[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

LOS and no invul would encourage people to do more tempo rezes. Having valk on e would make her too hard to kill and would make people complain just as much if not more than hiding to rez. Mass rez in punishable and can punish other players based on ult economy. Not many Mercys hid to rez unless they lower ranks or there were a bunch of ults going off. Even now I hide if I hear a tire or keep my distance if I know Zarya has grav. Keeping distance or hiding to from ults is something I think isn’t extreme or bad to do. I think it’d be kinda crazy to wave at a tire and just die to it when you can avoid it. There were some Mercy that full on hid when it was unnecessary, but they weren’t the ones climbing since it simply left the team without one of their healers and made it easier for the enemy team to use less ults and maybe even known to kill off your team, thus wasting your ult.

6 Likes

Oh cool the dumpsters open again

Sorry I mean they’re listening to us

1 Like

If you are not taking damage, you are hiding, that’s DPS logic. Even if you literally behind next corner/some object to not die from ults flying all over place.

With Valkyrie as E, Mercy still can be shot down by usual methods for Pharah(visor and deadeye, or just skilled sniper), but things like rip-tire no longer will force her to abandon team, knowing that 99 out of 100 that rip-tire is aimed for Mercy.

1 Like

I’ve never had a DPS compain to me about not taking damage because I went around a corner to not get ulted and to avoid damage. Regardless, I don’t care for an ignorant opinion on whether or not a DPS thinks I’m “hiding” because I don’t want to be shot at or ulted. Valk on E would make other healers have no spot light. Ana is a sitting duck half the time, she’s a healer so a tire would come after her as well. She has no mobility but that doesn’t mean she should be able to free fly. Mercy already has high mobility. If you’re struggling to survive on her, that is a you problem not a hero problem. She shouldn’t be able to have two huge mobility abilities. The last thing I want is a GA nerf and Valk on E would be begging for that. It would be too overpowered.

3 Likes

Obviously, it won’t be current Valkyrie. And I found Pharmercy best way to play for that exact reason - ground-based ults without huge radius can’t reach me. Still have to worry about anti-air ults, but those can’t be used without line of sight.

There already was GA nerf, in form of slightly increased cooldown. While you may not care about “hiding”, Blizzard did.

1 Like

The fact mercy’s that hid were able to get away with full team rez was a complete miscalcuation from the team wiping side.

This should still never have been changed.

8 Likes

Whoever disagrees doesn’t understand the basics of ult economy.

Yes Jeff, it’s you I am talking about.

11 Likes

The fact is. The minute you hit “Q” ( or whatever your ult key / button is on your platform of choice ) You’re commiting to an attack. Go in. Do your best and shut them down.

Before committing you know wether or not the enemy team had a mercy.

Regardless of what hero you are playing you KNOW you need to kill mercy or the whole commitment is a bust.

What objective are you attacking. What is a common place for a mercy to hide? Will she have rez? Should we kill her BEFORE Q to win?

This was what made mercy so much better to play against. It was always fun for me trying to scope out the enemy mercy’s hiding location.

Really hoping for a revert but 20,200 posts In and we’re no closer to peace for mercy.

Hope is not a word I should be using right now.

But I still have some. If only a trickle.

9 Likes

Sorry, but Mercy is a single target healer and knowing which heal targets to prioritize is a huge part of what makes her skillful. Chain healing falsely pads healing numbers for people who are not very good with her.

13 Likes

Hate to tell you this, but since this fiasco began there have been OVER 100,000 posts. Started in PTR posting about how bad the Reworked Mercy would be, then 9 Mega-Threads…

8 Likes

Why we get PTR feedback posts, if things that reach PTR almost always go in public, regardless from feedback. Almost like every single feedback thread(not only Mercy) used to keep any complains out of sight.

7 Likes

To the Mercy mains, here is your prescription:

5 Likes

You know why I said 20k posts? It’s because I’m an idiot and for some reason I thought this thread ( which is clearly marked part III ) was the only “main” thread.

1 Like

I just went through all my stats and noticed that Rixt has given me a lot of likes, so I wanted to use this place to say thank you as we don’t normally speak here! :heart:

9 Likes

Same

We love you @Rixt :heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :green_heart: :yellow_heart: :orange_heart: :black_heart:

2 Likes

:tada::fireworks: Happy one year anniversary everyone, we still haven’t gotten a single response :tada::fireworks:

6 Likes

It’s one year anniversary today?

Yay for successful rework™, i guess. :tada:

3 Likes

There was a cancelled PTR thing besides bug fixes. When they halved Anas healing with her bio rifle.

Happy anniversary everyone ….

:skull:warning cynical overdose can cause drowsiness, coma, seizures, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, liver damage and losing all trust in certain developers that you loved once ,

3 Likes

come on bliz. How much longer are we going to keep this up.

2 Likes