Flats top 500 tank main balance changes

i was taking it seriously at first, but by dva changes i think these are meant to be jokes

2 Likes

Thats what 80% of the community comes down to lol

Apparently tho he was just spitballing individual random ideas he could think of

He didnt actually make a patch

1 Like

Do we have a source like an actual clip? Also

Probably

I mean the OP is being slightly dishonest here. To quote him because I now have the stream on in the background while I work "Team 4 have given us a unique opportunity to suggest ideas that could be interesting and worth testing for Tanks. Things that might be fun to test and try out and see if they can be balanced. "

Also added at the end literally just now “No one said they are for OW1 and no one said they are for OW2, these are just a set of potential ideas with the only caveat being no new animations because those would be hard to test.”

i hope they are because no sane person would propose what he did for orisa.
Sigma is the one that should get his shield removed if anything (tho i’d settle for half the size and less hp), while orisa gets some much needed buffs

He is building it right now so no and will probably make a video out of it later. The best I can understand is he is pitching a collection of possible ideas that could all be tried out as potential changes (with an invitation to do so from Team 4) and not a “these are all the changes that should go into tanks” which is the standard forum balance patch.

Yea figured out as much. I still wouldn’t advocate for ideas like removing Orisa’s shield, because she’s not exactly the most mobile tank or the most durable, no matter if she gets free mobility.

Most of these changes are essentially just his and emongg duo tank experiences and nothing outside of that. “We want to play dva and rein, not sigma and orisa, so we propose changes that reflect that.”

And none of these are again, very deeply thought out of. Just throwing darts around.

Well if it’s for fun, orisas shield shouldn’t be removed

And this is the 2nd big proof (the first one was their precious OWL experimental), that they should never allow people who plays the game for a living, make balance changes.

2 Likes

I mean its a neat solution to double shield: lets just not have Orisa have a shield and buff her accordingly. Could Orisa work without a shield? I have no idea but it is certainly an interesting one.

I’d rather it be the complete reverse. Remove sigma’s shield and let orisa keep hers and let it be strong like it was before 2019. In fact what she really needs is shield buff and fortify/halt nerf. Sigma needs a rework

3 Likes

Having the shield to function as a range blocking tool is basically foundational to his kit. As odd as it sounds you can remove Orisa’s shield and it would not require that many changes to her to make her work compared to Sigma. They are also never going to bring shields back to how they were because barrier wars were the thing people overwhelmingly hated and got negative feedback on.

In general, people want to damage players and not shields.

im pretty sure hes joking LOL

Is this a new trend?

This is intended as a question, not by any means or forms a harrassment.

2 Likes

A bunch of nonsense changes just to try to hide the complete Rein buff in. Most biased changes posted so far this year I think. Most of them are pretty dumb.

4 Likes

He is just samito lite, just doesn’t loose it as much as samito.

But both of them should be kept out of creator discord.

6 Likes

EDIT: Found it. Around the 1hr 50 minute mark.

So, Flats says that Team 4 (the OW) team said he could throw ideas for crazy changes, whether that’s numbers or what - doesn’t matter. Can’t be anything that needs to be animated or re-animated, like giving Sigma a 3rd orb for his primary.
They have not said (or he isn’t allowed to say) for OW1 or for OW2.
It also is something that, in his words, should be taken with a grain of salt.
I’ll provide the clip to him saying this when I’m done.

EDIT 2: Still working, but someone replied to me.

I think he will have a video on it tomorrow but effectively what it is, is him going “Team 4 asked us to, with the help of our communities, put together some ideas for (in my case) Tanks. So here are some idea that could be worth testing out for Tanks.” I think he also mentioned coming back to it tomorrow.

Its a set of ideas, some of which are redundant obviously as they are different approaches to the same goal, but not meant to be one balance patch.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the way OP worded this was kinda disingenuous though not intentionally. It seems to me like this is a case of “one or some” changes being investigated, per Tank. Not “Give me everything you want to happen to each Tank”.

This doesn’t seem to be a list of “Do every single bullet point for every Tank”.
I presume that this is being done in the first place because of the massive outcry from the tiny percentage of the playerbase that actually understands the game seeing how OW2 Tanks were treated, as has been addressed on these forums as-well by AndyB.
As much as I’d love to be lumped in with them, I’m barely GM so none of that from me here.

Hmm, so basically a list of possible changes that may or may not be tested. Not all at once, a set of several changes at a time.

Still, they were given an opportunity to test “things that might be fun”. I don’t see fun in removing Orisa’s shield, trashing her Fortify, nerfing the only fun ability in Sigma’s kit (his shield) and giga-buffing Rein with no real nerf proposals (especially that “immune to stuns while shielding”, like cool, shield up and face away from the enemy team, enemy Rein can’t ult your team) while giving absolutely no changes to Zarya, Hog and Ball.

I really hope Team 4 didn’t mean it as a serious “consulting” session, rather a reality check if they should still listen to pros when it comes to balancing. Seriously, no changes to 3/8 tanks and a Santa wish-list for two of them, they have got to be kidding.

1 Like