[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Please explain. Testing includes potentially having your stats altered, or your progress lost due to changes, but stats and progress carry over to release, in form that made it.

For example, if ability didn’t make it to release, all related stats will be erased; if it does, stats moved to main game, like you already used that ability in main game earlier.

1 Like

Just because there are other options doesn’t mean we can’t miss the old version.

4 Likes

Thank god viabilty and strenght of Mercy is relevant to the devs :wink:

Not sure how to explain it, but I do know that quite a few games haven’t kept progression between their betas and the final product, so Overwatch isn’t an outlier.

That’s the only thing relevant to them and there lies the problem. How do you still not see that?

1 Like

Probably trying to avoid beta testers abusing their early progress to bully players, that didn’t test anything. Even then, beta testers usually receive some symbolic in-game item, not always useful, just as sign, that they helped to test game.

Overwatch has none of that, so people have little incentive to join PTR, other than curiosity.

Sure. But to be it’s kinda not fun when a pro players advice for Mercy players is to be selfish :V

2 Likes

Yes, advice like that for TEAM-based game…

Feels a bit strange, isn’t it?

1 Like

I had a response from DBLTAP/Minute Media after my second email earlier this morning.

At least they replied, it’s just unfortunate that their opinion appears to differ with what most of us feel here about Mercy and the way Blizzard have poorly handled the whole situation. I’ll go ahead and contact other media websites probably over the weekend to see what kind of feedback I might get from them, it should prove interesting.

2 Likes

That’s a much more reasonable response than anything Blizzard have put out.

4 Likes

Definitely. Shame DBLTAP aren’t Blizzard then we might get more reasonable responses :stuck_out_tongue:.

Complains about “NO FUN” Is not the problem, hero is perfectly balanced. Basic gameplay of Mercy is exactly the same as prerework gameplay. She is even more mobile and has better utility with res on E. I still dont see how it was FUN to hide while everyone is dying then flying in spamming Q and massrezing everyone canceling great plays by opponents. MassRez - wasnt fun to play with and against. MassRez is definition of anti-fun ability.

MassRez was great to play with: it means that fight isn’t over yet, and it gives moral boost as well - you are back in fight, it’s still can be turned around.

And answer honestly: is it fun to be annihilated by one of numerous damage ults?

2 Likes

Honestly, I think they’ve done both looking at past actions. They just do whatever they want. Whatever “feels” right to them.

1 Like

Don’t you play the game for fun, then? Fun is important. The basic gameplay isn’t the same since rez is an ability. That means there isn’t as much consequence to letting someone die by accident. And not being able to take out a Mercy when you can see where her beam comes from isn’t her hiding. Hiding would be not healing and wasting a rez ult for nothing.

Mass rez was fun to play with. I can see where you’re coming from with your point against it, though. Personally, I wouldn’t mind to have mass rez nerfed, be it in range or in survivability as Mercy, as long as it becomes an ultimate again and not the undo button you get for free now.

2 Likes

It’s not. I never done that, even while SR Exploit thing. Hiding to not be killed as well, yes, but not with expectations they all should die on point so I could get my huge res and POTG.

Usually you still need to be hidden. And it’s great to have some more mobility, because nowadays dive attackers won’t stop until you are dead.

True, but also, how often these great reses were cancelled, because Mercy miscalulated when she should use it.

3 Likes

You dense <insert you know which profanity here>!

What’s a game supposed to be about? Right. FUN
What are we complaining about? A lack of said fun.

3 Likes

That was really not needed.

1 Like

#rektus

[20 character]

It’s almost as if it’s too simple to grasp.
And yes, that wasn’t needed. Leave emotional responses to the DPS mob on Reddit, please.