[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Speaking of Pro’s more and more are going over to Fortnite and honestly valid point well made.

This game is heading into an unplayable territory.

Issues from Season 1 Competitive have snowballed into Season 10.

Mercy has a skill that can’t be ultilise unless she hides. Her Ultimate is lackluster and underpowered for the experienced Mercy.

Ana can’t heal through shield and Dive comp Meta lowered her Viability.

Doomfist was somewhat decent on release but they nerfed him into the ground and he more of a disruptive nuisance

Brigitte for a Healer she is a freaking nightmare to handle.

Mei Ultimate was a nuisance because it could capture everyone and they nerfed it but now they buffed it and her primary is a nuisance to handle…

Stun Meta is ridiculous with the Brigitte and Doomfist combo

The One Trick Pony idea in this game has dominated the game far too long and players who are Flex players can no longer effectively fill and cover the base anymore.

The idea that a META has to apply to everything is suffocating this game as people can’t think beyond the word competitive hence 6v6 Elimination is so pitiful to watch. I’m seeing mistakes that we active arcade players have learned to avoid because it is a blatant route to take.

SR System has never been accurate since what you end on is what you start with so the idea of a Seasonal reset is pointless.

Competitive requirement is only level 25, there are no other requirements to join and if a newblett joins, the quality of the match drops dramatically

Still has the core problem of Val.

1 Like

Nice idea but might not work giving the time available in a match. The current Res is actually running off same Ult charge value as Mass Res.

Also how would you tie in the single target res? Res is quite an essential part of her kit a unique selling point to her character more so than free flight.

The reason that Mass Rez became hated was that it lost its risk with the invulnerability. Mass Rez needed Visible Risk in its use otherwise it felt unfair. It once had that, but I think for future that the cast time has to be before the effect goes off.

With Mass Rez having clear risk makes it respectable and can kill Hide n’ Rez, so that strat cannot be viable.

i particularly enjoy people that are calling her fun now,but if you check their stats they dont play her,ever

4 Likes

You are completely misusing the term hide and rez. That term only applied to mass rez. The current strategy for rezzing someone does not even resemble the old strategy I was referring to.

You have consistently misunderstood what myself and others are trying to say. It’s not a fruitful discussion, especially since there is absolutely no chance of Mercy ever being changed back. So, I’m going to mute this thread.

Peace y’all.

an actually still fairly recent change would have solced that even with ininvicbility

=>ult charge is lost if interrupted.

So a mercy if mass rez had cast time could waste her ult,but not necessarily die.

This would maybe have been the answer seasons ago

1 Like

Sums it up pretty well.
The biggest problems i see are to much CC abilities (slow downs, stuns, knockbacks), powercreep, performance based SR and (if It’s to dominant) Dive.

All cause major frustration. And they never were fixed properly…

2 Likes

Blizzard please just gimme that

Problem with CC isn’t abundance of it, but how heroes that supposed to be countered by one can easily avoid it. CC should have less power on less mobile heroes.

I think it’s more the lack of stuff which counters CC abilities. I think CC is not that bad, but it needs something general to keep it in check. (No new hero, but an overall change)

1 Like

Many of my friends still play OW, but much less then they used too. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve met others thou and that’s what’s helping stick with OW.

They really appreciate my Mercy play, and I like to be the group Mercy. Just wish that Mercy made nice plays, but right now the gameplay isn’t clutch. :confounded:

But Mercy is the character that I truly like, so I’ve just had to roll with the changes :weary:

4 Likes

Remember the Valk build where you got two instant rezzes to use right off the bat?

Charging in to rez those two people, one after another, felt pretty bad@$$. This time you only get one rez if you use Valkyrie as soon as you get it, but if you bide your time you can earn more charges by basically charging your ult again after you’ve already earned it.

As soon as your “bonus ult” charge hits 100%, you get an additional rez to use in Valkyrie and the bonus meter resets.

Sounds pretty weird to me to charge again the ult meter, but why not !
It cannot be worse than what we have now…

In a video from “ohNickel” Jeff states in his AMA from a year or so ago that “he loves comp a lot. and he is a platinum player. and believes that he could get to diamond maybe.” i’ve put the video URL below if you wish to see.

/youtu.be/TKxKDH4RDsQ?t=3m18s

Any feed back from devs?

Winrate pickrate she’s balanced stop crying

More or less.

Was that the msg from devs?

Jeff wrote in another thread her pickrate and winrate are good and they dont think there is anything wrong with her. The forum mods moved the post in here.

Here you go.

I’ll do it in moderation and with measured words.

2 Likes