[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You have entire megathread filled with position opposite to the one you suggest,you literally argue against reality in front of your eyes and yet you say ā€œignorance is a blissā€? God bless you.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what the PTR was supposed to be for. But somehow their idea of playtesting was to put it up for a week and push through without changing a thing. Regardless of all the feedback they received, and still are receiving in continuations of that very thread.

Edit: I might be confused between the original rework and the nerfs but my point is still that it feels like weā€™re being ignored.

1 Like

You canā€™t realistically use the PTR for anything but bug testing. The PTR playerbase is too disorganized and random, worse even than QP. Possibly because it requires a separate installation and not just a toggle in the options menu.

Not to mention, the PTR is PC-only.

Matter of opinion then because she is not fun to play AS. What we got in exchange is completely different than what we had before in so many ways. The trade off was garbage.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true. 20 characters.

thing is, majority of posts here are by QP/lowrank casual players (no offense again, just facts. Iā€™m not considering myself as great player for example.), with little game understanding - i dont see value here. r/Cow is filled with high tier players, their opinion on state of the game is far more valuable.

Yes, and this thread is filled with Mercy players telling their side of the story. Please stop talking down, because youā€™re doing that.

3 Likes

One of the things Iā€™d explore if I were Blizzard, was to maybe enter a PTR version of Overwatch as Game Preview, so at least Xbox users can test new stuff in addition to PC (I donā€™t recall PlayStation having a similar program). This because one of the things lacking, is proper console balancing. Something which weā€™ve only seen for Torb and Sym to date (Anaā€™s console-specific setting isnā€™t part of balance).

For example, Doomfist is really oppressive on console, especially since his Rocket Punch hitbox buff. Console users would greatly appreciate that change being reverted.

1 Like

PTR doesnā€™t involve any kind of reward, for dealing with potentially broken changes. So, why people would even bother to try it? Lootboxes earned there donā€™t transfer to normal game either.

Blizzard prefer balancing game around Pros and high tier players, they proved it with announcement of OWL. So opinion of casual players on balancing issues are not in their priority. Itā€™s 100% right decision. Any competitive game should be balanced around best players.

It is the heaviest indicator of how fun a hero is. So, if we truly want to consider how fun Mercy is, you should.

3 Likes

Does it have to? Iā€™ve been enrolled into the Xbox Preview Program for ages, with the only reward being able to test out the new stuff a month ahead of time, yet with the exact same risks. Iā€™ve had times where my favorite games wouldnā€™t start, and I had to wait for the next patch to arrive. Nothing different here.

Sure, if you agree with the changes, it seems to be a 100% right decision. However, not everyone is a high skilled player. I know Iā€™m not, Iā€™m a filthy casual. But thereā€™s lots of my kind out there that would like to play the hero that came with the game they bought, not the botched version they received afterwards.

tl;dr the problem is Blizzard prioritizes the 10% of players way up there and forgets the rest.

1 Like

Usually does. Tested few games, and it often included some unique items as memory, or just keeping your progress when changes hit live.

You can pick any other hero if Mercy is not fun for you. There is a lot of other options, my friend. I see a lot of Mercy OTPs and mains in Masters, pretty sure theyā€™re okay with Mercy.

If they switch to other hero, they will fall from Masters :expressionless:

The problem with the PTR is of course that some changes could end up doing things to your account, which would then render using that account in the normal game ratherā€¦ questionable. Or stats that would suddenly no longer be applicable or plain wrong.

Depends. Iā€™ve found Brigitte to be pretty similar to Mercy, right down to being team dependent. Iā€™ve not suffered from playing Brigitte instead of Mercy and can maintain my (Platinum) rank with comparable ease.

Because how viable and strong they are is irrelevant to our complaints.

Stop playing dumb.

3 Likes

Weā€¦ donā€™t.

We want her reworked.

1 Like