For everyone saying Moira does tickle dmg

You can think this but the devs don’t…

Straight from the community manager meaning the dev team obviously recognizes this as well. So we can all stop pretending Moira is no dps threat.

14 Likes

I mean…it says nothing about the damage itself…

53 Likes

Moira’s weapon is good, her damage is still only 10 more than one Symmetra turret.

11 Likes

Pretty much this. It is tickle damage, but it comes with a healing component and doesn’t require a ton of mechanical skill to use.

4 Likes

I don’t know what other inference you can make about what’s in the mind of the devs when they say the damage is “especially powerful” from it’s ease of use and then they experiment with trying to lower it to 40 dps.

40hps means it will take at least 5 seconds to kill a 200hp hero, 10 for a 400hp and so on. Longer vs target with armor or any form of healing. That is with 100% accuracy btw, never breaking the beam.

That is a LONG time in OW to stay alive. Symetra struggles to live with a 180dps beam, yet some how they think 40hps is good.

2 Likes

Moira is threatening.

It’s just that there’s other things that are more threatening

5 Likes

The problem is people only look at the dmg and ignore the rest of her kit.

3 Likes

Somehow the OP read “easy to use” as “a lot of damage”.

29 Likes

Its ‘powerful’ because of the self heal and it being easy to use, not the damage itself

5 Likes

Yes and that’s what molly brought attention to. Looking at just one aspect of a hero’s kit gives an incomplete picture. It’s like looking at Zarya base dmg and concluding that she isn’t that strong.

1 Like

The rest of her kit is just healing and nobody ignores that

I mean, the damage itself is tickle damage…

It just has other parts to it

2 Likes

No they don’t. People say Moira vaporizes them, but it takes her 4 seconds to kill a full hp dps. People say she’s a good flanker, but a Symmetra can just move two turrets into the enemy backline.

Her weapon has redeeming qualities despite its low dps, but at best she’s still basically a worse Torb turret, and nobody complains about that.

3 Likes

Everyone who says she only does 50 dps and you should clearly beat her with one hand tied behind you back is obviously ignoring the rest of her kit.

And so the devs are thinking of lowering it. Maybe in their eyes it isn’t “tickle damage” when it can secure kills on tricky targets. Soldier is tickling you when he misses 3 out of 5 shots, but no one calls his damage tickle. I think calling things tickle damage is dismissive of perhaps a real problem with consistent damage that can secure kills with focus fire or lack of healing. I don’t think Moira needs a dps nerf mind you, but I think her damage is stronger than people think.

1 Like

I’m not even asking for a dps nerf either. I just get triggered when people say she is no dmg threat.

1 Like

That is still true. She gives you 4 seconds to flee or kill her which is 2x the average ttk in this game. if you can’t that is your misplay.

3 Likes

She’s more like an area denial hero than an actual “threat”; low consistent damage, AoE damage.

She’s basically a turret.

2 Likes

Moira comes off as her damage is power because of her range and no need to reload. Moira is very good at cleaning up kills which is the biggest reason why she feels like her damage is powerful. Since damage creep is so high of course after taking one shot for somebody else makings the 50 dmg a second looks really good.

1 Like