[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

The “Winston outdamages it” comments crack me up. He outdamages it by literally 10HP/sec. If Winston is actually getting the kill after 20 seconds of healing, Mercy’s HPS is not the main issue there.

Valk keeps Mercy alive so she can keep doing her thing. Valk is pretty damn hard to stop without great aim, or another ult. It essentially guarantees you have a least one healer for a whole fight, and that’s pretty useful. That being said, a slight buff to the charge rate may be in order, but I’d much rather give the current changes a little time first.

1 Like

60 dps to a group of enemy… don’t forget

Valkyrie is a mess of an ultimate. You don’t ult to save your team. You ult to save yourself. Nothing more and nothing less. Damn I miss her old ult. The invulnerability offered such strategy with her. You could use it to dodge Ults and save yourself when stunned while also tempo rezzing. They should have just given Mercy a double jump or something. This ult is trash. I hate it because I can’t save my team with this dumbass Valkyrie crap.

1 Like

I’m so glad I cut off my angel wings when they initially changed her after Season 4 or whatever.

Valk was never trash tho? Your near unkillable while healing or boosting everyone in sight? That’s huge.

At this point just revert her back and take it from there. Why can they not admit they made a mistake and instead they make things worse everytime for every single hero they touch since the launch of the game?

It was frustrating but less bad that what Mercy has become now. Also her pickrates remain unaffected apart from the first week of the nerfs. So the change was bad imo. Maybe if they revert her to mass rez, but change how mass rez works would be a better approach. Like i said in another post, they can give her back mass rez, but every rezed target receives a debuff after rez for 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Mercy is dead completely… Thanks Jeff:sob:

Until that get nerfed
At that point it’s a “do nothing” type of ult

They should definitely amp the Healing power during her ult.

1 Like

Lucio and wider area? Do you play the same game as we do? Lucio aura is currently 10 meters, zens ult lasts 6 seconds and orisa ult is trash, PLEASE can people who ONLY PLAY MERCY stop saying such things? As someone who played WITH mercy, AGAINST mercy and AS mercy up to around 3700 I can say she is VERY strong and that nerf will not trash her in anyway, it will make life easier to other heroes including other healers and will give you an actuall chance to play something else (talking main heal) and still not be overshadowed by an enemy mercy. Mercy is the most popular hero in overwatch we know, and thats why devs will not allow her to be below “very usefull” level but right now shes at “very very very usefull” level.

Maybe Valkyrie should increase single-target healing output. The chain heal is already nice though. Oh yeah and the flying is awesome

I think Brigitte proved that no matter if your heal potential is low. The extra time you get alive makes all difference in winning a fight.
Winston can out damage you? Yes. Can Winston kill the one you’re healing? Only if the other one wants him to.

“Ugh our mercy is trash all she does with her ult is battle mercy”

She still has an ult on cooldown. Mercy basically has 2 ults that you can do at the same time.

As if that is a problem, you forgot to mention the primary fire will deal 10 damage, yes 10 damage, unless someone else is attacking the target, Winston will be long dead before doing 150 or 200 damage.
Sprecially if his target is any of the “meta” heroes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mercy Main here that is happy about the nerf. Every nerf Mercy gets fellow Mercy Mains that go like AH MERCY IS TRASH NOW. Yet she still keeps seeing play constantly. This will help other supports get picked…though tbh I think they should just remove Rez from her kit. That’s what is really killing all other supports.

I think she’ll still be used.

What do you mean statistically

Are you comparing it to trans or something?

ofc she’ll be used - rez is still there.

why do people keep saying this? It takes 2 seconds for a good soldier to kill Mercy in Valkyrie

and 97% (number based on how it feels) of the time you’ll be healing. There’s really only this much you can allow yourself to boost someone instead of healing, if you are not running duo-main support

1 Like

I like how low key this rant threads are complaining about things that other healers are suffering from like a gazillion years ago.
WoW Lucio ultimate! So OP ! can really mitigate … almost nothing? lasts for ! … almost nothing?
WoW Ana ultimate! So OP ! can help the team in such ways that … wait no, its a single target ult.
WoW Zen ultimate! So OP ! he is immune during 6 sec and … thats it , Valk lasts for 15 sec, has self regen and a CHEA… i mean FLYING !

… meh thrash ULT

:joy: