[Feedback Thread Continued Part IV] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Just another toxic Ana main who can’t understand the fact that we did NOT want this rework, nor the year of OP moth meta. Many of us would rather Mercy be a troll pick and enjoyable (like mass res Mercy), then have her overpowered and boring. Maybe you can play a bit more Mercy, then maybe we will listen to you and your feedback :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Her pickrate and winrate are both going down so I don’t think they’ll be nerfing her anytime soon.

Her pickrate is going down but her winrate is rising.

This is because she’s becoming more niche. A similar example is Sym. She has a high winrate because she’s niche and picked in situations where she’ll do great.

Mercy is similar now. I’ve seen people pick Mercy with Hanzo/Widow/Junkrat/Pharah. Anything else and it’s usually Ana or Moira.

She’s getting back to where she was in like s3 ish where she was picked most often for more dps/squishy heavy comps where the team would be more likely to be spread out, or purely for Pharmercy. I personally also don’t bother picking her for a duo tank set up unless I have an offhealer. If there’s more than one tank, it feels like you’re better off on Ana solo.

1 Like

^^^
So has anyone seen them active on the forums reading the feedback?

4 Likes

Where did you read anything that’s toxic in my comments? Me not agreeing with your opinion does not mean I’m toxic know the difference, this is why the report system is being misused.

No, it’s a blatant lie. They respond to other topics, but turn the other way when it comes to Mercy.

I wanted to, but after the abuse, I decided I couldn’t support such a company.

2 Likes

So cool thing, I did not report you? xD

I don’t care that you have differing opinions, we have stated ours, and would like people like you, to stop calling us out saying we want our main to be OP. Even though in fact, a lot of people state REALLY great ideas for Mercy even including things like removing res and replacing it with a different ability.

Just because Mercy was meta over your own main, doesn’t mean you get to hate us, we didn’t want any of this, so please respect us like we respect you.

Nerfing EVERYTHING in her kit except for the actual problem (resurrect) isn’t going to make her any less meta then she is already. It’s just going to make her more unfun and brain-dead then she already is. So maybe you should look at what resurrect is doing in the game as an unearned ability then her healing. We have already established the fact that her healing originally was 50hp/s and was BUFFED to keep up with Ana’s healing output.

3 Likes

Lets get one thing straight though, I don’t actually care about your feedback whether it’s given or not, I commented my initial comment in the hopes that a dev skimming through would take a look at it, so that’s out of the way lets carry on.

You accused me of something that is reportable, that’s not a cool thing.

and I have stated mine, I’d like people like you to stop calling me out saying I want Mercy dead when I just want a balanced game.

You should take your own advice mate, if anyone has been disrespectful in this post it’s you… also you assumed I hate Mercy mains that’s also a rude thing to assume is it not? me suggesting something for a hero does not mean I hate their mains… You should take a break from the game you seem to be too attached to it right now.

Nope I believe that her raw consistent healing was the reason why she was picked so much hence why her pickrate dropped when her healing got nerfed which was a good move by blizzard.

That’s a rude thing to say, and fun is subjective.

You have realized that currently her pickrate/winrate are rising again, right?

Is it rude when I have played her a lot, then I would be straight up insulting myself. And sure fun is subjective, but this is a video game. You are supposed to feel powerful and impactful, and you’re supposed to enjoy the thing you are doing.

1 Like

That’s only natural, a lot of Mercy players stopped playing her out of being upset, there were posts asking boycott her so… when they realized Mercy was still viable or that they weren’t capable of playing another hero to that level or they cooled down, they went back to Mercy.

feel powerful and impactful in a balanced way which is what Mercy state is right now (I believe hence why I said my initial suggestion might need to be looked at) I’m seeing other heroes being played now, I’m seeing Ana players not accused of throwing and I’m also seeing Mercy still picked.

Okay, that’s a bit toxic! xD
There have been many Mercy mains who have stopped playing Overwatch altogether. And I myself, am slowly getting there. I’ve been playing Ana and Widowmaker more, and even more tanks. I shouldn’t be consistently forced to play another hero because the one I used to love playing was reworked without many Mercy main’s consent, and then nerfed 11+ times.

Any rework that has been nerfed 11+ times, is a genuine failure. You wouldn’t like if Ana went through that right? Reworked without your knowledge, then nerfed 11+ times because people don’t want her in every game.

You also haven’t gone through the same hate as many Mercy mains. We are quite literally called cultists on a daily basis. We get told that no aim heroes serve us well, that we only play Mercy because we can’t aim. Would you like if you got that much hate, just for playing your favorite hero?

Mercy being reverted with obvious fixes would be balanced as well. She punished bad ultimate economy, and could save a fight by resurrecting ONE person. Plus it had many different outcomes and uses.
(obvious fixes like LOS, slight cast time, remove invuln and add a damage reduction instead)

1 Like

Gee, can’t wait for the patch notes where they give the latest Mercy update - she’s removed from the game.

/s

Remove valkerie and put single Rez as an ult that charges at Winston’s ult charge rate, I already have an ability concept for her E ability, it is like a supercharger but with her staff for healing only and it targets only 3 selected allies and while it is plant down u can do damage with ur pistol, u can then, guardian angel to it to pick it up after it is unplated by the enemy by shooting at it or the 10 second uptime has expired. The cooldown on it is 20 seconds and it doesn’t start until the staff is unplanted or expired.

Edit: does only 35/hps

The Part III of the Mercy mega thread is like our very own flying dutchman. The legendary ghost ship that only appears every now and then, coughs the forum thread of legends and myth.

1 Like

Just checking in, an see that we have gone from Feedback thread 3 to now 4 (or I SHOULD say Thread 3 cannot be replied to an the only replies can be made here). Plus 13 consecutive Nerfs to Mercy for “Balance” with Rez as an “E” Ability. The last one being “THEM” going after her base Healing, making it to where it will not even prevent 1 person being saved from a Winston…
I stopped playing after Nerf #8 so yeah… Fix Mercy already because Rez as an “E” Ability is a total failure…

2 Likes

@James your thread is still alive. O.o

1 Like

Rework mercy with resurrect being her ultimate again,make it function otherwise,i don’t care,but her ult must be resurrect

3 Likes

which will be soon if they don’t fix our angel