pro players really believed that, Blizzard may really make a change, but all of these people who keep saying “the pros want her nerfed” never actually post any videos or links to back up their claims, then 2 weeks ago I randomly stumbled upon an OWL video where the commentators were interviewing the players and the question was which hero would you want nerfed? 6 said Tracer, 6 said Mercy, and a number of others chose other heroes.

If this is what people are referring to when they say “even the pros want her nerfed”, I would just remind them that Overwatch caters to millions of players, not just 6. And if you want more concrete evidence of Tracer’s actual state in the game, rather than just referencing the opinions of 6 players in OWL, how about we actually look at Tracer’s stats today?

She only appears in the top 10 most played heroes from diamond and up. In terms of pick rate she is 13th and in terms of win rate she is 18th.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Yes she is the second most popular hero in GM, in the hands of players who have spent years trying to perfect their craft. THAT does not justify a nerf. A nerf is justified when you prove a hero is OP in all tiers, off the bat, from spawn, and is dominating the game.

The statistics completely prove otherwise and clearly show that the more time you spend playing Tracer, the more efficient you will become. Nowhere do the numbers display an OP designed hero that is destroying players across all seven tiers.

tracer nerf threads never mention the numbers and it’s completely transparent why. Because they don’t support a nerf.

Until anyone can prove with actual recorded DATA and facts that Tracer is OP, I will continue my philosophy of Pro-counterplay, Anti-nerf when it comes to Tracer.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before and ill say it again. Statistic information doesn’t prove anything, it shows tendencies, and yes statistical information is important and should be considered, but it’s not proof of anything one way or another. If we were to take statistics by heart then we would arrive at the conclusion that the game is extremely unbalanced as that is literally what the numbers show across all ranks. Lots of heroes would be buffed or nerfed that in practice we know or assume they don’t need to. So again, statistics are important yet, they are not proof or evidence of anything definitive.

EDIT:

If it were 10 or 15 or 20 or 30 professional players, people would still find a way to argue against it, like the usual “but… we cant balance around the top 1%” or “but… we can’t balance just around that level of skill” And like i have said before and ill say it again, it’s not just the pros, don’t you see the huge number of people in the forums that have voiced their opinions on how this character is overpowered? Just in this thread 500 people agreed, is that just nothing? are you just going to dismiss all those people and say that they need to git gud or something? That is just too much. I do understand that there is also people defending her, but just as much people are in favor of a nerf, and no other character even comes close to this level of debate, so there is definitely something there, that cannot be denied.

You keep saying this V, but you don’t say what actually is important then? If the stats of every day kills and deaths and actual hero efficacy “doesn’t prove anything”, then what does? I’m genuinely curious to know since you’re always dismissive of the numbers.

1 Like

I am not dismissive of the numbers stop seeing things in black and white. I just said that numbers matter, read the post instead of assuming my opinion. My argument is that numbers aren’t proof of anything one way or another, not for your argument and not for mine either, this game is complicated beyond statistical analysis and whether some people want to accept it or not, the opinions of the people playing the game and their sense of how it works and what feels fair or not does matter.

Understand that is not just one thing, is a number of things, the opinion of people cannot be simply dismissed because the other side of the argument doesn’t like it or don’t want to accept it. There is absolutely no way in that this situation can be proven in one way or another because is higly subjective, all we are doing is expressig our opinions. In the end Blizzard will have the final say because it’s their game, but we as players can tell them what we feel and we are doing exactly that, and our opinions are as valid as those who say she is balanced.

You didn’t answer the question though. What else is more important than the daily numbers of kills and deaths gathered from all 7 tiers? Yes I know ultimately Blizzard will have the say, but I’m asking you personally. You say there’s other things more important than Tracers statistics, what are those things? Genuine Q.

If we seek nerfs for any hero, shouldn’t we have some form of proof to back it up? Anything? Other than just saying we want nerfs? I find this a little strange to digest.

:thinking:

I just did, but as usual you see what you want to see my friend, i don’t blame you, but there is not much i can do for you, i literally, just answered that question, i have no clue what else do you need, if you won’t accept my answer or can’t understand it, or just plain disagree with it that is on you, i cannot do anything more than that i’m sorry. Not even trying to be negative as i find you one of the most reasonable people on that side of the argument.

EDIT: I hate that i cannot answer twice, stop writing until i answer rofl :P.

You think that because you assume that numbers are proof of anything but they arent, that is my argument which you are free to disagree with but that is not my fault. Like i already said, numbers are not proof and the balance actions that have happend in game by Blizzard themselves do not concern themselvels on numbers alone, if that were the case a lot of the things Blizzard has done to balance the game would not make any sense whatsoever. And like i also already said, the numbers point towards things in theory that in practice we know are not exactly like that or even remotely like that, so numbers are not proof or evidence of anything.

Likewise, I respect your opinions, I mean that :slightly_smiling_face: I just won’t budge on Tracer until I see her actually acting like an OP hero across the entire game. Saying she’s better and more popular in GM just tells me that if I spend a couple years playing Tracer, I’m going to become an absolute menace. Does that mean she should be nerfed just because those who spend time on her become good at her? i don’t think so.

If she was truly OP, her numbers in Masters and below would also reflect GM. The stats show she only gets better with more playtime. If we nerf players going by that formula, it will be a constant game of nerfing the next most popular GM DPS hero, over and over and over. What’s wrong with having just a few really high skilled DPS hero that do actually take years to perfect, and even then it’s not perfect and there’s room for improvement. That’s a bad formula to go with imho, and is why i always invite more counterplay and not just nerf after nerf.

:joy::smiling_imp::joy:

Well, i guess the “problem” is just that we see things differently, and that’s ok i realize that, but coming to an understanding is going to be hard, or next to impossible because of that, at least we can respect each other.

The thing is that, that statement is debatable. You assume that is a fact, and that the numbers tell the whole story but they dont, in MY OPINION, both are valid i guess. It just doesn’t make any sense to me that so many people from almost all levels of play voice their opinions about this particular character, and no, its nothing new, it has been this way since the start, i literally had to find post from the very first pages of the forums in another thread to prove that and i did. The numbers don’t tell the whole truth, im sorry they really dont i don’t believe that for a second and it just doesn’t make any sense to me.

I went from gold to plat to diamond in my main account and all the way up there i found Tracer to be an absoulte nightmare to deal with and the only hero that i shiver in fear when i meet her as i know she is going to wreck my team, as well as glad to have her in mine and wrecking the enmy team ha!. I tried everything, tried learning how to deal with her, how to counter her, i literally got gud, i reached diamond for christ sake, and i still feel that Tracer is a nightmare to deal with all the way. And she is the ONLY ONE, the only one of the whole roster that i feel this way towards, i learned to deal with others, i accepted the fact that i could deal with them somehow, and if i improved i could do something about them, even Genji who is also debated a lot, but Tracer? No, she is just too much i’m sorry.

1 Like