[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I just want her to be fun again, if u make any future thread about idea on Mercy changes that will make her more enjoyable just call me and ill be there to support you, #Mercymainsunite

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Maybe if we all help eachother be noticed the Devs will finally listen or something :blush:

2 Likes

Revert with tweaks, add better LOS, no invincibility and a cast time if needed then give her something small on her E like a small valk or cleanse. Even make her ult charge rate slower, I donā€™t care, just make her fun again and get rid of rez on E.

1 Like

I like the idea of Valkyrie though.

My ideal Mercy would be that for her base kit, she has some E ability that is not too good. Then when she ults (Valkyrie), her E ability gets replaced by res and she can resurrect her teammates one by one while in Valk (can add some limits?)

1 Like

Yeah I mean but what else could replace resurrect.

Iā€™ve seen some ideas from pre rework like a cleanse or giving someone the ability to not go below 1 hp for a few seconds.

But Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re the best and a cleanse ability is basically just a big middle finger to Ana

Just delete valk and make rez her ult in some form again. Also give her some utility with an e-ability. That way the rez ult doesnt have to be super strong.

1 Like

But isnā€™t the ā€œsupport that only healsā€ role already taken by Moira? I mean, she offers no utility besides healing, and only DPSing with her completely beats the purpose of her kit.

1 Like

Yet she still can deal damage. Moira literally has to deal damage to get her healing. Meanwhile Mercy should not be using her pistol except for rare times where you have to.

1 Like

Literally this what ive been saying forever, they should do this

How about we just buff other healersšŸ‘

2 Likes

But that would make sense :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No. It made her mandatory just like now.

Mercy old rez basically refilled her next rez by 30-50% instantly due to rebound of her team

That wouldnā€™t work because they would just be picked aside her over zenyatta. She will still be main healer

Yeah I agree, a LOS check should mean only the heroā€™s in her line of sight get rezzed. Basically how Sombraā€™s EMP works.

1 Like

Can even be something weaker. Maybe take some parts from Valkyrie? Like chain beams or unlimited ammo.

Wait I have an interesting idea:

• Caduceus Blaster
    • No longer available as a second weapon option
  • Battle Angel
    • E ability
    • When activated, Mercy switches her weapon from Caduceus Staff to Caduceus Blaster with infinite ammo and increased firing speed (like in Valkyrie now)
    • Lasts for 10 seconds, can be canceled early by pressing the button again
    • Has a cooldown between 10-30 seconds?

So basically instead of switching between weapons freely, Mercy has to use E to basically activate ā€œpistol modeā€, which will not make her strength (consistent healing/support) even stronger but will be a relatively situational ability. It will be fun to use but not unbalanced or overused/game-changing at the same time

im playing since open Beta and i miss Mercy 1.0. That was the best Mercy. Yea, sometimes she was hiding to res more people, but it wasnt easy! If she succeeded in it, she deserved the huge res.

7 Likes

Making it an ult would not remove the restrictions, thereā€™s a reason why there are so many restrictions right now in the first place.

You have to earn the rez right now by knowing when to rez and when not to.

Making it an ult would not increase her skill ceiling lol. One of the reasons they made it an ability in the first place was because having an undo button for an ult was too easy.

1 Like

Pretty sure the dps community would be in meltdown if they had to deal with mass res and brigitte in the same build lmao

The thing is, E res is more frustrating to play against for many. Also Mercy was one of the best balanced heroes in the game, the current version of her is far away from that.

But even with a revert other sups like Ana and Lucio would still need some buffs.

6 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks immunity should stay? We could instead make it charge 20% slower. Removing immunity automatically means res isnt reliable anymore. Both Zen and Lucio receive the effects of their ults (Zen even becomes immune) I dont think its fair for the mercy or her team in general to be able to lose their main healer when that said healer is using the ult the way its supposed to be used.

1 Like