[Feedback Thread Continued Part IV] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

EeveeA also being another one to state that Valkyrie and E Res are Mercy’s issues as well. We will see very little change in her pick rate/win rate after the smoke blows over.

Forgot to put, ”sarcasm intended” in brackets.

Please, really explain to me in other words apart from others. This is just rehashing the same points.

She was going to get healing reduce at some point anyway since her healing is one of the best and is most consistent too. It just probably wont solve the current issue.

I thought that would be too obvious :wink:

that her core problem - ult stuffed into E ability on 30 sec is main reason why she is picked, a lot people crying about this - there were things like need to charge it, or simply vanish it - instead of that they decide to lower her healing output when about year ago they said - we increased her healing output because her niche is main healer and she should outdo rest of supports for cost of not doing dmg and healing is what she does(ana, moira werent there)

she got buffed hear healing about year/two ago exacly because her healign was too low for main healer

I don’t remember her healing being touched but even if so, times changes and she was probably the only main healer back then anyway.

When did he ever get toxic exactly? xD

Mercy’s res ability on a CD is overpowered, and you have to admit it. It has caused every other healer to be a trash pick, but before the Mercy changes, anyone who WASN’T a Mercy main only DARED to even choose her.

Yes, she had 50 HP/s in beta and I believe in the first months after game’s release.

One thing has not changed since tho, and that she’s the only healer who does only healing, her only form of damage is the boost (unless you go Battle Mercy but then you’re trolling). Which is exactly why they buffed it to 60 HP/s because she should outdo other supports who are all dps hybrids. She got buffed when Ana was introduced by the way, so she was not the only main healer.

1 Like

Well, ana was underproered at release so I can only assume that buff was during the tank meta or something to have her compete with ana (who was already OP at that point)

I do believe it was around the time of the tank meta, but it wasn’t just Ana outperforming Mercy. Lucio had a much higher pick-rate at the time, and although I can’t find any stats to show it I think even Zen was a more popular pick for a time (leaving Mercy as the least played support on PC). My guess is as damage boost wasn’t nearly as valued as discord at the time they wanted her to be the ultimate healer to make up for her lack of utility, and the added buff to her staff was in line with that as well as her buffed self-regen.

Yes, it was. It made her viable and more fun to play. She was extremely OP at first but they found the sweet spot. The last nerf was kind of necessary especially because Moira can’t heal through shields anymore but Mercy does that with ease. She’s my third most play hero with 84 hours.

Symmetra. Until they reworked her again. It’s also interesting to note that they went straight into a rework, instead of tweaking anything at all ever since the last rework.

So with the recent HPS nerf, who do you think will be affected the most? I think the tanks will take the biggest hit. Hog and Zarya should do ok, but Rein and Orisa will be hit the hardest. They rely on a steady stream on healing to keep going, especially with no mobility to find health packs. Tanks are now going to be my #1 rez priority.

If Mercy had to get nerfed so many times after the rework, it is clear this was not a sucessful rework.

9 Likes

Rework not revert.
Mass res doesn’t need to return.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they announce the revert soon so I can come back to playing the game.

3 Likes

Revert is better. Mass rez was fine.

4 Likes

Realistically a revert would have been the logical thing to do since the stats showed she was balanced as a low skill pretty good reward hero that grew less useful the higher you climbed.

But the company, and many baised forum users, don’t look at those stats yet looks at her stats now to call for more nerfs, which is bizarre

5 Likes