[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Mercy didnt need to hide always,but that depends on the player too.
And there are ways to make her rez maybe have a counter that if mercy isnt in battle

-LOS
-rezzed players have less health (70/80 % )
-range of rez is smaller,you need to earn larger range by staying in battle
meaning a mercy coming back from spawn will have harder time to teamrez
-less invincibility frames from rezzed people.
-Ult penalty,rezzed people cant use their ults for 5 seconds (might be too harsh)
-Movement Ability penalty ,cant use movement abilities for 2 seconds.

there are many ways to ensure mercy is hiding less ,its all a matter of finding the right way.

I’m in a graviton
click

Soldier ulted my team out in the open
click

I mean, no, but keep perpetuating that. A lot of times if you rezzed in the wrong circumstances, you’d just end up feeding the enemy.

It was a lot of split second decision making.

There are a good number of people who aren’t Mercy mains who can see the good in it, you are just pretty skewed on this one point.

And I didn’t see the devs changing a hero’s ultimate ability completely and failing to balance it and the rest of the kit for 9 (+?) months.

3 Likes

People cry about a lot of things all the time, still fact is, the game is better without mass rez and is not coming back.

a better place…were everyone and their mother is asking for another nerf
after many successive nerfs.

" a better place" indeed

The rework was obviously a fail.

6 Likes

Valk on E concepts are a bit unrealistic as she already has the best mobility for a support.

See, but the last 9 (+?) months prove otherwise. It seems like everyday since the rework every game issue has somehow been because of Mercy, how she’s affecting this and that, and how somehow, some way, she’s tied to it.

That is like your opinion, good luck on mass rez coming back, you are going to need it.

“Sym placed her teleporter on the cliff and I went through falling to my death. I’m sure Mercy has something to do with this :thinking:”

No not really, it was only a problem post rework where Valk was indeed extremely powerful, after they nerfed it and kept tweaking Mercy she is in a more balanced state, the pro scene is a good indication of that, last stage was much more diverse.

Pros and analysts think she still needs a nerf.

Also you forget that post rework where Valk was extremely powerful lasted like 5 months. It took multiple nerfs just to exit that.

Some honestly think she doesn’t have a place in the pro scene for how she is designed and I’d have to agree with them.

it is

a rework should not needso many consecutive nerfs

they underestimated clearly how strong single rez was and had to gimp it to make it remotely fair
destroying the flow of a very fluid character,reducing the fun of many mercy players

Rez should not be an ability for free every 30 seconds ,it needs to be earned

that is a fail.

1 Like

Hmm ok sure, keep telling them that then and good luck on that.

So single rez is so strong that the answer is bringing mass rez back, hmm what?

single rez as an ABILITY

if its an ult then its a different matter

now she gets single rez free every 30 seconds

In the past even a tempo rez she needed to earn and that COULD take more then a minute depending on the battle.

3 Likes

I don’t know what else to tell you man, i disagree with you, but if you truly believe mass res should come back then keep telling them and good luck on that, you are going to need it.

I have no idea why people are still beating this dead horse

1 Like

you dont agree single rez as free ability is better then mass rez you needed to earn ?

the pro’s disagree
she was rarely picked in higher tiers before the rework.

And now they use her most?
I dont remember the most recent stats,need to check

but sure,thnx i guess

There’s a miscommunication going on here.

Neither of us wants the old insta-cast mass rez back

Mass rez should have had a cast time, Di that the enemy would have a chance to react and shut down mass rez before it activates. With a cast time, the Mercy in your example would have been on a suicide mission, flying in 1v6 like that. (Though I wonder why you didn’t use your shatter on her, the moment you saw her on her way towards the corpses).

If you look through the megathread, you’ll find that even the staunchest mass rez supporters agree that it needed nerfs.

Yes, we want mass rez back. But we don’t want the version that was deleted. We want a version that feels more fair to play against.

1 Like

Which depended a lot on getting lucky. Killing the Mercy in time usually came down to guessing which of the usual spots the Mercy would be coming from, so the outcome of many games came down to getting lucky with a guess. That’s not good for the game.

I meant mass vs tempo rez.

Hopefully mass ress does not come back.

1 Like

“She was rarely picked in higher tiers” Which is why I don’t want Mass Rez back. The ult was trash compared to Sound Barrier and Trans.