First time i've ever felt emotional about this game

Of all ‘emotional’ moments in overwatch history:

• "Recall” :x:
  • “Reunion” :x:
  • “The Last Bastion”:x:
  • “Honor and Glory” :x:

June 2nd Genji experimental patch notes: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:
:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

I honestly never thought it would happen. Yes we got the fire rate buff but that turned out to just raise genjis fan from a slightly pitiful ability to one with a reasonable level of competency. I had just accepted this was how Genji would be for the rest of the game after being thrown his last bone.
With burn in setting in hard, I felt my passion to play this game dwindle and begin to die alongside his viability, which dropped off an ocean-side cliff attached to a cargo ship sized anchor.

Then to my surprise the devs actually went and did it, they went and gave genji not only a buff, but a change to his playstyle that opens up more avenues and options that were one by one torn from through piling defensive resources hero upon each new hero release.

Thank you for listening guys, compared to other heroes from a vocal perspective, genji players are a minority. It’s hard to say anything with most support players suffering from flanker ptsd from a time before every role could consistently counter them so thanks for making controversial decision that benefit the game.

The patch notes in question: Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – June 2, 2020

2 Likes