Fitzyhere’s interview on Sombra NERF

Also her translocator can be destoryed heard feom 20 m away and af brigt lights. It even tells the enemies when it is activating.
Another small thing is that she can contest while cloacked, she is also detected from twice as far away and have a speed boost reduction while cloacked from +75% to +50%.
I think many of these nerfs eill impact her playstyle quite a bit.

1 Like

I agree with him pretty much. Rid the changes on PTR except let her, and only her, destroy her locator when she wants with a cooldown. The reload stuff makes sense too.
Then fix the hack bugs!

2 Likes

We had this discussion a couple of days ago. Sombra does 160 DPS, Tracer does 240.

Tracer also has less spread meaning more rounds will hit.

They are not remotely similar.

1 Like

no, if I hit a headshot with McCree from 5 meters with McCree on ptr it still does 140 damage.

what you mean is their fall off is less drastic at range, which again, is a buff to range.

i think the destroyable translocator will only work if they make it easier. turning towards your translocator and pressing interact breaks the flow, she should hold e or something.

ah yes the same person who said they understood numbers yesterday, is now trying to disregard raw numbers. they are very similar, not the exact same, but the difference is not so much that I would say sombras primary is weak.

tracer has .1 less spread. and earlier fall off. its literally less than a fraction of an inch. a difference so negiligable you if I put the spreads side by side you wouldn’t be able to tell me whos is whos.

they are very similar. the numbers don’t lie.

160 vs 240 is pretty huge. That’s taking an entire hero back to spawn. It’s a pretty big difference. All in 1 second.

1 Like

I disagree with “don’t let anything on PTR go to live”

If there is ONE good thing from these changes i’d say being able to destroy the translocator is. Actually there isn’t anything wrong with the buffs they gave her, they just don’t address her issues and the nerfs make them obsolete.

I’d have no issue with infinite stealth if she could maintain 75% speed, could keep the detection range of 2m, and contest.

I think a core part of Sombra’s problem is that the hack is unreliable, she isn’t that useful in fights, and she can’t secure a kill.

1 Like

Tracer also have Blink to greatly mitigate the falloff and spread.

Again, 30% lower DPS. And most importantly in a game of securing kills, less burst is not similar.

1 Like

So more range to do more damage =/= more damage?..

I’m…I’m done. I can see why multiple people are arguing with you and I want no part in it anymore :slight_smile: Best of luck.

3 Likes

Including reload times, Sombra does 106.7 perfect accuracy DPS, compared to Tracer’s 120. (480/4.5 versus 240/2)

You’re right in the sense that it’s only a 12% difference in Tracer’s favor (rather than 33%), but the raw DPS values don’t take into account that it takes Sombra 3 full seconds to empty her clip, where Tracer has been able to fire two full clips into someone.

They deal the same overall damage, but one of them overwhelms a healer’s ability to save the victim, and the other doesn’t. Guess which one…

I don’t even understand the argument of “well Sombra can do more damage”

Okay well clearly not since Tracer is dishing out at least 2k more in every rank lmao

1 Like

sombra has 20 more rounds than tracer. and this doesn’t really account for the reload times. the issue here is the reload times, not the damage. to say her primary is weak is a façade, her reload is long. that’s the issue.

Well given that it’s straight up lie in any given metric, there’s nothing to understand other than that it’s straight up anti-Sombra bias. As with so many other myths said about her.

1 Like

she also has a slower fire rate than tracer

I never said tracer can do more damage, now YOU are lying and putting words in my mouth what I said was:

which is true there is only a 12% difference NOT A 33% difference like you are saying. you have more than doubled the gap.

no she doesn’t the links are literally right there they both fire 20 rounds per second.

she fires 20 rounds per second but has 2 guns dude. that’s 40 rounds per second in total.

Imagine having a character with a gun that does 106 DPS with 2,7° spread but doesn’t have to reload. By your calculations it’d be equal to Sombra and Tracer huh? LoL…

Tracer averages at 10.3k dmg and Sombra at 8.8k per match.