[deletedtopicplsremove]

I also noted I had to adjust my sensitivity because for reasons completely unknown to me my sens in OW2 does not cause the same movement as in OW1. It makes no sense but here we are.

2 Likes

This feature is off by default in OW1 as well.

I had it on and can’t remember switching it

It was a feature that was introduced several years after launch and they had a blog post even stating that it can increase CPU requirements by turning it on. It was definitely off by default, I am 110% sure.

1 Like

Well a lot people in beta had same issue with aim also they had this settings on in ow1 and off in ow2 as far as I know it helped same for me. I remember them implementing this but as I said I never turned it on.

This will not change how it “feels” to look around. Looking around will feel the same as it always has, since the final rendered view always took into account any and all raw input messages received from hardware prior to that frame.

Enabling this option does come with a small CPU cost overhead.

Well it definitely changes how it feels for me.

Could just be a placebo effect.

definitely not man. i’ve played for thousands of hours. we’ve all seen Keprhii’s highlight vids. he can aim and now he can’t aim at a single thing and I know exactly the feeling

1 Like

That was in reply to the comment chain above about the “Enable High Precision Mouse Input” setting. I’m not calling the general aiming issue everyone is having a placebo.

This a massive latecy issue, it comes into sharp focus when you use sym and mei primary fire.

There could be other settings issues, but the latency one is what I think most people are dealing with.

Turning off screen and camera shake in the accessibility settings made a noticeable difference for me

I feel like I’ve gotten noticeably worse at landing shots on Cassidy, however I can’t perceive any difference from OW1. It might just be because of 5v5 pacing changes, but I’ll try this as well.

Gonna try this later and see if it feels any different… It makes sense that it would, Ashe in OW1 felt notoriously odd to aim with because, even though her cross hair was fixed, her sight shakes around. It sometimes gives the impression of movement that you feel the need to incorrectly compensate for

1 Like

Don’t ignore the fact that there’s a new soundscape too, and a lot of heroes entirely new sound effects for shooting/landing shots

Your brain is trained on 6 years of certain sounds;

when you land/shoot shots but don’t hear old ones, brain thinks something is off or wrong

I ruled SFX out during beta by testing OW1 and OW2 on mute. The problem is definitely input latency or unintended mouse smoothing. The majority of my testing for OW2 retail is done in the training range and doesn’t actually require shooting, which helps eliminate design changes as a variable anyway.

Those who are affected can often feel the difference before walking out of spawn. It’s not actually an aim issue specifically; it’s that general movement and turning are total piss, but aim is where its effects are most pronounced.

1 Like

After testing this out ingame, ya, this is definitely something you need to disable. Screen shake moves your crosshair around by quite a bit - it’s not just cosmetic

Did a bit of testing with cassidy vs some bots to see how it impacts my crit rate:
2:30 mins with cam/hud shake on: 40% bodyshot, 45% headshot
2:30 mins with it off: 40% bodyshot, 65% headshot
ok, maybe it was just warmup
2:30 mins with it on again: 40% bodyshot, 55% headshot
2:30 mins with it off again: 40% bodyshot, 70% headshot

Man, there’s such a big list of anti-quality of life changes that were defaulted to “on” :weary:

4 Likes

you got roasted, damn

Yeah, get a PC. That will fix the issue and make you less annoying.

didn’t work for me :frowning: