[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Never said OP.

Only said annoying.

1 Like

Mercy and Ana was my preferred support pair in GM. I played Mercy like an off-support since she had an ultimate that was crazy impactful and very good.

1 Like

I wish so bad but i know it will never happen =[

**Annoying… [20 characters]

This isn’t mercy feedback LOL. This is speculation of a revert or rework XD.

1 Like

Coulumbo is pretty much a troll at this point. I would just ignore him.

5 Likes

That one stings to watch…god I miss it

That ult, that you have to charge of get, has been turned into a 30 second CD ability. To summarize it:

Old mercy ult: rewarding to the mercy as she healed/dmg boosted to get it.

Current mercy ability: not rewarding at all. Anyone can wait for their CD to runout. This further encourages players not to do their job as mercy properly as her most powerfulest ability is on a CD.

Acknowledged. Clearly, he was trying to be a vigilante and enforce forum rules on people but flopped miserably.

Imagine if hero 29 was a new support whose ult was mass rez. Man what a kick to the face that’d be.

Lol if they do that I’ll be so pissed because it would literally mean that they had no ground to rework mercy in the first place.

I think more than just you would be pissed :slight_smile:

I’d honestly start an uprising. Also, I don’t know if anyone’s ever noticed but, when she got reworked, no tutorial video (when you press hero info and click on the arrow button) was made for her ultimate whereas hanzo and symmetra who got reworked got their tutorial videos changed. This go’s to show how much they care about Mercy.

I’ll regain hope for this game if the developers revert Mercy. It’ll show they learned from their big mistake and aren’t afraid to go back on decisions for the sake of making their game better.

Please, bring back mass rez Blizzard ><

Mercy is plenty good enough on her own without tempo rez. Bringing back Resurrect as an ult with certain limitations and making E a toned down Valkyrie would put her into a really good spot.

Almost everyone can agree that Resurrection should be locked behind ult. Except for people who think rez should be removed entirely, but that will never happen.

What they need to do:

E Ability: Valkyrie
Can temporarily chain heal teammates standing close together (10 m range around primary healing target)
Beams that chain off primary healing target heal for 30 HPS
*** Cannot chain power boost ***
Duration: 4 s
Cooldown: 16 s

This gives Mercy some AoE healing potential as well as giving her the ability to put out more healing in general if she needs to.

Ultimate Ability: Resurrect

Instantly resurrect all dead teammates around self. Requires line of sight.
Grants brief invulnerability to self and resurrected teammates.

These changes bring it back to what it used to be only it now requires line of sight to bring back your teammates.
Mercy can’t rez from behind a wall but she could still take cover and revive her team from a grav + dragon combo by flying in.

Over all it makes her focus on preventing deaths. Not having to tempo rez means she’s always healing.
She isn’t potentially sacrificing herself to rez someone.
She isn’t stopping healing / damage boosting to rez someone.
Tempo rez is no longer a crutch for careless players.
Tempo rez no longer negates skillful picks.

Honestly how can anyone be unhappy with changes like these

1 Like

I keep hearing you describe rez as though it rezzed the entire team every time it was used.

Where are you getting your data from? Because outside of grav combos, teammates rarely ever die all at once, in a neat little pile. Mass rez only worked in a 15 meter radius, and souls can only be rezzed up to 10 seconds after their death.

Mass Rez was helpless against scattered, staggered deaths. It made Mercy really bad against coordinated hyper-aggressive comps like dive, since they isolated their victims and picked them off in a way that Mercy would not be able to rez more than one or two people at a time. Dive also starved Mercy of rez uptime, since they killed her teammates too fast for Mercy to farm ult, and harassed Mercy into spending most of the match running back from respawn. Mass Rez sucked at high ranks because people were able to outplay it simply be playing smart.

With mass rez and no Valkyrie, Mercy was bad on disorganized, uncoordinated teams who split up and attacked the enemy individually. Allies were too spread out and their deaths too staggered for mass rez to a able to raise more than one or two at a time, and Mercy couldn’t use Valkyrie as a crutch to heal a scattered team. Mercy was minimally effective at low ranks because players aren’t coordinated enough down there for mass rez to make a real difference.

Now Mercy has Valkyrie to use as a crutch in low ranks, and is actually good on a crazy disorganized team. Now she has rez on cooldown, and she’s good in the high ranks where reversing a single pick can decide the fight.

It’s made Mercy too general purpose. I prefer mass rez, the highly situational double edged sword that demanded increasing amounts of finesse the higher you climbed. It was a good contrast to her ever-reliable base kit of mechanically simple but very consistent healing.

10 Likes

The stars are aligning it could be happening indeed!

5 Likes

It just baffles me how desperate people are to have a skill implemented that they said they won’t put back into the game but yet they still ask. A 100 no’s doesn’t mean you’ll get a yes the 101st time.

Plus Mercy’s will just hide and rez like the not so good old days, and it’s called team coordination, that’s why your team gets wiped. It’s not I press Q and everyone dies no it takes planning to pull off and for Mercy to just come in and press Q and erase all that is just annoying.

1 Like

oh so you mean whenever she uses valk she gets a single res. Yeah that I don’t like, it would take a whole match to get off 3 reses.

We never got a statement saying “no mass rez is never coming back”.

We got one saying “no, we don’t plan to revert her”.

It’s tiring explaining over and over that bringing back mass rez in any shape or form isn’t automatically a revert.

Adding extra restrictions to mass rez (so it feels fair to play against) and changing the E ability to something else would be another rework, which is what many players are gunning for.

1 Like