First time buying a gaming headset. Suggestions? (THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE RESPONSES!)

I have an Onikuma headset I bought for like 25 dollars last Christmas on Amazon. It’s 5 star rated. It is handsdown the best headset I’ve ever owned. ITS 25 DOLLARS. Microphone works wonderful. It’s got soft cushions for your head ears and top. It’s got a rugged heavy cloth stitched wrapping around the cord so IT WILL NEVER BREAK. How rugged and durable is this headset? It’s been on my 18 wheeler for 8 months. How good is the sound? 6 months of directional tested PUBG footsteps.
What a headset.

It’s as if you are selling his headset, like you made it. Lol, I’ll check it out.

HyperX seems to be durable. I break headsets like they’re going out of style and I’ve had the one that I bought for over 9months. (I have literally never had a headset this long without something breaking and I’ve had a lot of headsets over the last few decades of gaming.)

The one thing I don’t know much about is the mic on it. How is the mic?

In your part of the world, NewEgg is probably the best for online shopping of electronics. You could try ebay although it can be a little dodgy sometimes. Look for sellers whose reputation is good.

On top of that, if you think that you would likely upgrade in a year or so, you could consider a second hand Cloud 2. Just buy replacement earpads due to hygiene reasons. The savings you can get off that can be put into your own rig or a next set of headphones.

Egg, i think that we are all glad to be of assistance. The forums can be a very dark and foreboding place full of pessimism and rants. I am just happy that you have not been affected by it.

This is interesting. Which headsets have you used and how do you typically handle them?

It is good for reference, no hidden agenda.

Thank you. In a year or so, I’m not just going to stop using the headset, I’m most likely goimg to give it to my brother, or use it myself. When we get another PC, I’m going to get another headset so I have my own.

Then maybe consider second hand because it is not likely to last and your brother may want to get his own shortly after you hand it down to him.

P.S. “Last” as in continued usage by you.

From what I’ve read online, the cloud 2s last for a surprisngly long time, at this price. A used headset is almost like a used underwear, almost. You can’t know for sure if it’s fully clean, and Ebay can be a dodgey place. I wouldn’t take the risk. My brother said he would use it until it broke, or something happened. He’s not really as hardcore of a gamer as I am.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

It’s fine. Has noise cancelling but will still pick up loud noises from around the room but my family members who have picked up sets since then too have to practically chew on the mic for me to hear breathing. Which could mean if you speak too quietly that you’ll have issues?

i totally agree with the hygiene part about headphones.
Hence, the change of ear pads and the mic sponge.

Yeah! If your brother is gonna be using it for ages, 1st hand is always the best.

Ok. Thanks for the response. I kinda also meant, is the mic good quality? Is your voice clear? Have you tested that?

I pick them up, put them on my head, take them off as Im leaving, they occasionally get dropped by my cat or dog or kid pulling them off the desk, and my chair will occasionally tangle with cord. This cord detaches in the middle, so I think that helps.

So basically normal daily usage and the headsets all still break?
Wow.
Which sets are those, will avoid.

Been gaming since forever (with headphones since late 90), so who knows. This is the first set to impress me on the durability and performance front.

The Cloud 2s?

Actually if wired sets are prone to breakage for you, perhaps wireless is the way to go. =)

Oh no, that’s a great way to get thrown, trust me.

i think i know what you mean. :rofl:

Yeah I’d realize AFTER my headset was shattered on the floor that the problem was just that the batteries had run out.

dude. i just spat out my coffee laughing…