[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Well blizzard have to know it’s rezzurect, why? Because 1.0 Mercy only thrived below plat and that’s because she’s the only main healer with a skill floror to be consistantly played (with her only competition at the time being Ana)

Not against this either, Lucio and Ana could use some tweaking for sure and Moira needs a bit of help (first step is undoing that “bug fix”
Just saying in this thread Nerfing Mercy is not a solution, she’s survived so many nerfs already and so many people already feel like the hero feels helplesss (even if she’s not) that any nerf ot the actual power would only make it worse

I thought they kept it alive to throw Mercy topics into there as a garbage bin.

2 Likes
  1. Res being an E, delivered to you on a silver platter every 30 seconds, no matter how good you are.
  2. Making an ultimate which eliminates Mercy’s flaws.
1 Like

An opinion, many others have a different one.

I don’t quite agree - Zen’s healing is a “throw and forget” orb and Lucio can just switch to his aura and be in the vicinity of his team. I’d say mechanically the healing is easier for the both of them, although their kits as a whole are not easy to manage.

1 Like

Well I’m just reading and waiting to see how how long before the mods either close this thread or merge it with mercy Mega thread…

I don’t see the point, I gave up on mercy being fun and balanced a while back why are people so attached. Let thme nerf her make her trash tier. Then watch them try and deal the backlash considering mercy players make up a large portion of the community. Want mercy noticed then stop playing her to show the dissatisfaction you feel with her state. They can’t ignore facts that’s she’s no true being picked :wink:

Mechanically sure I guess, but off healers and main healers can’t really be compared.
Pure numbers, Mercy wins with Moira (before the “bug fix”) slightly behind. Now she has a distinct lead in overall healing.

A new ultimate would be pretty fun, the thing is about Valkeryie, while it removes Mercy’s weaknesses, it doesn’t really give her any strengths, she’s just harder to kill and has aoe healing now(damage boost is pretty ridiculous though).

I just wanted to point it out because Mercy often get overly generalized, and I felt I had to point out that she’s not the only one with “easy healing”. Really, only Ana among all supports has a difficult time healing I would say.

I hope Mercy doesn’t get nerfed again. That’s because she’s my favorite character…

2 Likes

Seems just enough to make her as needed as she was in the Battle Moth state.

I really do not like the idea of any the support filling an off-healer role. This needs to be a role filled by a damage/dps character such as 76, Brig, and so on. The characters that fall into the support tag should have a kit as good if not equal to that of Mercy.

1 Like

I think mercy concept guy should be used as another talon healer like mercy but that’s my opinion (focused on pure heals but different iconic abilities and such just infinite heals)

I already did stop playing her not in protet but because I cannot stand playing her, Fortuantely I’m more then happy to try and make Moira work and I’m also a flex so can’t call it throwing

Off-healing is a term that sprouted out out of Zen and Lucio (despite both having low healing numbers and both having seen time to shine with those healing numbers)
The correct term is Utility support as both instead of providing raw heals they provide other utility that only they can give, Zen is Discord and Lucio is speed boost, both of which can grant huge advantages but are a supportive style power
If ever we see a Shield based healer like what Sym was supposed to be or some other non healing hero in the support category that is what they fall into.

Its just enough as she has resurrect in her pocket, its the combination of resurrect & Valkyrie that makes her so useful.

I would rather they bring up the other support to Mercy/Zen level. Than they need to consider comp/synergy with other characters first before adding new healers to this salty soup. I believe this is the biggest issue with OW.

Blizzard really needs to think about how can we bring the supports up to par. Redesign the ultimates if they have to but their should be more comps that can counter than what we have now. I believe Lucio should be an effective health stacking healer while in his AoE. This would make RH look very attractive as one of his tanks. Just consider how can we bring up the other supports and also add other characters to new makeups.

1 Like

EeveeA suggested making Mercy’s res resource-based. Heal more/damage boost more, you earn your resurrect - similar to Torbjorn’s armor.

I feel like that’d fix things. Downtime? Mercy doesn’t make that much progress on her resurrect. She isn’t rewarded for not doing anything, like a static cooldown is currently doing.

2 Likes

Then we get to an issue of too much healing.

XI thought it’d itd it quite cool for lucio to get a speed boost and heal rework.

I thought that the more of the team inside lucio aura wouls increase his speed boost and healing and AOE radius, This gives the inscentive of GROUP WITH LUCIO FOR GOOD HEALS TO EVERYONE but it might lead to lucio being a op must pick but meh we can work the kinks out on the ptr :wink:

1 Like

Could get behind that as long as its a decently long charge rate and not instant.