Follow us into the shadows—Overwatch 2 Halloween Terror is back!

By the amount of times they reiterated “Watch your favorite streamer to receive a new skin” makes me think that the rest of the skins need to be purchased.

Blizzard, even you know how scummy you’re being. You won’t even announce other new skins for this event! I used to look forward to OW events. Now I’m forced to hold my wallet tightly around you.

15 Likes

Yes, because all the other ones need to be purchased. They are purposely omitting those because even they know it’s disgusting.

7 Likes

Not sure how to respond to this… But, I’ll take the bait.

Here’s how people are paid:
A company makes profit
A company subtracts the expense from that profit (i.e., “net”)
A company determines how much to pay an employee based on (but not limited to):
Net profit
Expenses
In other words, the revenue coming in from the store is used to pay employees (i.e., via revenue the company makes).
Employees with tenure beyond the “production” phase need to be paid with something and that “thing” is revenue (i.e., the store + other stuff).

2 Likes

Called it, weekly challenge skins are no more. Though i was expecting them to keep it for the shop, not scrap them altogheter.

13 Likes

The skin wasn’t even new. I have Werewolf Winston skin (and the spray) in my collection. So technically, i got nothing from watching those streamers.

25 Likes

Please please please please please please let the Kiriko skin be 10€… I refuse to buy a skin for 20€, but I want it so bad…

4 Likes

Does anyone actually watch Streamers, I usually put a stream on and switch to a different tab.

11 Likes

i read about this reaper skin but what skin is it and how do we get it?

2 Likes

I don’t do it at all. Not giving them any money by having them run ads during those AFK hours. It’s all a scam for Blizzard to get free advertising for their game and make rich streamers even richer in the process.

3 Likes

So two new paid skins, a free reaper skins. Got it…

I’m glad that all of the “free stuff” is the stuff that the team was asked to do during their lunch breaks.

Does anyone honestly care about sprays? I like the “cute” and “pixel” sprays, but that’s it.

12 Likes

Ultimately yes, the success of the shop will eventually translate to wages, but even if the shop fails, Blizzard couldn’t get away with not paying its employees, especially after the work is done.

It’s not like they’re a small business.

6 Likes

i’m gonna give you something scarier than anything in this event.
Behold: blizzard patents for overwatch and overwatch 2

US20200114268A1 - matchmaking and handicapping teams.
US20160001186A1 - Rigging players, teams, ladders.
US10857468B2 - Dynamic difficulty adjustment i.e. hitreg/aimassist.
US20190091581A1 - rigging featuring Overwatch (abandoned).
US20160001182A1 - hidden match scores.
US10561945B2 -teamplay and “player likeability” featuring Overwatch.
US9789406B2 - micro-transactions and pay2win.

6 Likes

Sigh I’m a weak man, I will probably buy that JQ skin…

1 Like

Exactly right. It’s what “layoffs” are for. Without revenue, there is no money left for a workforce. Therefore, the workforce is let go. If the shop does not produce enough revenue to keep people employed, they will be fired. It’s a fact of business.

“Unlock even more spooky rewards during Halloween Terror by watching your favorite streamers on Twitch!”

Well, it appears they changed the wording.

3 Likes

They would still make a ton of money if they included more things in the battle pass and or lowered the price of skins.

Everyone has a threshold that they’re willing to spend. For some people that threshold is $0. For others it’s $10 for some it could be $100.

I am personally much less likely to purchase a single for more than $15.

3 Likes

Speak with your Wallet. Don’t cave, hold firm.

6 Likes

It’d be cool if you could unlock all the old skins in some way for the halloween event and make the new stuff cash shop. Then next year, be able to purchase this year’s new stuff with ow coins next year and the year after, make this year’s skins earnable by just playing the event.

4 Likes

You are right and I’m even sadder.

3 Likes

tbh the junkerqueen skin looks so ugly i would not even call it a skin but a big shame. idk what they are even doing here with that hero. completely disaster.

but i agree in general with you… i expected like 100 new skins to milk the playerbase… but i guess i have been very naive, they didnt even make any efforts with the skins.

1 Like