[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Anti nade is actually one of the strongest abilities. The reason most people don’t realize this is because a lot of Anas have to use them to save themselves, resulting in the enemy team never having to really face the horror that is anti-nade in crucial situations.

5 Likes

Too true; I can’t recall how many epic action movie moments I’ve had where I chuck a nade at the enemy in a ‘my time is up, it’s now up to you; go my friends! Fight!’ style as I proceed to die and hope for the best because I didn’t use it on myself.

2 Likes

I’m watching old gameplay and boy do I miss mass rez. Me and my friends were playing Mercy and we were lamenting…

The only reason boxing is so popular is because of the rework. You need range to melee, so you can rez at ease. Paintball? Shoot rezzing Mercy, win. It was so fun and dynamic with old rez, I wish we could get old states of heroes for customs (Mass rez, Old Sym options, Scatter arrow - etc.)

9 Likes

That would be fun for once!

2 Likes

The best part? People who don’t want to deal with it in their comp/QP/arcade games don’t have to. You can have any mode you want with mass rez, scatter, etc. I know for Simon Says modes, scatter-dodge was a very popular ‘challenge’. Symmetra run too, which will be more difficult/will require more Syms.

Mass rez is still there (Witch in Junkenstein) and since the Summoner is there, shield gen will be as well - meaning old Sym.

Imagine a Valkyrie Summoner and a slow af Summoner Resurrect every 30 seconds that can be cancelled! Imagine how EASY Junkensteins revenge would be. Completely just ignore the Mercy. Until she uses Resurrect or kill her in the sky with Deadeye!

You know? When uprising event was coming I hoped Blizz would keep Mercy in her old form only for that mode. My plans were to come back and enjoy that event, only playing arcade. Sadly, it didn’t happen, so I only played 3 games because I wanted to see the new map, but only that. At least no one picked Mercy so it wasn’t painful to see. I tried Moira and picked Widow for the last one (wanted to see my Nova skin).

I still have my old potgs saved, and I miss having impact in the games and a fluid game, and in the end, playing/watching Mercy. Not this slow motioned, boring, coward and bad designed moth.

P.S.: Did anyone completed that event at legendary mode with current Mercy?

Yeah, but that’s more salt in the injure because you see it used by a bot, but you know you can’t even dream now with doing such a thing with her kit. Now the Junkenstein’s witch is more Mercy than Mercy, and that really hurts.

7 Likes

Not sure how you people feel when you hear the voice line “Heroes never die” just to see people die right below you since you can’t save people from a ulting genji or grav or dragon strike or focus fire…Really makes me mad.

6 Likes

I solved that problem entirely, i’m not playing the game

Do you mean like this ?

It’s so painful to watch…

5 Likes

Yeah pretty accurate.

1 Like

We already established that, if Mercy says that, she only means herself.
#badjoke

6 Likes

Buff idea:

Resurrect:
Cast time increased from 1.75 seconds to 2 seconds
Cooldown time decreased from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
Can be cancelled at any time during 2 second cast time by hitting resurrect button, cancellation triggers 10 second cooldown

Valkyrie:
Grants second resurrect charge upon activation
Resurrect cast time decreased to 1 second during duration of ult
Movement speed decreased by 35%

Your idea is sure enough particular but i’ve found two possible problems with it:

1. if you say the word “buff” on any other corner of the forum except this thread they will stop reading, so we can’t even propose it, reworking her from the ground seems a far nicer option

2. to me this is more a nerf then a buff, mobility is already bad for new Mercy… let’s try to give her some more instead of less…

First of all. That is a very strong buff. The problem is on one side that Mercy is already strong enough so a buff is not justified and on the other side is the fact that it’s not fixing the Valkyrie Mercy problem at all.
Also, players would again use Val only for the better res, which the dev team don’t like.

Could be that i don’t give the live version of ress the same value i used to give it before so for me a movement nerf is more heavy then an ability buff, maybe you are right and it’s me who can’t see it objectively as i’m using Mercy more on the mobility side to bring effectiveness to the party rather then ressing. Could be i’m wrong!

Taking in account that one player makes noticeable difference only at highest levels of game, you are playing Mercy right way :female_detective:

Thank you!

I play the movement based Mercy as well (in my opinion the best way to play her), but as someone who uses res already rarely (if i play Mercy) and well timed, i can tell you that Val would be abused to get the two, far easier ress. Two fast individual ress are very strong. I would say it’s almost like the version were we only had instant res in Val, which was OP as well.

It’s not as bad, but also far too strong.

1 Like

I finally realized the comparison I’ve been trying to think of.

The devs are like George Lucas and the original Star Wars. They keep sticking their fingers in something they made that people loved, and each time they do it gets just a little worse and causes huge shifts in character development or visuals (Han shooting second, making things that looked alright look absolutely awful with bad CGI).

6 Likes