[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

You’re right, my bad. What I should have said was “Thats why he’s picked”.

Aw crud. Guess Mercy doesn’t need me then :frowning:

3 Likes

you forget to mention they nerfed her rework to oblivion and still haven’t made ana a good alternative to mercy as a main healer.

ana 9/10 is played as a off healer.

;-; time to main sym,torb,and bastion

1 Like

So a whole host of buffs and nerfs have happened to DPS and tanks galore since her re-work but you.
You are the first person to notice it was that evil Mercy all along! (Even after several nerfs)

All those high end players and Blizzard developers all missed it but Psychopuff noticed it. Well done mate best of luck with that nerf! :smiley:

1 Like

Nice triple support meta we are having, thank you overpowered dps for that.

Oh no not triple support, think of the children! What will they ever do now that one DPS slot is taken by a support character!

Also let’s be honest, in most comp games you’re lucky to get one Support…let alone three.

In this post I’m just looking at statistics not opinions.

I have noticed mercy pickrate is sky high at the highest level on every platform and in every meta from dive to brawl

If after all those nerfs she was still must pick in owl there is no other thing than her being op.

Especially when most dps except hanzo where nerfed since 1 year .

1 Like

There just needs to be a healer at least somewhat as great at healing as Mercy. There’s seriously no reason to not have a Mercy on your team. She’s phenomenal at everything.

I’am sure it’s fun to play when you don’t get contested and only die to gravdragon, I personally don’t like 30 minute “shoot the shield, Gravdragon, repeat” style of games, but to each their own, i guess.

So it’s not the fact 2 dps can do the same as 3 after a hero just got a significant damage and mobility buff. No has to be the healer that’s not changes in 2 patches

1 Like

Gee out of the entire cast, only 1 has the ability to heal in the most convenient and efficient way, that is Mercy. If you need a healer and only a healer, then it makes sense to choose her.

That’s like if the game only had 1 pure DPS player, and then complain that everyone chooses it for DPS.

You want a nerfed Mercy? REVERT HER!!! She was completely situational before, and much more fun to play.

1 Like

Devs said she was in third place (overall) prior to this meta.

So she did in fact jump up a lot because of it. The healer pickrates prior to this meta were not concerning.

In addition, she is the ONLY healer that has had her healing increase as damage went up from many many sources.

Ana, Lucio, and even Brigitte had their healing reduced.

She is not unfair to fight and it is not overly difficult to kill a target that she is healing.

The again Mercy has been a problem for a year now. Funny how snipers got better when a hero, that counters their counters, got added to the game.

So let me get this straight a hero gets added that counters sniper counters in the same patch that a sniper receives a significant buff and snipers go meta and your answer is to nerf a healer that wasn’t the added counter or the sniper that was buffed?

3 Likes

Yes, she outclasses every other support in… well Supporting (Healing, Survivability/Dodgyness, and Damge buff as well being a supportive trait) because she’s literally the only pure support in the game and they didn’t have to take her power away from the supporting to have her do damage like Ana, Moira, Lucio and Zen or Tank damage like Brigitte.
I honestly doubt unless they take away some of her versatility again and shift that power back to something niche (cough Revert cough) the only way we can have a wider-spread meta with Supports would be introducing new pure healers rather than just Hybrids into the game.

I agree but I don’t agree nerfing Mercy is the way given the damage output of some heroes they should find ways to sort the rest of the healers.

It’s clear by this revert will never happen but chain nerfing won’t change anything either

Galileo, I choose you!!!

Yes, taking away some of her versatility again does sound like it’d be a nerf, but if they shift that power onto what would be her niche, I doubt she’d become unplayable.
Like if they actually went for it and just revert her back she’d

• have a nichier spot, giving the other healers more chances of getting picked in
    different situations instead of just “Pick Mercy and we’re good”.
  • have her moments of glamour back instead of just pressing Q and hugging the
    skybox for the next 15 seconds
  • be an actual viable counter for the Grav + Dragon combo… even if Damage boosted as long as it doesn’t pull her in as well.
1 Like

lol He’s okay for medium-close range, besides, give him a break, he’s elderly

1 Like