[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I agree with the guy who said to stop posting in the megathread. It’s pointless now, no one on the dev team actually reads it or considers the feedback so there is no point to keeping in here. It’s just to silence us which is disgusting, post your threads outside this cesspool.

I have an idea: remember the suggestion to put Mercy’s old mass rez on a charge system? The ult charge requirement would deliberately be relatively low, but filling the meter gives you one (stackable) rez charge, good for rezzing a single person. You can fill the ult meter up to five times for five charges, which are all spent when you press Q.

Smoosh that together with Valkyrie. Lower the duration to under 10 seconds, and use the instant single-target rez from past builds. Mercy would pop valk and then go flying around rezzing using the rez charges she’s built up, while the enemy frantically tries to catch her.

1000 comments in 2 days, imagine if those were individual threads that all had to be locked and merged with the main feedback thread…

No other ultimate gives such moral boost. That is something Valkyrie will never had.

6 Likes

Being able to sneak onto a control point and save the game was amazing, now there’s almost no way to save a team fight if someone is down. The game is honestly so boring without having Mercy’s old ult, I would have loved more characters with cool counter ults like mass rez. :confused:

6 Likes

What are you on about? Hide and rez died with the loss of 5 man rez.

Where have you been? The only way Mercy is played now is with selfish gameplay. Hide and rez is everywhere now. Even more than before since its every 30 seconds.

Rezzing out in the open is suicide, you have to hide behind a nearby wall or something similar.

1 Like

You guys misunderstand.

Hide and rez was the strategy where Mercy went completely missing from the team fight and told everyone to die on point so that she could swoop in and instarez 5 people.

What happens now where someone uses cover to pull off a rez is not hide and rez. It has nothing to do with the strategy people called hide and rez because that strategy is now impossible.

No. It’s literally the best way to play her now.
Stay as far away as possible from the fight. No need to risk anything.

8 Likes

Look, if you are using the phrase “hide and rez” to mean anything other than the old Mercy strategy of hiding to pull off a 5 man rez then you are misusing the term.

What happens now is not hide and rez. It’s using strategic cover to pull off a rez. “Hide and rez” literally only meant one thing, hide, then GA to team (out in the open), use instarez. You can’t do that now.

Tested and checked by Blizzard :joy:

No I understand perfectly well what you meant by hide n rez.

Blizzard could have fixed that without deleting Mercy’s ult in the process.

5 Likes

No, they couldn’t.

I can only find 6 month old data on you… the idea of Dying as a Team doesn’t work… not that it isn’t a viable strategy… it does work for 2 legit reasons.

Reason 1: To Make it work the Mercy player has to stop any form of healing and a lot of Mercy put effort in keeping their team mates alive. The only time major/massive death occur is if Mercy is dead and returning from spawn or if she takes cover from an ult.

Reason 2: Not a lot of players are willing to do the Die Together suggestion… Die on Point, Die on Payload, Die close together… this rarely happens… and if Mercy is still actively healing, then people won’t die.

Your data is so old I can’t really make out what you normally play… But it seems you are a Damage Dealer Main meaning you are usually the first to lock in and will not fill in for support. Have you actually played Mercy on an active basis to get to know the difference between Tempo and Mass Res? Or the fact her Base Healing Kit is so strong, a good Mercy can solo manage her team and outright neglect the need to use Resurrect or Valkyrie.

To use a Res carelessly, means to bait your team into an ult counter, Mercy res was essential when trying to ult counter the opposing team, you can’t waste 4 ults knowing a Mercy still has res and you can’t res knowing the enemy team has resurrect reserved.

Valkyrie is bad because it causes a skilled Mercy to have no further room to play or enhance their gameplay. If an engagement is lost, they cannot do anything to overturn that. Resurrect is basically ineffective during a defensive Point Capture if majority of enemy team is present… and Valkyrie can only stagger and doesn’t tip the scale enough during the mid to end portion of an engagement.

You claim she is fun, rather than state an opinion, please reason with us and convince us why she is fun to play and how she is beneficially better for the team than her previous self.

At this current moment, there is a undeniable fact that Mercy is the strongest consistent healer. You don’t need Valkyrie to be a good healer. If we are talking AoE Healing in terms of Ultimate, Zenyatta would be the better choice and he has better offensive capabilities than Mercy.

The only reason she is fun is if a inexperienced Mercy cannot make full use of her abilities or if you are someone who prefers the passive hide and seek strategy.

2 Likes

LoS requirement
Cast time (no slow/root effect)
No sr bonus for huge rezzes (already implemented for diamond+ ranks)
Compensation buff: living allies get a burst heal.

There. It gets progressively riskier to use rez the more teammates are dead, and there’s no incentive to even do hide n rez anymore.

1 Like

Thats not really true considering only the High Ranked players have been doing it and they themselves play to a more passive playstyle and are doing it to farm SR.

Hide and Res is a relatively vague accusation to make.

Res is generally used during an exchange of ultimates so would you prefer if Mercy stood in the open? No, any sane person would logically take cover.

Then there is the matter of returning from spawn. When Mercy goes down there is usually a general panic as people scatter in an attempt to survive. Mercy telling people to stay close as they die is completely valid.

Also the differences in Passive and Aggressive Mercy.

Aggressive Mercy are generally Battle Mercy, Mercy who engage with the team and die with the team. Using the Pistol to Pistol Whip and assist in kills, Healing and Damage Boosting to the best of their ability as they actively utilise Guardian Angel to its fullest extent, occasionally shot calling and keeping a general tab of player positioning.

A Passive Mercy will be station towards the rear, prioritising their own survival. They only heal to best of their ability without taking needless risk.

The ironic retort I ever got in Megathread 1 9 months ago was the fact high level/ranked Mercy players were criticising me on the fact I HEALED TOO MUCH and therefore I was denying deaths.

I don’t see what is wrong with that. I rather keep my team going without the need to use res, I rather keep it as a trump card.

Therefore Lumin, you need to ask yourself this… how many Mercy players do you see, actually stopping themselves from healing and telling you to die… like legit bail from the fight? In my time as a Mercy I only say it when I am dead and returning to point.

Also is an aggressive Mercy like myself considered bad for denying deaths through healing and actually engaging with the team?

People told me I should shut up and be grateful for 2.0 and 2.1… but the fact of the matter is… if the changes was made to buff Passive Mercy to be engaging? What happens to the Aggressive Mercy who pride themselves on mastering Mercy to play Aggressively? I’ve solo wiped an entire team with 2.0 on the PTR and Triple and Quadruple my stats with 2.1 playing even a tiny bit serious was virtual overkill.

4 Likes

I’m not talking about Res. I’m talking about her general gameplay. You have to hide with everything you use (apart from her base kit).

Same was with the old res, the difference now is that you don’t really need to think with res, that it’s more frustrating to play against (and with) and that it’s not allowing you to do your main job.
Hide&rez was pulled off by the worst Mercy players and exploiters. And that very rare and unsuccessful for the majority of the time.

Yea, it’s “hide all the time”.

There were more than enough possibilities. They just got pressured by pros and that nonsense.

1 Like

No, the concept of Hide and Res is mandatory. You literally cannot pull it off without risking death or losing 4/5 of your Health in the process and unlike the original release version of Mass Res.

This version is trade 1 for 1 not 1 for 1~5… to best execute the current Res, most Mercy take cover behind a wall or around a corner of turtle up behind a shield.

Also it is the DPS duty to kill Mercy so they need to keep tabs of her position. Old or New… it is your job to make the vital elimination. Not spam as much damage into a Roadhog and let her feed off of it for her ultimate.

2 Likes

Rate this Valkyrie rework:

Duration: 8 seconds
Ult charge: around what mass rez was
No more chain beams
Healing/damage boost effectiveness is increased by 50%

Mercy gets 1 single-target instarez charge when she activates Valkyrie. Mercy can increase that number of charges she gets in Valkyrie by filling the ult meter again after Valkyrie becomes available (up to 4 times for a total of 5 charges). At the end of Valkyrie, all remaining rez charges are lost.

Mercy’s E ability is no longer rez.

1 Like