Flats on 5V5 (trust me he's speaking the truth)

Yeah, cause they hear streamers complain about unbalanced stuff.

1 Like

I’m out, I’m not in the mood to talk to another conspiracist

Yeah I don’t think people realize how certain abilities will destroy tanks in an environment where only 1 is possible. Can you imagine wrecking ball EVER being meta in an environment where either dps can go Sombra and immediately negate him completely? It just won’t be feasible for either to exist, it will require drastic changes from one or both. Heck how would you even play Dva into Sombra? It just won’t work.

1 Like

Watching the AMA now. A lot of the things they say will be great about new maps are things that I think most people don’t want. For example, one map they say there is a long uphill - longer than anything they did before - and the great feature is that it is completely open with great sightlines! Who wants that in a map? That’s the reason so many people don’t like Havana - sniper heaven. And Blizz thinks this is a good thing. Oh, and they are removing 1 tank so less shielding against said snipers. Wow that sounds like real fun…

Rio looks like a flying hero paradise as it is like King’s Row except it has plenty of flat roofs for them to land on rather than KR which forces them to the ground or is more tricky because the buildings can’t be used for landing.

There were a number of comments about “this is a great feature of the map” which scared me as they will be beneficial for specific types of gameplay - snipers, pharmercy, etc. which are generally disliked.

I don’t think 1 tank is the only problem they are introducing with OW2.

2 Likes

It’s not just that – the current crop of OW2 apologists and Blizzard boot-lickers want supports to play death-matches against the enemy team. Any conversation about lack of peels from off-tank is typically shunted to the side, baselessly claiming preferences which are dps-centric (there are even illogical claims like the tank role is 5% of the playerbase at one point). It relies on their intuitive faith that everyone wants to play dps, which I just fundamentally disagree with.

Totally agree with you – trying to argue with facts and being countered with false claims and subjective preferences feels a lot like arguing morals against a bigot.

3 Likes

its flat’s the guy who leeches off emongg?

2 Likes

Most people do want to play DPS.

But then having 3 roles stops making any sense - why would someone want to do DPS stuff + extra stuff they do not like to do, when they can just do DPS stuff?

‘Most people do want to play DPS’

We are going round in circles so we will have to agree to disagree.

‘But then having 3 roles stops making any sense - why would someone want to do DPS stuff + extra stuff they do not like to do, when they can just do DPS stuff?’

If people just want to play DPS, that is fine and they will always be able to do that in OW. All people are asking for is their role, in this game a tank, not to be deleted from both OW2 and current OW1. It’s a straightforward concept. If people only want to play pure, generic, FPS games with no tanks and supports, there are 100s of other games on the market that might fit their preferences better.

Also, by deleting the 2nd tank, there will be reworks across the board for dps, stuns, supports etc. OW2 is shaping up to be a very different game from what we are currently playing which is fine, but they should give people the option to continue playing OW1 if they want to.

1 Like

It probably will be deleted. It just doesn’t fit properly into FPS.

Every game that is competitive has a “best” anything. There will always be an optimal strategy.

1 Like

So if we accept that the tank doesn’t fit properly into FPS, can we agree that both tank roles should be deleted? Or more accurately, they should be renamed ‘brawlers’ and moved into the dps category?

Also, how do supports fit properly into a FPS? How can anyone be running around resurrecting or healing players? Shouldn’t they be moved into the dps category too?

Furthermore, how can heroes have unique abilities and game changing ‘ultimates’, almost god like powers at the push of the button that single-handedly win team fights. Shouldn’t that all be removed and normalised too?

In the end, can we agree that what is being aimed for here is everyone have access to the same abilities and weapons that are ideally bought from a shop at the start of a game with money earned from if the last round was won or lost? I suppose it’s fine that we still call this game OW though as there will be unique map designs, colours and skins of all these different characters I guess?

Easy, since we already got games like Battlefield - they do not have role of a tank, but they do have role of a medic.

Even TF2, that was inspiration for Overwatch, doesn’t have role of tank.

1 Like

Sure but how does resurrecting people from the dead fit with a FPS? Sure you can ‘revive’ players but not resurrect them from death? It has to be removed to make sense with the other changes no? Also, how can supports fly around in the sky like an angel above the battlefield healing people too?

I think if we are consistent, this all has to be removed and normalised?

It’s how revival usually is implemented, to prevent enemies from quickly finishing off incapacitated players. And they need mobility, if you want players to fight everywhere, or game becomes a lot slower with players sticking to covers, since them dying anywhere else means no revival.

So I just noticed this today.

Again, this is a false argument, because you are trying to equate “this specific person won’t be hurt” with “nobody will ever be hurt”. The two are not the same.

If you erase a job position, then SOMEONE will be out of a job. Again, it may not be the current person IN the position, but it will be someone.

This is one crazy strawman. Eliminating a job is a preventable action. Stopping the inevitable extinction of humanity, whether from a natural disaster, the sun going supernova, or the heat death of the universe is not preventable.

These two arguments don’t even remotely resemble each other.

You didnt got my argument, I said someday this job will get eliminated for sure regardless what happens, so it is not preventable, you can only delay it

Since it will happen anyway, it doesnt matter that much when it happens and more how it happens and to enable everyone effected has a way to make a plan B. Also dont forget that all players in OWL are quite secure after retiring

Acording to your logic we should make Overwatch 10vs10 so we create a lot of new jobs! You should not limit the game developers attempts to make the game better because of jobs, if the game is not sucessfull everyone loses his job in OWL. The developers should focus on 1 thing: Make the game as good as possible. If the game doesnt improve way more people lose their job

For as little audience as possible?

2 options imho

Make the game easier to be played with structure for bad players.

5v5

Or assisst the 80% of garbage players like myself to play within a team like the good players do.

Fix the game or more like, fix the mind of most players

I wonder who believes 2nd is even a option…

As long as supporting relies on player already being good, we can forget about forming structures.

Idk man i think we should listen to the tanks who know what they’re doing aka people who carry this game on their back instead of being like “booboo me dont like shooting shield :(”