[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It’d be easier to tell if a teammate was nearby at the time >.<

That looked like a latency issue. Do you know what knocked away?

That was Brigitte, but that was after the rez had self-cancelled.

People played Mercy despite all of that.

I wouldn’t mind because she was fun to play. I loved her since launch. Now, I can’t stand her.

I really think that’s just lag/latency, Quizzy.

Has any other people run into this problem?

Or… I assumed it was Brigitte, maybe it was lag. Weird, I usually don’t have lag, but the servers have been unstable as of late.

Problem solved.

20 characters

4 Likes

I don’t think that this was Brigitte. Brig’s knock back has a chain sound and a metallic collision sound if it hit’s. You got hit by Widow i would say.
It really seems like a latency problem.
That can happen even with the best internet connection.

I guess, there was already some weird things going on that game (I mentioned it in a thread, how one teammate was never kicked despite never picking a hero), so it might have been related to that. Just can’t remember seeing the servers this weird before.

Speaking of something different, I did an experiment in QP where I left off picking a hero until the match was about to start. I never had fewer than 3 dps on my team, several times there were 4 or 5 (obviously not counting me). It made no difference if I instalocked, it just resulted in games with 5 to 6 dps. Virtually every time the solo healer was Mercy. I never got a game with two healers if I didn’t fill myself. Tanks were rare to say the least. About every other match we had two snipers on our team.

And people wonder why so many people end up playing Mercy, who else can heal teams like this.

3 Likes

I was one time with a 6 stack in comp and at the point were the sides should have been changed after the points were showen, both teams just got stuck on that blue/reddish point screen. No music or sfx’s just that screen and the chat box/voice chat. My team won after the entire enemy team left, which also lead to the victory screen, with potg and such things (as normal).

Sometimes, weird stuff like that happens.

That is and is not a bug at the same time.

What happened to you was the planned changes they were going to make to Mercy’s rez. Remember when they said they wanted to make it less liable? So skip ahead a few weeks and PTR shows a change to Mercy that does the following:

-Looking away will cancel Rez
-Being stunned/knocked away from Rez target will cancel Rez but not consume the ability, instantly giving it back if not completed

That’s literally what happened. So if I were to guess, they never removed the coding, they just deactivated it and the game had a hiccup.

JUST YOU BEING A CONSOLE PEASANT!!!1111
:stuck_out_tongue:
But seriously, it reminds me LoS res bug which occurs on PC when they introduced sitting-duck res for the first time.

probably half of the people that is involved about this mercy topic on the forms, search it up it isn’t hard. Yes she is the best healer in the game but she isn’t as fun to play anymore in alot of peoples opinions but of course alot of people would disagree.

1 Like

“In a bad place” does not only mean that she is not good enough to keep up with the Meta. That also includes stuff like she is no fun to play anymore or that she is overshadowing other supports, that she is very bad designed and such.

Yeah, I remember it ! Good suggestion tho.

Alright, now I see no problem with it !
(Anyway numbers could be adjusted)

2 Likes

I still wish for a fun and engaging mercy again.

Just to renew my statement

3 Likes

Let’s see… Mercy has no self defense at all and only her GA for surviving. Yes, she has a pistol, but that’s all, and it’s not so great. Giving a 6 seconds cooldown to GA would make it completely pointless, so Mercy would be all the time a free kill. No, thanks, that’s more or less like removing Winston’s jumps. Mercy is by definition a mobile support and she must remain that way. In fact, she is enough not so mobile by now thanks to her current rez.

If you really think that such a meassure would work I suggest you to pick Mercy and play her as if you had such a huge cooldown. You’ll see very soon how you can’t help dying all the time.

I’ll add to your post another fact (I’ve already told it plenty of times, but I’ll repeat it once more). Mercy has too much of her around rez, so removing it would make a huge part of her kit contradictory, an empty memory of the character that she was. Sprays, poses, potgs, lore, statues… all would be suddenly obsoletes, emptys, or even worse, a bunch of cruel jokes, as it happens now with the Halloween’s witch (she has mass rez, but we can’t) and the “huge rez” spray. Also, she is very popular out of the game because of her rez, so removing it would probably kill the character outside the game. Why? Because without rez, Mercy would be simply the typhical support but mobile, nothing else. That’s not epic nor interesting, and that would remove her popularity out of the game. I still remember when mass rez existed and Mercy was the living example of an altruistic and sacrificed support… I miss those days.

6 Likes

First a GA but, now Rez :thinking:
Blizzard cursed your account. I see no other possibility.

For now I’m leaning towards it just being latency, but I have had others that were definitely bugs. Just have to remember to save them!

But I am prone to bad luck when playing, so… maybe they read I was first and foremost a Bioware-fan and cursed me. :smirk:

1 Like

She is the only reliable main-healer that can work with any team comp

How do we fix that?
we need other main-healers heroes ( that do not require aim, since people tend to get plat aim when fights get hectic).

and no, res is not broken considering how easy it is to kill a ressing mercy and how lame her ult is

mercy is fine, we just need more solo-healers

2 Likes