RTX 2080ti + 5Ghz CPU = VERY BAD FPS in new patch

I used to get constant 300fps at all times. Now even in Training it get 200fps max, in game it drops to 150fps sometimes.

I have a $1400 GPU and a CPU overclocked to the max, all other games perform perfrectly.

New patch is completely unplayable now on 240hz monitor.

4 Likes

If Win7 wait for Blizz to fix their code.
If Win10;
Start menu-> Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound-> Sound-> Right click your playback device-> Properties-> Spatial Sound. Turn it ON.
Launch Overwatch, your fps is back to normal. If the sounds bother you (they are really bad), you can turn Spatial’s off ingame. Your fps will stay normal.
However, you need to repeat this every time you launch Overwatch.

Original post of the fix; Fix for FPS issue after patch-related to "spatial sound" - #42 by zoloz469-2683

1 Like

I have no option for spatial sound because I have a custom Sound Card. the only option is OFF.

Then nothing you can but wait and hope Blizz fixes it. Logically they should soon, considering how many people have the issue. I’m having faith that it’ll be patched today. I feel you, I’m in a similar situation.

I’m having more sever problems. 100fps on all low settings @ 1080p. IM NOT TROLLING.

Hardware is all the same. 2080ti, 8086k, etc. Not sure what is going on right now. Maybe because I have it hooked into an elgato HD60Pro? Super annoying.

1 Like

yep confirmed I switched to onboard audio which has spatial audio option and it fixes the problem.

If not using RTX graphics cards, try if downgrading to Nvidia drivers 398.82 helps.

I have the same problem with my PC, except worse, I get only 30-100fps on my RTX 2080 paired with my core i7 9700k (5.1ghz) with 16gb ddr4 3300mhz memory, with my aorus z390 motherboard. I still get 300fps in the training range of I lower the settings, but same result regular play

Closing this thread as its from last year. If you’re running into performance issues please make a new thread and be sure to include a DxDiag report.