Fine, Mercy is balanced

that’s an Oxymorons.

1 Like

But she is fun! At least as fun as she’s always been. If you don’t find Mercy fun, play a different hero. If you don’t enjoy her now, you’re never going to enjoy her play style.

3 Likes

There’s a point where doing that becomes instinctive… then what? What else is there to do?

I have played other heroes. It hasn’t made me any less uspset that the hero I used to have fun with isn’t fun anymore. The rework has crashed Mercy’s skill ceiling into her floor. Low skill ceilings are boring.

I mained Mercy prior to her rework. She’s an entirely different creature now.

15 Likes

Oh really? That’s a tall statement considering that I already have enjoyed her playstyle in the past.

9 Likes

I see that someone is taking quotes out of context.

Blizzard went and took a sledgehammer to something that only needed a little tape to fix. If your roof is leaking, you want the roof fixers to fix the leak. Not rip off your roof, replace it with something made out of straw and ignore your repeated calls trying to get them to fix what they wrecked.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think Mercy is just inherently boring. You wouldn’t suck the fun out of most heroes by changing their ults. If you gave Ana some other ult, even a lame one, she’d still be almost as fun to play. Same with Moira or Lucio. With Mercy changing the ult ruined the fun people were having, and I think the reason is her base playstyle really isn’t very fun.

Other healers have a lot more to do - Ana, Lucio, and Zenyatta are constantly shooting, Lucio also has his complex movement, and Moira has to constantly juggle attacking and healing. Most of them also have a lot of abilities to use. Brigitte has an aggressive playstyle that requires a lot of risk taking. With Mercy, there is an awful lot of unengaging beaming. Sure, you have to switch damage boost and heal, but that’s pretty easy to figure out (generally, if healing partner injured, heal, else damage boost). She has her movement, which is probably the high point of her design fun-wise, but that’s largely it. Without a big flashy ult to inject some color, Mercy mains are just starting to see the deficiencies inherent in her design, which are the reason everyone else has been calling her boring all along.

11 Likes

I don’t find her boring, but the forum community needs to make up their minds on if she’s balanced and not fun or underpowered. I hear one of these two or even both from the same people

6 Likes

What made pre-rework Mercy fun was the fact that she was a playmaker, constantly switching targets to save, and Guardian Angel. Now the rework took that away and the only thing that’s left is Guardian Angel due to how Valk kinda just removes anything she had pre-rework.

1 Like

You know what? I respect that you think she’s boring. I disagree, but I respect your opinion.

Personally, it took a long time to adjust to how she plays now. And yes. She definitley does play more aggressive now. But I think she’s fine where she is.

1 Like

Unless you are ulting, she’s basically the same as she used to be, except with another option (e-rez).

You use to have to swap between multiple targets, GA around the battlefield to hold your ground against enemies. Valk just kinda removes that and basically puts you in spectator mode, because you don’t even need ults to kill her allies through her healing beam at this point.

1 Like

That’s just the ult, though. You spend most of the match out of your ult.

Also, most things that would kill you through a 50 hp/s pocket would have also killed you through a 60 hp/s pocket.

2 Likes

Jugging is a must with Mercy now. since you cannot pocket a tank and sit back.

she is now a secondary healer to Ana and she needs to top off what ana is working on. Heal Dps and top off tanks while keeping the other healer alive. In my Elo it was a lot of work to keep everyone going even with an Ana

Played her on Eichenwilde QP on both attack and defense. On attack we made it through all 3 points. It was a chore to fly around healing while ana stayed back poke healing. Because I had to keep her alive too

On Defense we held the enemy to the first point, they never got a single tick.

While her healing went down for now it seems you need to do a lot more than before to get the same results

1 Like

Isn’t that a thing with all heroes?

2 Likes

I do not understand how it can be said that mercy is now balanced. This is also demonstrated by its negative win rate. From main support, it should be able to handle the damage suffered by the main tank, but with 50 hps it does not have it. Now it is an off support without ultimate defensive.
No nerf was needed, because mercy was favored by the meta of the double snipers.
It is neither funny nor useful.
EDIT: Furthermore, with whom do you synergize among the support? With zen now you can not, the tank risks too much. Perhaps with moira and ana, but as I said lacking ultimate defensive.

3 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree.

I’ll give you the answer a lot of Mercy mains respond to me with when I saw Valk is more fun than mass rez… “fun is subjective”

4 Likes

Why do you think she’s balanced? Nothing supports this.

I want at least her 60 hps back… it feels terrible to heal and valkyrie charges noticable slower, and healing tanks feels so discouraging… it’s awfull

I played her for 360 hours before the rework and after I tried adapting and put 50 more in. Now I dont want to play her anymore because thanks to e-rez and valk her playstyle changed to the worse for me.
Her base gameplay is still nice and good but she lacks the heroic moment she had with her old mass-rez. For e-rez it destroys her fluent gameplay since it stops you and doesnt allow you to heal while performing it.

They should put her rez on ult again since it is her most powerful ability anyway and get rid of valk. Mercy needs a higher skill ceiling again and Silawatsi linked Titaniums thread which suggests a skillshot. That thread shows the rework Mercy needed all along and not this terrible abomination we have right now.