[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Goes to show how good many Mercy “mains” are, doesn’t it?

If you have a team that is dealing some good damage and elims and working as a team, I enjoy playing mercy and helping them out. As a DPS I rarely get complimented for my work but any mercy heals over 23,000 in comp I get actual thank yous from the team.

Thank you for saying it!

Exactly. Back even during tank and dive metas I played Mercy and loved her. She was so immensely interesting at the time and high risk high reward and the payoff for playing extremely well and being aware of all things paid off extremely well.

I’ll play a hero I have a 40% winrate with and have fun with over one I have a 60% winrate and don’t have fun with. Seriously, I know this is true of me because I have played non meta mercy where grown men would SCREAM at me over the microphone.

2 Likes

She was always boring a lot o players considered her boing before the nerfs, mercy mains are only bringing up the boring aspect now because they lack any other method to convince the dev team to buff her or change her, when she was nerfed they all went off on the forums stating she’s dead and she’ll be a troll pick guess what she’s not…

Also orisa is considered boring by a lot of players so going by your logic they should work on orisa before mercy… but hey good luck with having them tweak orisa :rofl:

6 Likes

I am just curious who are 1st and teh 2nd

Except she’s more fun now than she’s ever been unless you simply enjoyed being OP. Otherwise I don’t see how having vastly more mobility and actually engaged in fights makes her less enjoyable. If you don’t like her, you either never liked her or just want her to be OP again.

The last I checked, if you don’t like a hero you don’t play them.

1 Like

Sure she is boring, but I used to play her when I was new to the game, cause none wanted to play a healer, and she was easy to play. She was boring back then with mass ressurection aswell, shes more fun now then before, you can fly with your ult, and have ressurection as an ability, no way she is “more boring then before”.

I share this feeling, I authentically quit after the Mercy changes settled and the novelty wore off-- I came back for (1) the reaper skin (2) bridgette.

Unlike Mercy, Bridgette has many layers to her character. Maybe she isn’t the best healer, maybe her shield is bugged and she takes damage from junkrat bombs and other stuff wrongly, maybe her damage isn’t that great. But I flat out love the complexity of the character.

She is the polar opposite of Mercy to me gameplay and fun wise.

Problem is, people liked the hero before they messes with it for no good reason.

3 Likes

Mercy was never considered gamebreaking at release until her rework hit though.

I distinctly remember tank and dive metas where people who played Mercy, myself included, were YELLED AT over mic for playing Mercy. We were literally YELLED at. “GO LUCIO! STOP PALYING MERCY SHE IS BAD!” etc etc.

8 Likes

Agree. I’ve had fun with her, and been getting wins with her. I can genuinely say I’m a good Mercy and it’s fun to play.

1 Like

at least the devs finally put this to rest

There is a good reason why they changed her for the better. Just because the vocal minority doesn’t like her doesn’t mean the vast majority liked her.

1 Like

As someone who finds the current incarnation of Mercy to be fun: there are 6 other support, and 26 other heroes. Not every hero is required to acquiesce to YOUR idea of fun.

1 Like

My favorite iteration of Mercy was Mass Res before the invincibility buff. That Mercy wasn’t OP… so try again.

3 Likes

There was no time when she was the worst healer ever but only when Ana was bringing the tank meta for 3 seasons max.

Other than that, Mercy was never, ever a bad pick since launch but having her ultimate radius and ultimate charge severely worked because of how powerful she actually was. Can we not spread such blatant lies ?

Except I don’t believe that for a second and their claims of her being boring are completely null. She’s way more enjoyable now than Mercy 1.0 and more viable. So if they enjoyed 1.0 that is a lie.

I know catching you is either hit or miss, but as a Junk main I really wanted to ask you this while you’re on the forums today.

What is your goal with Junk? It feels like you want to reduce the power of spam Junkrat, but it feels like the nerf does nothing to address the fact that Junkrat’s projectiles is one of the slowest in the game and that getting power out of him is really inconsistent, you’re either feast or famine and I think this is the reason a ton of players hate him.

I mean, sure, looking at the stats she’s fine but what about the ‘X’ factor? The fun to play element? The entire nerf fiesta took so much joy out of the Mercy play style.