[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

She is gonna die pretty fast with an increased GA cooldown. That’s like nerfing Tracer blink.

This doesn’t matter, especially when she can boost other’s dps via her damage beam or keeping them in the fight longer.

She’s the most dominant healer in the game, and the most played hero across all ranks at this point I think slightly beating out DVA, and she’s in every owl match. It wasn’t okay when Lucio did it, why’s it okay when she does it?

In the recent interview with seagull, Jeff Kaplan states plainly they won’t touch her because she’s popular, which is the dumbest statement to make for a game like this.

And her high pickrate in plat and below will never change because of her ease of access

Lucio is the reason why the support category is unbalanced. He’s at fault. Increase his aura radius. All a Mercy nerf will do is bring Lucio back with Zenyatta again. Then you have weak Lucio with busted Zenyatta.

Her pick rate is high because of Resurrect. That is what is imbalanced about her, the rest of her kit is average considering she contributes literally 0 damage to her team.

That’s the whole point. She’s going to have to adapt and not dive through a crowd to get a flashy rez off, or constantly escape after turning the fight on the frontline.

It’s been 11 seasons. Blizzard has 0 interest in reworking ressurect. Let alone removing it.

All the other supports kill enemies so unless she gets MAJOR buffs to her pistol, no.

1 Like

Increasing GA cooldown will kill her, period. End of discussion. Giving a hero with 0 damage capability no mobility is a way to kill a hero.

Like, do you know what you’re talking about? You have an hour on Mercy. I have 650 more hours than you on her.

1 Like

Yes, then we can nerf all other Heroes’ ability that permit the movement. Great Idea! /s

1 Like

In order for the OP suggestion to work she’d need major offensive buffs. I’m a big enthusiast of battle Mercy so maybe this wouldn’t be horrid.

1 Like

I’m against it. If you change her, you revert back to 1.0 and make her ressurection a single target ability on a medium ultimate cost.
It’s not hard.

1 Like

That’s a bad idea. Worse than OP’s. There was nothing overpowered about Mercy 1.0 so nerfs don’t make sense. Full revert.

1 Like

It came away from the true core of her idea which is an active main healer. Mass ress mercy was statistically balanced; I agree, but it was inconsistent and come away from her main identity.
Trust me, hide and seek Mercy was a thing, I did it countless times.
And it isn’t a nerf, it’s more consistent; mass ress mercy was like throwing a dice

Have you considered that Mercy, much like Reinhardt and Zenyatta, are must picks right now because of the meta and not because of their balance state? And that the meta is not solely based on the strength of heroes, but on those elements present within?

1 Like

I agree. However, the only benefit hide&seek gave was higher SR gains because of the Personal SR Adjustments. That was taken away. We don’t know how Mercy without the invulnerability buff would play out since she got that buff when Ana was OP.

Who argued for any of those things? I certainly didn’t.

And Blizzard clearly has interest in reworking resurrect since they remade her entire character. The problem with CD Rez is it’s overpowered in competitive games. A Rez prevents a 30 seconds of time being drained while someone respawns and walks back to point. It needs to be an ult or it will never be balanced.

Her maximum DPS output is 200. And her pistol ahs the biggest projectile hitbox in the game. That means that she can potentially kill you within a second.

That’s the second highest DPS within the support roster.

That’s like saying Reaper has the highest DPS in the game because he can crit on every hit. It is technically a factual statement that has literally not bearing on the game or it’s balance because it used in that way.

Or you could practice your aim. Her pistol is fine.

You want to nerf the least offensive hero making her incredibly weak. Buff her pistol by a huge margin or her mobility should stay the same.

Reaper’s weapon has massive spread, damage fall off and isn’t projectile based.
Bad comparison.