[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Old rez gave significant number advantage, and first version of Valkyrie allowed it as well. That’s where fun was: actually turning fight around.

Resurrecting only one teammate, so they can use their ultimate to save the day, isn’t fun, since it’s not you who actually does that.

4 Likes

and I think there was also a fun danger aspect
what I mean is in Valk the idea of diving back down and being in line of sight again ( the most fun I had was going for rezes and feeling that widow shot go right past my ear.) that’s fun as well

Fun danger is still there, when you attempt risky res. But, mostly, people can ignore Mercy now and they won’t be punished for it, especially with Valkyrie.

there are two things I loved about Mercy 1.0
Impactful Feeling
Fair Vulnerability

the current rez danger factor dosen’t have the fair aspect to it
being reaquired to take dangerous positioning is one thing, being given concrete shoes in that same position is quite another.

It is fairly bad to show a mistake in judgment as a designer as judgment is the foundation of design that is because design is a thought process towards some end or path. If the foundation is in question the everything that a designer has done is in question, and when that happens they rarely will late long in their position.

Greetings from the Megathread. This place looks like the wasteland from Mad Max. Desolate, hopeless, and full of death :skull:

So I said that “megathread has a point” will be trashed.

https://i.imgur.com/mzFEG6A.png

Totally nailed it xd The joke continues.

If by hiding, you mean ducking for cover to not taking a High Noon or Dragonblade to the face, then yes. This “you had to hide all of the time” argument is worn well past any semblance of an argument. Quit using it.

Umm…how about people enjoyed her when she was considered a trash pick? People want her FUN ago play again. It doesn’t have to do with viability. How is it so difficult for you people to understand? I mean, this isn’t even a critical thinking scenario.

All it takes is revert poor design choices. Internal testing won’t reveal all flaws supposedly perfect design has. And that’s why you do small changes, unlike Blizzard.

4 Likes

I posted this is another thread, but it definitely applies here:

If you think such a powerful ability should be placed on E, you are out of your freaking mind. If you HONESTLY believe that a regular ability should be so restricted, so regulated, so crippling, you are absolutely crazy. This is a REGULAR ability we are talking about. It should be able to be used whenever like sleep dart or deflect. It shouldn’t be a suicide button during a team fight. Mercy needed something to be able to be used DURING engagements for her E. It was what was asked for a LONG time ago. Not this garbage that goes against their vision of Mercy being fluid and mobile.

Mercy has the most team-reliant regular ability in the game, and that is on top of having the most team-reliant survivability, and now extremely team-reliant ult. Not EVERYTHING about a character should fall onto the fate of their team. THAT is poor design.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think that if people actually spent ten minutes in the mega threads that they’d actually understand the problems with which people are concerned. Devs included, apparently.

“If you let your team die.” This again? REALLY? It didn’t work the first 1827336 times. Can we just stop?

Edit: OMG. You actually think trying to get the x5 rezzes was more beneficial to your team? Over temp rezzing??? What?!

Actually, can we really blame them? It’s hard to follow the thread when it’s constantly bombarded by “YOU ONLY WANT MERCY BE OP AGAIN” posts and all these posts from another closed threads about Mercy.

If I was new, I’d be very confused.

And sure, we could summarize it once again, big size words, bolded, and such… But then another thread will be trashed and your post will vanish.

Usually it was “my healing isn’t enough to sustain that damage. Better hide and bring them back later” vs “we all die together”

2 Likes

If you spent ten minutes in here, you would know. Plus, it’s been months. There really is no excuse.

Exactly. Mercy can’t heal through a Pharah ult. Lol

I’m kinda sure in ten minutes we would find mostly “change Mercy vs. Mercy is fine”.

Isn’t Zen the only one who can do it?

Feedback on this is completely subjective and people don’t agree with the narrative in here on a lot of issues

Like I personally think Mercy can be pretty high impact but it requires risk taking and is completely depended on your ability to survive and the only change I’d like to see on her for now is the Rez tether being extended so you cant break it by moving back or from a few boops and I’m not even close minded to instant rez in valk

Saying shes boring and weak irks me though - and I’m sure other people have had completely different experiences and feel completely different ways about it

“Mercy is boring.”

“Mercy is not fun to play.”

“Valkyrie needs changed.”

“The slow on rez feels bad and punishing.”

I feel like those are pretty common complaints.

And yeah, Zen is the only one who can really heal through Rocket Barrage.