Fixed in new patchnotes Sombra Casttime nerf is alot bigger

Man its so obv that you don’t think for a second about how this stuff works.

Sure doesn’t seem like it if you bring stuff up that I talked about there and in my posts and explaind in detail. But you bring it up anyway for somereason

You don’t understand that ping and audio delay makes no difference in the length of the casttime because both just set of sync but they don’t magicaly increase or decrease the lenght of the cast.

And I explained my start point quite clearly the first visual indicating frame of the ability.

It doesn’t matter if this is exaclty where I pressed the button because if I do it everywhere the same i can compare them to footage with the same timer but where I know the casttime’s and even if im a bit late the animation is garanteed to happen after or at the same time the casttime starts.

EMP’s casttime is 0.65s there is absolutly no evidance against it.
Now that we compared it to an ability (hack) that has confirmed the exact same casttime Ping and Audio/Visual problems can be ignored there absolutly irrelevent aslong as we have the same start and end point (Which we have) even if ping and audio would magicaly reduce or increase her casttime onscreen it would happen in both cases the exact same way so when the measured number is the same.

This is proove its almost impossible to argue against it other then saying it isn’t accurate which its the most accurate we can get without workshop but I guess we will see in 27 days.

2 Likes

oh there your coming from.
I never said that they do anything to cast time, u just said my calc is wrong and i said it isn’t. My point is that 0.18s was too strong, cause no human could possibly react to it, and that they advertised that as 0.5s shows that it could possibly be not the intention. The animation being broken could be a bug too, so the intent was to have it on 0.5 or 0.4s hack activation, and that would be totally fine. It would still be very hard to react too. What your reinhard example is concerend of: The thing is prediction, shatter is much easier to predict. A invisible girl using a ult is harder then rectangle man. You could actually test if dekloaking is the same :smiley:

That’d equal negative damage

Were you not here when the forums exploded because of this change? Where the whole forums was about “tRaCeR wIll bE oP”

1 Like

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST @SchWiniX :smiley:

hey, i just tried it myself, and something is really off with your hack, your video clearly shows something completly different then mine.
Mine: At the time she raises the hand to spread them out, the bot is already hacked.

Uploading video for it, i tried it multiple times, i have 9ms more ping then you. but 230fps or so. Can you acutally try to get more fps? SO that it could be that the animation is time depended? Cause the timing is so much off… Video is uploaded. But cant empty links.

youtu .be/MQLkhpod9HM

I think you and I have different definitions of what “exploded” means.

made another version of it, and its showing same result a bit clearer.

youtu .be/bMnrEbf-wJ0

so what you say now? Is your optical test really so reliable :smiley: it doesn’t look like, what i was trying to tell you all the time.

Well I tested it again a few times and it is really weird because I’m sometimes getting the same EMP as in my first clip and sometimes its the same as yours. Aka its inconstant for unknown reasons.

Btw FPS doesn’t matter for either of us because my software locks at 60fps
and either your cam or your screen will also lock at similar Fps limits.

Now it seems like they made another one of Sombra’s abilities inconsistent and buggy as heck so, for now, I’m gonna leave this here till workshop comes up.

You still owe me an apology :joy:, but as I said you don’t need the workshop to test it.

You need two pcs next to each other, and record when Button is pressed to emp and see when you got hacked on the other monitor, that’s all you need.

My monitor can handle 200fps :wink: don’t speak for others, but actually I meant the in game FPS on animation speed.

Well your screen will either lock at 144hrz like mine or 240hrz because thats the standards could be a special one but that would be weird.
Well you can will lock too but anyway.
Even if the animation speed would be clearer the recording would still only be at 60 fps the inbetween frames wouldn’t matter.
And we still need the workshop to test it for one its inconsistent right now for second the method woth 2 pc’s would only really work if you connect them together and set clear start and end position. Because without that your adding way to much human error which is the worst kind of error especially on such a small scale.

And till we can test it with the workshop im not gonna continue here.
And if im wrong im gonna admit it like I admitted it with the 0.2s but only if that is tested ingame with workshop.
And don’t get me wrong it could very well be wrong considering every casttime we know on ults is wrong.

See you in 27days i guess.

One last thing: the method with 2 pcs don’t need any real connection, you need a led bound to the key you assign ult to, you can change that. And then have this led show on the one screen and record it with 240fps. That’s actually the only reliable way of telling the real influence of such changes. You need todo this on old and new patch and then you do it like 5-10 times each and the average should be pretty accurate.

But you could help me filling in a bug report, or if you have time, test to see if it’s inconsistency is also on the enemy side. We can do that over internet :slight_smile:

You should check out my nerf window thread. It shows you just that a lot of people really don’t read replies that well.

Anyway good work.

If you think the forums being spammed with over half the “hot topics” filled with complaints about the brig nerf to be “no one batting an eye” then we have no more to discuss.

I hope they can get at least the patch notes right.

And TBH, if it’s 0,15s increase in activation time, why did they have to mess with the animation at all? Just leave the animation as it is at 0.5s and increase the activation time to 0,35s. It looks so dumb.

The direct Sombra nerfs are ridiculous and considering it’s blizzard I highly doubt they will change their minds about these changes before it hits live.

Your maths are wrong.
A 500% nerf is impossible,max is 100%.
It was a 90% nerf since 90% of 500 is 450.
500-450=50 …

Sombra has been extremely oppressive at higher ranks, I feel as a masters player where team coordination is much better, these nerfs are deserving to give some counter play. even as of now on the PTR, I don’t see sombra being stunned out of her ult because she can change her vertical and horizontal position as well as jump out of stealth. these 2 facts work together to make sombras amp one of the hardest lets to counter. I agree with this change for higher ranks

You are 110% correct. I feel -8% corrected.

That wasn’t the math but okay.

Sombra is incredibly oppressive and one of the most unfun heroes to play against. Hack lasted for far too long - shes long overdue for a nerf.

No she’s no incredibly oppressive. Y’all just saw what pro players could do with her ( which isn’t even that much since they play her like an EMP bot and that’s not the only way and honestly not even the RIGHT way if you ask me ) and started crying. There literally is NO WAY for her to be ever this prominent on ladder play because we plebs will not be able to reach that level. Stop deluding yourself. She has the worst winrate and is undoubtedly one of the worst heroes at the moment. But because she shines in OWL, suddenly she’s this oppressive monster.

Sure, being hacked isn’t fun. But so is being killed, headshot, swift striked, booped, pulled, hooked, punched, slept etc. Should we start nerfing everything that’s unfun to play against? Because then we might as well bury the game. Unfun to play against is one of the weakest arguments ever made.