[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It’ll only take him 20 seconds of non-stop attacking to kill someone being healed…

It’s sad that posts like this are so heavily liked.

If you think 10 HPS will put Mercy from the best (or easily top 2) support to being useless, then your judgement is more accurate for your sense of rationale.

Wouldn’t be the general forums without the angry Mercy main mob, though. :weary:

The sad thing is that Mercy will still be a must pick but slowly she is becoming less and less fun and less and less engaging to play. Until that revive on a cooldown is reworked or Mercy as a whole is reworked or reverted to her old form she will be a must pick.

We just slowly inch closer towards the “Dreaded 3 support meta”.

All this because of the stupid rework mess that we said was a stupid rework mess about a year ago.

What the heck does it take to make blizzard admit their mistakes and just revert, it is madness at this point.

4 Likes

I never said that Mercy would stop being the top support, she will be the top support as long as she has resurrect on a cooldown.
I was just pointing out how bad Valkyrie is now and how it will be worse.

Winston doesn’t need to kill the person to be useful. Canceling out the healing is enough for his teammates to come in and do their damage.

5 Likes

yeahh!!! let’s make OVERWATCH of DUTY or OVERWATCH: Global Offensive…

3 Likes

A quick reminder that Whole Hog pushes everyone away from its damage, Pulse Bomb does 300 damage, and pros use Dead Eye for nothing but the reload. Enjoy unrestricted flight, btw.

1 Like

low appreciation to Support efforts. tht’s the problem

'Cept it’s not bad, and she’s not good just because of rez. It’s definitely a huge factor, but Valk’s strength comes from its duration rather than burst potential. Watching Overwatch League has proven that it’s a completely viable ult.

As you say, he only needs to cancel the healing…as he does currently.

In the end, until they change her rez to be less effective, Valk is appropriately balanced.

OOF, my bad, I forgot everyone plays in pro games.

1 Like

That requires these peeps to git gud at Mercy’s entire kit, instead of whining about it every single day on the forums.

So basically, you’re bent on looking for excuses.

Got it.

1 Like

Hey hey hold on for just a moment.

So apparently the most powerful healer, with the highest pickrate and winrate across Wood and OWL divisions has had a “trash” ultimate?

Really?

1 Like

Mercy is so bad with her godlike mobility and only revive in the game on a cooldown.

Why should any heal under any conditions outheal anything other than the most basic, bottom barrel, weak primary DPS sources in the game?

Valk a trash ult? It is one of the best support ults at this moment.

2 Likes

They should keep Valk at 60hps.

1 Like

She can’t out heal Rein’s hammer as it is right now, but let’s make a whine thread because now Winston’s damage can go through.

Sure but it still takes forever for him to kill someone being healed by mercy. I dont think there is a character in game that cannot react and shoot back/kill the winston in this time.

Valkyrie is still the second to best AOE heal. Its not burst healing but that should be mercy’s weakness so it makes sense. You can find it a booring ultimate (wich imo it is)

I don’t have a opinion on mercy’s existence anymore but a easy way to fix that is to increase her healing to 60 per a second while using valkyrie.

Winston was the only main tank that mercy could heal through his primary though. Rein and orisa could always outdamage mercies heal so…

Accounting for reloads, Mercy still outheals Winston’s tesla cannon.

Anyway, this healing reduction wasn’t the right nerf.