[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I mean I wouldn’t say Zen’s ult is OP but also Zen’s ult doesn’t suffer from the problem that Lucio’s and Ana’s ult suffer from which is feeling like the Ult is unimpactful. To be fair as a Mercy main I’ve felt that her ult doesn’t do any impact anymore, but I’m also not mad at this nerf because it means I can play other healers and not just be a health bot.

1 Like

You would be amazed, apparently, 20 hps of self heal makes you “virtually unkillable” in many players eyes.

2 Likes

I guess season 12’s going to be the first season since season 2 where I won’t even do placements. This latest Mercy nerf is disgusting, and I refuse to play a character that makes you feel completely and utterly useless.

And what’s with the throttling on this oh so wonderful thread? Is Blizzard really this F’d up as to enfore a F’ing curfew? A curfew. On a forum thread? Really?

5 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Let me list the nerfs Mercy has received post-rework.

Nerfs 1 to 2, October 17th, 2017

Guardian Angel

• Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated

Valkyrie

• No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown

Nerfs 3 to 5, November 16th, 2017

Resurrect

• Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
  • Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
  • Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

Nerfs 6 to 9, January 30th, 2018

Valkyrie

• No longer makes Resurrect instant
  • No longer grants a bonus Resurrect charge
  • The speed bonus Guardian Angel receives when activating Valkyrie has been decreased by 50%
  • Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

Nerf 10, currently in the PTR:

Primary fire healing beam reduced 17% from 60 HP/s to 50 HP/s.

This is starting to become annoying, to put it mildly. Why are you trying so hard to keep this rework going like this? Mercy will never be balanced as long as Rez is on a static cooldown. The ability to undo a death twice a minute is too valuable to pass up, no matter how much you nerf Mercy OR buff other healers.

Even if Rez’s cooldown was increased to 60 seconds, it would still be too valuable. We can’t go on like this, we seriously can’t. When will we finally admit the rework failed, horribly? You’re running out of things to nerf. Please explain how keeping an ult on a cooldown ability is in ANY way balanced?

10 Likes

WOW.

I’m tired. Who else is tired of this? "OTL WHY can’t they admit the rework was a failure!

7 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Ive never seen a group of people who keep persisting and persisting with what is an awful and unsalvageable concept (mercys rework) since my country voted for brexit.

Just grow up and admit you completely messed up the rework and are going back to the drawing board with her, weather thats a formal revert and going from there or a rework of the rework (lul).

Sigh, see you guys in another few months when people realise mercy is still the best support, and always will be because rez is unbalanceable as a regular skill, and the community want more nerfs.

6 Likes

Good job Dev’s now i can’t keep my teammates alive with my standard healing beam. ^^ (had a lot of fun in PTR watching my beloved DPS mates dying)

2 Likes

LOL this topic keeps getting locked.

1 Like

The literal state of Mercy now, can’t outheal any direct primary’s makes me sick. Enjoy the immediate player sink, devs. You guys earned it.
Just remember, you’re the ones losing jobs when Overwatch loses it’s player base. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Watching the garbage dump close and open again in real time is kinda hilarious, in a sad way.

3 Likes

It’s not throttling, but someone keeps flagging or perhaps posts that are moved here by the mods have some flags which are causing this thread to become flagged.

The nerf is completely the wrong way to go about handling Mercy and just proves they haven’t read a single bit of feedback in any of the megathreads. There’s no reason to bother posting feedback in this thread.

15 Likes