[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It wouldn’t. In the past, you could get mass Rez very quickly.

The only way some healers could compete with the current Mercy (cough cough Ana) would be if they were OP.

This would just cause a power creep and it would just end in more nerfs

1 Like

Exactly, I agree with you.

I remember the old rez clearly and it was horrible to play against.

It was balanced tho?

No, Mercy is balance according to the developers.

20 character required

I’ll fix it for you; 'Nerf Mercy for the other healer’s sake’. Mercy 1.0 was terrible. This continueing Mercy Meta is also terrible. I don’t want to trade one for another. Rez needs to be locked within her ultimate. One instant rez during Valk.

That is what I wrote in the Mercy thread, but add a shield bubble around Mercy as her secondary ability that absorbs damage and increases her healing and boosting ability similar to Zarya. She probably needs a second rework if they plan to move rez back as part of her ultimate kit with valky.

Or a rework, that’s better

Valk should stop being her ult, simple

While I do like the argument of “revert her just so the other healers have a chance” we would still end up right back where we started, with Hide n Res being a prevalent problem. And there’s no way to really fix that. Going over a few popular “fixes”…

• Increased ult cost just promotes the hide n Res strat. Res’s become harder to get, so it encourages the Mercy to play safer and hold on to it for the bigger saves. You don’t make something harder to get if you want it to be used more often.

• LoS wouldn’t do jack squat, and I seriously wonder if people who think it’d magically solve everything are (or rather, were) playing the same game. 90% of mass Res’s involved Mercy staying back behind cover (or sometimes outright running away and hiding, yes they’re different) then once the team dies, she would come flying out to the souls and pressing Q once she GA’d close enough. At that point, she’s already in LoS of most, if not all the souls. The “die on point” meme would still be alive.

• Removing invincibility wouldn’t stop Res. People seem to forget Res was instant. You have to stop her before she pops it either way, you can’t “stun her out of ult” like you can Lucio or Rein. It literally doesn’t work like that without a cast time.

• Which brings me to this. A cast time would make Mass Res pathetically underwhelming. Might as well just keep solo-Res, because I promise, if you do it on more than one person, you will be focused down and demolished as your team isn’t able to protect you anymore.

Worst case scenario they need to do another rework. But there’s no way “revert and nerf” is going to be a viable solution.

Valk is a strong ability though. Mercy absolutely does not need more survivibility. If anything, Mercy needs some of her survivibility removed. Guardian Angel in general needs to be toned down a little. The CD is a bit ridiculous, and she needs to be able to be knocked back and off trajectory from her GA target. Heros with knockback can just do nothing against Mercy’s seemingly iron-clad movility with GA active; I fail to see why she and she alone should be immune from knockback at almost all available times to her.

I don’t see what a rework would accomplish. Tweaking the current kit isn’t a rework, and that and some toning down is all she needs. Rez needs to be only available during Valk -and Valk is a strong ultimate even without that-, and Mercy’s risk/reward needs to be reevaluated. That’s about it.

Please, Blizz, make rez an earned ability. It would make her much more exciting to play.

(Not saying that she isn’t now, for the people who find her fun in her current state)

why should she be looked at again

Subjectively, to make her fun for everybody that mains her. The way she was fun to all Mercy mains before the rework. No Mercy main ever complained about her before. Mostly, because she satisfied all of us.

I hate seeing so many disagreements over her. Hate seeing Mercy mains so divided over it.

7 Likes

This just in.

Someone made a thread about mods locking/404ing threads about Mercy and it got locked and presumably 404ed.

That would be me…

Oh.

Uhh, I think it was my thread actually.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/tell-us-why-you-keep-deleting-moving-mercy-threads/130386

Yep. Also:

Ffs, this is ridiculous. Freedom of speech just isn’t a thing in these forums I guess.

2 Likes