Flashpoint is the worst game I've played in Overwatch

And let’s not forget those moments when you start walking to the point, and by the time u get there your entire team is dead. So you gotta stay on cover and wait for them to return, while the enemy team is on point chilling and emoting. There are so many blind times when we are either staying on point and waiting, or walking tot the point that this game it’s just… boring af.

I really hope they won’t put this in comp.

2 Likes

I want to know why the spawn rooms are so big, and why when you respawn they put you at the BACK of the room lol

“So how about we take king of the hill, but COPY paste the hills?!! GENIUS”. Yeah anyone that didn’t see this coming I feel sorry for you…not really.

After the spawn point is changed there is a mark on the map with the new spawn. The problem is that this maps are so cluttered with stuff that most of the players don’t see the mark. Not to mention the new point. Every time I have to ping it so my team knows that I am going there. The funniest thing is that most of the fights happen when the point changes so almost every time, 2 or 3 of my teammates continue to fight on the last point, while the rest of the team walks to the next one. It’s clear that 2 players can’t hold a point. I really believe this game is not suitable for 5 vs 5.

The game mode is fun. The maps are just terrible.

You’re not taking advantage of the open space. You don’t have to run straight to point. You can entirely flank the enemy team from any direction anywhere on the map

1 Like

I kind of like this new game mode.
But it is very obvious that ppl need to get a different mindset on these maps. Until then it will most likely be very frustrating for many.

1 Like

My biggest issue is match length. Having to play between 3-5 rounds takes way too long. Just reduce victory requirement to 2 rounds instead of 3 for unranked, so matches end in 2-3 rounds.

It took what I hate about push (match length) and made it worse. 13 minutes in one match feels absolutely terrible, but that is exactly what you get with this new mode if you can’t get a shutout victory.

1 Like

all it needs is some QoL changes honestly, if you wanna keep the spawn points then at least either do one of these

• as time goes on, reduce the spawn time of teams from 10 seconds to whatever amount
  • when respawning, gain a 12% movement speed buff for 3 seconds

just one of those:

CTF should be in comp. its fun and would be better in comp

Blizzard is an indie company, they’re known for making walking simulators.

4 Likes

just had my first flashpoint experience in comp…
i never play quickplay so that was my first time

i dont like it at all.

2 Likes

i find it ironic that there are enough maps between push and flashpoint to duplicate the number of assault maps we lost (2cp)

so we lost 5 maps and gained 5 now?..

wish 2cp was back in the rotation… yea even paris and lunar

2 Likes

It really is the worst gamemode ever created, i love having to walk across the whole map just to get one shot the second i get to the point and repeating the process everytime.

4 Likes

That’s ok. 75% of the time a flashpoint map loads it causes my graphics card to crash but only for Overwatch. Then I get a report that says something g to the effect that Overwatch played at 600+ fps.

I rather play nothing but FP than ever go back to Paris, Lunar was at least tolerable but not Paris.

Hard agree. Hate the mode myself as well and leave whenever I see that’s what I’ve loaded into.

2 Likes

I hate the game mode, I like the map. I just don’t feel it works well for OW, nor this game mode.

1 Like

The mode has potential, but they constantly ignore the mobility disparity of the hero roster. If you’re playing a low mobility hero and the capture point is at ~67% or so when you spawn the point will be captured before you get back to it. That is really silly.

If your team is losing and you respawn as a low mobility hero… by the time you get to the point your team is down multiple people and then you get killed and have to do it all over…

Also, there are times when you will capture a point… and on the way to the next one you walk right by the enemy spawn point and if you’re playing the slow guy again you can get isolated and killed easily.

I feel the mode is largely garbage because they don’t really seem to care about the walking simulator issue for Push or Flash Point.

2 Likes

I feel like people stuck on the other side of the map at 100m+ are either doing something wrong or not realizing they’re likely having a point or team fight advantage. Usually in this situation there was a team fight and it won or secured the locked point. Then they need to move to the next that unlocked on the other side. The team who are likely to get there first are likely the ones who just died in the last fight because they respawned. Alternatively, players are staggering to fight stragglers instead of moving with the group. There are also environmental places we can jump off to go to spawn and save 5-10 seconds and with 20 seconds before the unlock there isn’t necessarily a need to rush and desperately fight the other team. It’s about knowing when and where to approach and hold points. Even if you get there first, there is no guarantee you’ll win the fight and secure it if the group huddles on the point and are down on ultimate economy.

Like to me this just means your team is likely messing up, pointlessly chasing and rushing and staggering themselves. I think it’s a skill to learn to assess when to get together and to back away from a fight. It doesn’t always have to be COD style of respawn rush in a line every time. It’s okay to give up some time and reposition to a safer location instead of exposing yourself to getting picked off, to approach as a group.

With push it’s more like recognizing when and where to stagger the bot. Some people just rush right to it and huddle all together. There are great angles at high ground or windows that people can stall on their own, and others don’t realize that only 1 person is needed to move the bot as it caps out on speed with 1 player. If people recognize or know from when and where they engage and not stress out on fighting over the bot and moving so much unnecessarily.

I really like it. There are lots of random fights around the map, which create a deeper macro game. Deciding whether to push the point or intercept the other team has never been a consideration before now. Balance shifts constantly, which I like.

The only downside is the leavers. You can be decidedly more “losing” in this game mode than in others, so people tend to leave as soon as they lose a point. Backfills seem less likely to stay for the same reason. That’s more of a player behavior problem than a game design one, though, and could be fixed by actual leaver penalties. We desperately need a re-queue timer after you leave a match. It would be the single most impactful change ever on match integrity.