[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Dude myself as winston main, i can tell you mercy is the hardest support to kill. Take my word or no my main ACCOUNT is 3986 master winston with over 600 hours on him between all my accounts.

Guardian-Angel is what make the separation between a Gold/platinum rank Mercy vs a GM one. Her counters are extremely “Soft”.

I can give back to mercy her REZ-ULT and allowing this character have TWO-ULTS like the old-sym but in exchange giving guardian-angel a 6 seconds cooldown

You really need to play her more if you think that GA cooldown is reasonable at all.

1 Like

I… I don’t know what to say.
This is like nerfing Ana so that she needs a 3s break after every shot.

9 Likes

Just a clarification about Mercy’s Resurrect ability:

True, they did say they wanted to keep Rez apart of her kit. However…

Somewhere, I think an interview or something, one of the Developer’s did say that although they wished to keep Rez in her kit, they also implied that if it proved to be too problematic that it can/will be removed.

They said something like they’d be “sad to see it go”, which means that they aren’t entirely opposed to getting rid of it. I feel like this would only occur as a last last resort, though.

You realize that her mobility completely depends from her teammates? If you and/or your teammates are blocking line of sight between enemy Mercy and GA target, she is doomed.

6 Likes

And that last last resort would make her the definition of the most boring hero in the entire game, as well as the best example of “How to F*** up a nearly perfect design”. That’s not the end, it also showes how good the OW dev team is at ignoring thousand and thousand of constructive posts with very well written feedback, analyzes and suggestions.

Apart from the fact that this would be the prove that they are incapable in seeing the real problems, they would also lose a big chunk of the Mercy community, which is after my understanding the biggest money printing machine for them.

I realy don’t want to offend the dev team, the fundamentals of the game are amazing, but doing that would be more than stupid.

7 Likes

I understand you, don’t worry. ^^

Always keep in mind that during the original making of the game the dev team was not alone and many of the other developers came to give them help and shape the game together. This dev team kept together the game on his own only after it’s release… which is when it started it’s decline, first slowly… now this…

Even old man Metzen worked on the making of the game before going home to his kids and i’m pretty sure that Bastion voice is his (yeah it’s a human voice highly elaborated)

4 Likes

To be honest, that sounds weird to me.
The purpose of an ability called “Resurrect” is … to resurrect people right ?
It’s a good idea to add some burst heal to make it less situationnal, but we shouldn’t forget its primary role is to resurrect your team.

As said previously, healing too much could start a tank meta.
Let’s say it heals 100%.
It could heal up to 600hp to every teammate AND resurrect the dead ones ? Sounds like Sound Barrier, but more powerful with no real downside.

Your idea sounds well, might be worth testing it, but considering how GA is already bugged, adding more features could create more bugs and become tricky/frustrating (for example if you want to GA to someone but you GA in the air or the opposite).

I understand your point of view.
Maybe she doesn’t need an E at all, but if we start to return mass rez but in a less powerful version, she might need something to compensate.

• EMP is now her first ability (shift)
    30s cooldown
    Single target only
    5m range
    Instant cast (but will be nerfed 8 times until put on a 1,75s cast time)
  • Invisibility removed
  • New ultimate: Hack the planet
    Sombra becomes invisible for 20s, and she can use her entire kit while staying in stealth mode. EMP is reseted upon activating Hack the planet, and only has 10s cooldown for the duration of Hack the planet (but ofc will be nerfed until EMP is no longer enhanced by her ult).
  • Add a bugged feature not planed at all to translocator people will call “Translo-hop”

Devs keep saying this rework is a success while nerfing it every week

2 Likes

It’s an idea to discourage Hide&Res and to encourage keeping the team alive. At the same time it makes Ana to a counter for Mercy’s Ultimate. She could block that healing, no matter how much HP it brings back.
And it is not overhealing like lucio’s Ult, it’s just healing a certain amount which also needs good timing. Lucio would still have the upper hand against Ana, while Ana counters Mercy.

Well, bugs on Mercy are nothing new. Maybe she needs a rebuild just like Reinhardt?

The healing burst is supposed to be that compensation.

You have good points.

But if mass rez should come back with this tweaks, I prefer the idea to give some healing as a secondary feature. If not, we might aswell rename it “Mass Heal” :confused:

1 Like

It was described as a burst of regenerating energy radiating away from Mercy. It’s just reasonable in my opinion.

gunna keep hoping for a revert to pre-invuln rez ult mercy with some tweaks

5 Likes

I personally find mass ress funner to use than spamming single res every 30 seconds for a teammate who idiotically died.

4 Likes

Here’s the real test of Blizzard’s pride vs their integrity: would they rather remove Resurrect from Mercy’s kit entirely, just to avoid admitting their mistake by putting it back on her ult?

The fact that I’m not sure which way they’d go scares me.

3 Likes

Another rez-bug for my collection - any idea what might have happened? You can almost tell that I was surprised by my lack of reaction the first seconds.

Soon I’ll have enough to post on the bug-forum.

1 Like

The idea of rez coming with a mass heal (at least the one that this conversation is talking about) originally came from the rework I proposed a while back on this thread:

Heyo, I’ve got another rework suggestion! Feel free to point out any flaws in this, and I’ll go back and edit this post to fix them:

Valkyrie
Moved to E ability
Chain beams removed
Uninterrupted regeneration removed

Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds (begins after Valk finishes, for a minimum downtime of 16 seconds between Valk uses)

Free flight and stronger beams.
25% stronger healing (75 hps)
Damage boost also provides a 15% movement speed bonus to the target

Ressurect
Now an ultimate ability (again)
Reworked from previous versions for balance.

Revives all dead allies in a 15 meter radius
Line of Sight restricted
Cast time added: .8 seconds
Mercy’s personal invulnerability removed

New feature: in addition to raising dead teammates, all living allies in range (including Mercy) recieve a 200hp burst heal upon a successful cast

Quality of Life changes

New hero option: “Guardian Angel prefers beam target: “contextual”.”
Mercy will fly to who she targets. If no one is being targeted, she will fly to her beam target by default.

Angelic Decent: rate of decent has been adjusted from a featherfall to a glide. Mercy will now be able to move between nearby platforms on her own, giving her greater freedom in positioning.

Note: Mercy’s regen delay may need a nerf in order to balance out all this extra mobility.

As you can see, Brawl and I have different opinions on how the mass heal should work. I should probably clarify that I’d want the mass heal to only activate after Mercy has rezzed someone. If nobody is dead, she won’t be able to press Q for a burst heal.

1 Like

I think that’s some form of lag?? You appeared further away from the soul in like a second, and the Rez cooldown didn’t start either.

It happens to me a lot, and my connection isn’t too good. I think it’s lag.

I don’t think so, me moving was because I was still in Valk and was trying to strafe a bit to avoid the Widow.