[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

If it were spam the mods would deal with it.

but for the most part mercy threads stay up.

so obviously the mods don’t take issue with all the mercy threads so long as they follow the coc and all.

but either way its still better this way then it was before.

as now more people will actually take notice of the issues as nobody was going to read the megathread as it was very cluttered and messy especially with the new forum system that flicks through 1000’s of posts if you move the scroll bar alittle too fast.

5 Likes

Here’s a few things i always like to point out on topic of so called “Mercy spam”:

• General discussion is always full of similar topics over and over again. Mercy threads are not only subject like that. Where’s the Brigitte megathread? Doomfist megathread? CC megathread? I quit the game/game is unfun megathread?

• If people are actually constantly spamming new Mercy topics, best way to handle that is not megathread punishing those who followed the rules to begin with. Punishing those who actually spam is more effective.

• Fun fact: replying to thread actually bumps it and gives it more attention. Lot of people don’t realize this when they bump Mercy threads by making comments about “Mercy spam” on them.

6 Likes

I never thought I’d see the day when the “big” Overwatch channels started considering a revert a possibility. I’m genuinely a bit stunned by it.

5 Likes

Well, with all the Streamer who badmouthed Mercy to begin with, I guess these ‘big’ channels are FINALLY actually looking at the problem from both sides. Way past time if you ask me.

6 Likes

Yeah I was surprised by Seagull saying he’d bring old Mercy back also. But hey… if that’s what it takes to make people look back on it and maybe change their minds, I’m all for it. Took long enough.

2 Likes

I’m still holding out for them reverting valk.

We can live’n’hope.

2 Likes

I’ll take just about anything.

Side note:
WERE OVER 20K replies I thought that wasn’t possible.

2 Likes

It’s TF2 medic, only she can fly. :smiley:

Hi thread! Mercy is still bad.

6 Likes

I actually prefer most of my information in one place ^^; that is why I like the megathread… I’ve actually read through the majority of both because I find other ideas fascinating.

This is why for the most part, I do not respond to them anymore and will either mute or not even open the thread.

1 Like

Like I said with the megathread having been locked for well over 2 months or whatever most people have moved their discussion over to titaniums thread and elsewhere.

Megathreads became a giant memefest anyhow.

TF2 Medic without Ubercharge, aka useless medic.

Day 363:

Rework is awful, Mercy is garbage and we’re still being ignored.

9 Likes

The rework was a mistake for many reasons. The main mercies have never complained before this rework. But I understand that the mass rez was a problem, a concept of unhealthy gambling. But now there’s another one. With 50 hps and with this rework, it is better to play only as pocket dps. Pharah, widowmaker (but also sometimes, hanzo), and ignore most of the time the other teammate and especially the main tank (should be your main job from main support). For a main support is a wrong game idea. Even at low ranks seeing the win rate, mercy and putting very bad. In the intentions blizzard must still be a strong and usable pick, with this last nerf destroyed it. If back to 60 hps the pool support will rebalance, mercy was favored by the old meta (double snipers) not by his healing. But the underlying problems of this rework remain. Mercy is an easy hero, but now he is even more so than before, a good mercy is no longer distinguished from a bad one. Valkyria oversimplifies his game. An ultimate of which you always do the same thing you usually do, but better, and without being able to choose and make decisions. Also with valkyria it’s hard to kill you, so the fun of trying to escape from enemies has flattened out. Flight contributes to your almost immortality. Valkyria had been discarded in OW alpha. Valkyria must be eliminated. The return of the mass rez is unattainable(I’d like that mercy 1.0 back). But the rez on OW is too powerful a skill to stay as a cd skill. In order to keep this cyclical skill mercy has suffered 14 consecutive nerf and a year of terrible play for all mercy main and non. The rez somehow must return as an ultimate(mass rez or not). The last nerf has destroyed it if we see his winrate at low ranks is bad. Playing it you feel useless, at least as main support, you need another main support next. Make the pocket dps all here.
Why do I like mercy? It’s not true because it’s easy, at least for me. I like it because it’s mobile and it’s the only real support of the game, which is completely dedicated to the team. I have been playing online for 17 years and have always played support in all online games. Mercy is unique.

2 Likes

DELETE REZ
then Give her another ability.

1 Like

I only just noticed, but this thread is listed as having 19.3k replies on the forum, despite clearly being around 20.1k right now.

I guess the forum gets a little glitchy with threads this massive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Valk on E is a horrible idea. Here’s why : Mercy is a very mobile hero. One of her weaknesses is that she replies on her team to be mobile. Putting the ability to fly freely as an ability when she already has GA would be pretty OP. She’d be very hard to kill and would take away that weakness. Remember, we want Mercy to be viable, fun, balanced, and impactful. We don’t want her to outshine other supports and put heroes like Ana in a trash can again. I think putting rez as an ult again with some tweaks like LOS would work great along with a new fun E, but valk on E with a powerful ult and already high mobility would make her too hard to kill and too mobile even if it’s on a very long CD and a very short flight. I also think her healing should go up back to 60 hps because she was extremely weak before invulnerability and that’s one of the reasons why she had gotten 60 hps to begin with.

4 Likes

o hey the mega thread aint locked anymore

Why is this trashcan exceeding the forum limit and is still open.???

But then she will hide again to not die and use her rez. And we know, how community reacts to having to look for enemy healer.

She is designed to be best healer, simply because she isn’t doing anything else.