[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

That’s just opinion. I think she’s boring to play too, so… I don’t play her. But plenty of people do if she’s 3rd most played.

Yes but that is based upon winrates and pickrates. Mercy right now is simply very very mundane to play and feels to many players like an outright chore.

Winrates and pickrates don’t reflect enjoyment unfortunately.

6 Likes

what do people have to say about mercy?
there might be an increase now but thats because jeff finally gave a response on her.
tons of things cause spam in the forums and pushing mercy opinions into a void when we know that blizzard does not care for the opinions at the moment is just offensive to the players.

then stop playing her. if enough of you find her that boring and a chore then you’ll force the devs hand bc her pickrates will plummet

BOOKMARKED!!!

If your team is spread out, who else can main heal them? Moira doesn’t have the range for that.

It’s just Ana and her, and Ana is garbage.

Just because you feel she’s incredibly boring to play doesn’t mean everyone does. I find other heroes boring so I just don’t play them. There are plenty of other heroes I greatly enjoy. I also enjoy Mercy how she is myself.

2 Likes

Thanks! Maybe we’ll have less posts of people asking for a mercy change!

I already did and that’s what resulted in me quitting the game until Bridgette was released. Mercy was simply so painful to play that I couldn’t enjoy the game.

When someone like me literally quits the game that is not a positive indicator for the hero being that enjoyable-- I am a “gaming career” support/healer main since my first video games. Heck even text based RPGs I played way back in the day…

2 Likes

This is legit the only thing left for mercy mains to nag about… “boring”

1 Like

Last I checked this was a game. If something in a game is boring, that’s a problem.

17 Likes

Once again, numbers win over being a fun character. Thank god Brigitte is now on comp, because god knows I couldn’t bring myself to keep playing Mercy much longer.

8 Likes

Same. Do what you want with competitive, but give us an option to play old Mercy casually!

4 Likes

Thank goodness! Mercy is in the best state she’s ever been in and definitely more fun to play. I’m really glad they aren’t making any changes. The fact that Mercy’s pistol can actually be useful now is a huge boon to her and really makes her enjoyable. I love popping valk getting a couple of kills and then flying back real fast to top off my team.

Thank you Jeff for making Mercy more fun than she’s ever been! Don’t listen to all these people who just want her to be OP again! Those of us with level heads and know how to adapt love the new Mercy!

1 Like

Just because something “works” doesn’t mean that it’s in a good state.

Video games are suppose to be fun. Mercy doesn’t feel fun. Especially when you put her alongside every other healer in the game.

You tried to give Mercy an ult so she can be more engaging and its had the opposite effect. You fly into the sky and go into spectator mode.

You dont need to give her any more POWER to make her more FUN to play.

Its a problem. Its been a problem ever since day 1 of the rework?

If you are low on ideas there is a really HUGE mega thread you could skim through.

24 Likes

Lots of us, myself being one, have not really disputed that she can be useful. Last season I pulled a 60% winrate with her in comp. She is clearly not bad.

But she is unfun to play, and I’ve been screaming that for a while now. It’s not about “moving onto the next topic to whine about” for me, it’s about she is authentically less interesting to play now.

9 Likes

but most people want her back from when she was considered the worst healer in the game.
how are they asking for her to be op?

8 Likes

like i said, if there were enough people like you quitting bc of mercy then the devs would take notice. unfortunately it seems youre in the vast minority.

Could we shut down that megathread from 3 months ago then?

3 Likes

Amen