Fix mercy bug already

When is the mercy bug finally gonna be fixed? The one that gives her an insane vertical leap every 2 seconds for free?

9 Likes

I dont think that is ever going to be fixed…

8 Likes

Except this mechanic raises Mercy’s skill ceiling and introduces a movement that gives both pro’s and con’s to using it. Sure, it gives you good vertical mobility without a team mate, but you’re easily susceptible to hit-scan DPS.

64 Likes

Oh it’s you, still crying about everything mercy related.

39 Likes

39 Likes

I have good news, it’s been confirmed as a “clever use of a mechanic” so it’s not nor has it ever been a bug!

I know this news will make you feel much better.

66 Likes

Customer support said they are okay with it They called it a clever trick. Also OWL has a tutorial on how to do it…

44 Likes

it was left alone as a skill check XD

It is really sad that a bug is being exploited by a great portion of the community, and blizz seems ok with it.

1 Like

You know what’s really sad? People still complaining about it despite it being a thing since 2018.

Maybe if everyone focused on how to aim better they wouldn’t have as much trouble countering it.

16 Likes

I don’t need to aim better. I can kill a squishy mercy who can only use shift+control to bug the game.
I just find it sad. Can I?
Each time I play mercy I wonder how ppl need it to survive. With my lonely neurone it gives me to play mercy and carry without the buggy jump. I just don’t like to exploit the game…

1 Like

Can Mercy mobs stop with this, please? Mercy is my most played hero and this “tech” is the easiest tech out there, it does nothing to Mercy’s skill ceiling.

2 Likes

Ever played in plat? No peels from dps, they have bad positioning (for some reason they all like to stand on the point, so if you want to fly away from flankers you’re flying straight into the fight, which is an easy death.

3 Likes

It’s not a bug. You have several hundred posts on here now, I’m sure by now you’ve come across plenty of posts explaining how Blizzard themselves don’t consider it a bug.

Anyway, why aren’t you complaining about actual Mercy bugs? Such as the bug that slings Mercy backwards instead of forwards (this has been in the game since launch and was never addressed).

7 Likes

Except it is a bug. Just because Blizzard accepted is as a feature later on doesn’t make it not a bug.

You know that superjump and the bug that you’re explaining here work exactly the same, right?

2 Likes

Sure, I can agree to that. However, Blizzard saying “it’s not a bug” makes it not a bug. So it’s not a bug.

It’s not going anywhere :slight_smile:

You’re wrong. Superjump is activated by crouching and using GA. Backwards GA requires no crouching.

5 Likes

So it’s no longer a bug, it’s now a technical flaw in design that’s accepted.

Yeah, no…

2 Likes

I am ok with blizz fixing every bug in game. I am not a mercy player so I am sorry I can’t enumerate all her issues.
I hardly think It is not a bug, to be honest, and even blizz saying that I doubt it. I know how to do it and when I do the buggy mercy jump I feel like I am exploiting the game. It remembers me to the superjump of genji… which was fixed years ago… Nowadays everyone crying about genji and the genji bugs are fixed fast, if they are an advantage. If you get bugged climbing is your problem, do it 2 meters to the left, It is your fault to climb in that spot loool

2 Likes

You’re not Blizzard staff, it’s not up to you to define gameplay mechanics.

It’s not a bug or a technical flaw. It’s described as a “clever use of a mechanical skill.”

“mechanical skill”

”MECHANICAL SKILL”

just so you don’t miss it.

7 Likes

AND backwards GA requires jumping. Whether you’re crouching or jumping, both takes have the same purpose, to position you in a certain way so you’re allowed to GA in a certain direction. You can’t call one a bug and not the other, it doesn’t make sense.

Nor are you. And if I remember correctly, the person you’re quoting works in customer support, who doesn’t participate in OW’s development. But I understand your excitement when there’s finally a person to call Mercy a character that requires mechanical skill, when that’s not the case at all.

3 Likes