[deletedtopicplsremove]

I ruled SFX out during beta by testing OW1 and OW2 on mute. The problem is definitely input latency or unintended mouse smoothing. The majority of my testing for OW2 retail is done in the training range and doesn’t actually require shooting, which helps eliminate design changes as a variable anyway.

Those who are affected can often feel the difference before walking out of spawn. It’s not actually an aim issue specifically; it’s that general movement and turning are total piss, but aim is where its effects are most pronounced.

1 Like

After testing this out ingame, ya, this is definitely something you need to disable. Screen shake moves your crosshair around by quite a bit - it’s not just cosmetic

Did a bit of testing with cassidy vs some bots to see how it impacts my crit rate:
2:30 mins with cam/hud shake on: 40% bodyshot, 45% headshot
2:30 mins with it off: 40% bodyshot, 65% headshot
ok, maybe it was just warmup
2:30 mins with it on again: 40% bodyshot, 55% headshot
2:30 mins with it off again: 40% bodyshot, 70% headshot

Man, there’s such a big list of anti-quality of life changes that were defaulted to “on” :weary:

4 Likes

you got roasted, damn

Yeah, get a PC. That will fix the issue and make you less annoying.

didn’t work for me :frowning:

Placebo doesn’t do anything.

By “turning off fsr”, you mean set AMD FSR to 0% right? So I’m supposed to toggle from Default to AMD FSR and set the slider to 0%?

I don’t know if it was from turning down the AMD FSR slider to 0% or turning down the smoothing slider to 0% in controller settings, but one of them fixed my mouse feeling in OW2.

The game still feels like there’s some sort of soft aim assist going on, even on mice. But the overall mouse feeling feels exactly like OW1 now or better even.

Another thing that helped was uncapping my frame rate to 300FPS. My monitor’s refresh rate is 240Hz, but setting the frame rate to Automatic makes my mouse feel less snappier/responsive.

I would go higher than 300FPS if I could, but I don’t want to cause too much inconsistency in my system latency because I think my FPS drops are pretty bad (can go down as low as 160FPS). I’ll eventually uncap to 400FPS once I upgrade my CPU from Ryzen 5 3600 to 5800X3D or 12700K.

1 Like

There isn’t an “off” option. There’s default or AMD FSR.