Fix for FPS issue after patch-related to "spatial sound"

Windows Sonic works for me. I think the only one you can actually buy from the store is Dolby Atmos.

The fix work good, but I do not play with headphones, it sounds very bad in stereo. We need a good fix, we do not need that audio option, leave it as it was

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This unfortunately made no difference for me. I was averaging around 250 FPS before the patch, and now I average around 200. Game is obviously still playable, but sometimes I’ll have random matches at 60-90 FPS with low GPU utilization (indicated by idle-like temps) until I restart the application, which produces noticeable stuttering on my 144Hz monitor. Since I can’t reproduce this easily, it’s hard to troubleshoot. Specs: Windows 10, stock i5-8600k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM @ 3200MHz, installed on Samsung 970 EVO SSD.

This fixed my FPS problems. Thanks man! Hopefully Blizzard fixes this issue soon. I don’t want to switch between on/off constantly.

Uhh, How exactly is this supposed to be done? I enabled it, and literally nothing happened, The sound was better though lol

1 Like

All i have there is:

• Off
  • Windows Sonic For Headphones
  • Dolby Atmos For Headphones

no option for “ON” what should i choose?

Game even crashed for me after this update and my PC restarted lol only on OW they managed to break it big time.

How about instead of trying to ‘workaround’ the situation you forward this up to the devs and tell them to REMOVE the spatial audio patch. TONIGHT.

1 Like

Yeah, “Windows Sonic for Headphones” is the spatial sound option available for me. If it sounds weird in game, you can try the suggestion in the main post or use an equivalent program if you have an audio manager.

Turn that on, hit apply, then off. hit apply. It fixes the FPS until the next time you start overwatch. However, don’t stop posting. Get the devs attention. This is the kind of bug they should not be allowing to stand.

1 Like

Good!! I wanted to farm ranked tonight but i couldnt because fps issues. It’s was really anoying to play with the “lag” Didn’t want to make my team mates to hate cause lag spikes :frowning:

You saved my life man, thank you so much.

How can we bring more attention to this so the developers will fix it? Suggested fixes do not work for headphone users.

Windows Sonic is the Spatial Sound for headphones. My pc does not have speakers at all (obviously no “ON” button either), selecting Windows Sonic fixes the fps problem for me.

The suggested fix is unacceptable to headphone users and needs to be hotfixed

Seems like it was fixed just now!

This works for me as well! Thanks!

Only fixed the issue temporarily for me. Spatial Sound is enabled yet still no more than 20 frames when I should have 65 normally.

1 Like

It isn’t possible for me too enable spatial sound on windows itself, it does it on corsair software for me. do you think I just have to deal with the fps being low?

Same exact thing. 20-30 fps at most during gameplay, sometimes spikes up to 60 but quickly drops back down.