Flats - The worst OW2 Dev Update Ever

Devs are trash. Welcome to mirror comp watch for all eternity.

2 Likes

Content creator being unhappy. Never seen that before. It’s almost like it, tier lists, reaction videos and guides are what pay their bills.

I liked the dev blog cuz they’re communicating and using statistics. Far better than the feels based outrage balancing of old.

10 Likes

Is he done with the shilling or?

5 Likes

Oh yeah? Cause forumers before were saying content creators are always positive about the game and never criticize it because they need people to like it for job stability so which is it? Seems like you guys just make up stupid crap to fit your agenda.

Yeah they’re using statistics and then saying “even though we know these heroes are op we’re not gonna do anything about it till season 2”. Also how did those statistics work out for the OWL when everyone ran nothing but JOATS? These guys do not understand what their statistics mean. Stop simping for blizz.

7 Likes

I’ll let you in on the secret, not everyone on the forum is the same person. People frequently disagree here. That’s kind of the point.

I hated the old balancing and they didn’t share their data or why they decided to do stuff. That’s why I like this dev blog. OW1 it seemed every patch just made sure tank and support heavy comps were played and DPS was an afterthought.

1 Like

avg forum user when someone disagrees in the slightest

5 Likes

Yes they did, under every change they listed why they decided to do that. The only thing they didn’t share with you was win/pick rates but guess what? That data was already available to you at overbuff. Guess what else? That information is now hidden from you. Hmmm I wonder why.

1 Like

There you go, a neck beard YouTube guy sad it.

Case closed,.

3 Likes

You know it’s bad when not even flats is willing to shill for it

12 Likes

you mean shilling I think

1 Like

It’s Flats, who cares. Boosted rein main by Emon that has a bigger ego than all top500 combined.

4 Likes

In this Dev blot they are hiding behind vague statistics.The only thing they stated that was meaning full is that they want every character to have a win rate between 45% and 55%. The problem with that is that window of 10% means the worst characters can lose ~22% more games than the good characters and Blizz will see everything as working as intended.

In a previous Dev blog they went into a more in-depth discussion of the statistics about tanks and what led to the Junker Queen nerfs. They showed the average number of deaths for the team members of each tank. Despite not having any active mitigation abilities JQ’s teammates died the least of any other tanks’ by a wide margin. This led them to examine the strength of her Shout and noticed it was too strong due to its duration, amount of health given, and its short cooldown. They nerfed the ability as a result, quite possibly too much or she at least needs some compensation buffs elsewhere in her kit, but that is a debate for another thread.

The above JQ situation is a great example of how stats should be used in balancing. Blizz did nothing of the sort in this Dev blog. They were vague on most things and gave “we’ll keep an eye on it” platitudes. The things they pointed as needing to be monitored to weren’t even the most pressing issues for balance in the game. That is the disturbing part. It is like they don’t even realize what is going on in their game.

1 Like

Yeah, if anything forumers are the stereotypical complainers. With content creators actually having the more balanced distribution of fans and critics.

I feel him on the Map pool stuff

At least it’s not hero pools though lol

Overbuff data and in house data won’t be as accurate. It’s also not possible to do things like remove mirror match information the way the gathered it. Reasoning and data aren’t the same thing. You’re literally missing the entire point.

at least it’s not the “make fun of bronze players” meta.
remember how cringe that was?
shoulda been cancelled and unpartnered for it.

2 Likes

as a former bronze player i dont mind that he goes off on the tunnel vision support players that kept me in bronze for so long

content creators are pretty much all giga shills flats included. only real exception I can think of is stylosa. But even these shills wont react well to things that are impossible to spin around in a positive manner (well except for maybe YourOverwatch who’s probably a Blizzard marketing employee omegalul). For ex, almost no content creator directly announced their support of locking heroes behind the battlepass and most expressed some negative opinions on that. knowing when it’s futile to side with blizzard doesn’t make them any less of a shill.

3 Likes

I think they put up a twitter post for balance changes mid season after backlash from that blog post?

Mid season meh. There should be be frequent balance tweaks to the game. It seems Blizzard lacks the expertise to handle it